Silver Moon videos released

Daveywavey70

It's going to be fascinating to see how the S.A.L.T. concept works once the ship starts sailing.  I can see it being incredibly popular.  I know we'll want to spend quite a bit of time in their sampling beverages and cuisines, especially on voyages that visit so many different countries. 

I wonder how SS plans to manage demand.  Will it have an upcharge like La Dame and Kaiseki?  Or, will it be come and go as you please like Atlantide and Indochine?

It is certainly a beautiful ship.  We loved the Spirit (cruised on several times), and then enjoyed cruising on the Muse (which kind of built on the Spirit).  Can't wait to be able to try the Moon.  Beyond seeing the nice ship, it is worth watching these videos just to hear the very fashionable lady's Italian-inflected English.  Makes me want to take a trip to the old-a country!!  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

It's going to be fascinating to see how the S.A.L.T. concept works once the ship starts sailing.  I can see it being incredibly popular.  I know we'll want to spend quite a bit of time in their sampling beverages and cuisines, especially on voyages that visit so many different countries. 

I wonder how SS plans to manage demand.  Will it have an upcharge like La Dame and Kaiseki?  Or, will it be come and go as you please like Atlantide and Indochine?

Its meant to be open seating and if you had a peep in my.silversea, definitely no charges. (Only La Dame and Kaiseki were chargeable from what I saw.)

Lovely to see the clips Davewavey...  I know you would already have sailed and Stumbles been on now (followed by me in 5 days)... What would have been eh! Hopefully the furniture will arrive at some point!

What's quite amusing, both my moon sailings have been cancelled and now find myself (hopefully) looking forward to Spirit, Dawn and Muse sailings instead. (At least I'll get Indochine for 2 of them.) Nice to see Dawn growing in one clip. 

13 hours ago, les37b said:

Its meant to be open seating and if you had a peep in my.silversea, definitely no charges. (Only La Dame and Kaiseki were chargeable from what I saw.)

Very interesting and good to know! 

Considering our next voyage includes six different countries (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, and India), I have a feeling we be spending most of our time in SALT and La Terrazza.

7 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Considering our next voyage includes six different countries (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, and India), I have a feeling we be spending most of our time in SALT and La Terrazza.

Now that sounds like a journey where SALT would really come into it's own Stumbles. I'm still gutted about my 50th Adriatic jolly on the Moon not happening. 21 is looking quite busy for us and as desperate as I am to experience the Moon, I'm being pulled towards a fantastic itinerary on a brand new ship with a brand new company, the Golden Horizon from tradewind voyages, Palma to Split. My heart skips a beat when I look at videos of her too. The Moon may have to wait until 22 for us now. 

If !! They adopt it as per the publicity it could be interesting.

Many of  the ships I sailed on were Indian crewed. We had two separate catering departments.

One, for the European Officers, was staffed by Goanese personnel. They cooked what they thought the Europeans might like or should have ... usually bland and dire in content.

The other was a Gujarati galley for the Indian ratings. They cooked what the Indians wanted and expected. The difference was phenomenal. When we were in port and unable to use the Officers saloon we used to beg and bribe the Indians for some of their wholly traditional food. Gorgeous offerings.
At sea, they used to collect the still flapping flying fish from the main deck, pop them into the oven and serve them, with fresh / still warm chapattis to the OOW for his ‘early breakfast’ 😁

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Now that sounds like a journey where SALT would really come into it's own Stumbles. I'm still gutted about my 50th Adriatic jolly on the Moon not happening. 21 is looking quite busy for us and as desperate as I am to experience the Moon, I'm being pulled towards a fantastic itinerary on a brand new ship with a brand new company, the Golden Horizon from tradewind voyages

I hear you Davey.  Considering we had planned a 10-day gastronomy tour through Basque and Provence last month before boarding the Moon in Monte Carlo for a further adventure throughout Spain, we were sad when all of our best laid plans were crushed by Covid-19.  And, with 2021 so up in the air, we never made any plans.  So, this is why we decided to replace the 2020 back-to-back voyage on the Moon with the Singapore to Mumbai voyage in 2022 in order to satisfy our foodie exploration desires. 

Have fun planning your trip aboard Golden Horizon.  She looks stunning.  With our voyage setting sail on Valentine's Day, I know we'll have one heck of weekend in Singapore before boarding the Moon. ☺️ I haven't been able to stop dreaming of Chef Sebastien Lepinoy's haute French cuisine at 3 Michelin Star, Les Amis ever since our meal there in February, 2019.

14 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

I hear you Davey.  Considering we had planned a 10-day gastronomy tour through Basque and Provence last month before boarding the Moon in Monte Carlo for a further adventure throughout Spain, we were sad when all of our best laid plans were crushed by Covid-19.  And, with 2021 so up in the air, we never made any plans.  So, this is why we decided to replace the 2020 back-to-back voyage on the Moon with the Singapore to Mumbai voyage in 2022 in order to satisfy our foodie exploration desires. 

Have fun planning your trip aboard Golden Horizon.  She looks stunning.  With our voyage setting sail on Valentine's Day, I know we'll have one heck of weekend in Singapore before boarding the Moon. ☺️ I haven't been able to stop dreaming of Chef Sebastien Lepinoy's haute French cuisine at 3 Michelin Star, Les Amis ever since our meal there in February, 2019.

And on the Moon TA you had planned..... Fish and chips every night! LOL

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/17/2020 at 7:45 PM, Stumblefoot said:

So it is our luck that after our August 2020 cruise departing Trieste was cancelled, in January we booked the same itinerary you mentioned, for February 2022. But of course I am now concerned about our two overnights in Myanmar, due to the coup. So we will wait a while and see what happens.

8 hours ago, NJ Cruiserman said:

So it is our luck that after our August 2020 cruise departing Trieste was cancelled, in January we booked the same itinerary you mentioned, for February 2022. But of course I am now concerned about our two overnights in Myanmar, due to the coup. So we will wait a while and see what happens.

Nice!  Hope we’ll have the chance to meet.  Ultimately, whatever happens in Myanmar, I trust that SS won’t put us in harms way.

Speaking of Trieste, I made a traditional 3-day Jota Triestina with Brovada this week and served it tonight.  The Brovada really made the dish and was perfect on a cold winter night after being outside all day.