Dear Celebrity,

lv2cruisgrl

I have seen the new cruising prices, all I can say is wow.  We have cruised a lot over the years with Celebrity and Royal.  We don't drink alcohol a lot or use the WIFI so why would I pay for something I don't use?  Sad to see the new changes.  We will probably go elsewhere.  

Sincerely,  A Loyal Customer maybe No More

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

I have seen the new cruising prices, all I can say is wow.  We have cruised a lot over the years with Celebrity and Royal.  We don't drink alcohol a lot or use the WIFI so why would I pay for something I don't use?  Sad to see the new changes.  We will probably go elsewhere.  

If you listen closely, I think you can hear the Love Boat song.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

No loyalty...they will wave a Bon Voyage to you as they sail off.

• Like 1

The bottom line is all cruisers have a ‘top’ line, the maximum they will pay for anything. We do love the Celebrity product but will not pay more than we think it is ‘worth’. Last year it was cheaper for us to fly business to Florida for a Caribbean cruise than take one in the Mediterranean...

I am very interested to see pricing as the new itineraries come out...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, chemmo said:

The bottom line is all cruisers have a ‘top’ line, the maximum they will pay for anything. We do love the Celebrity product but will not pay more than we think it is ‘worth’. Last year it was cheaper for us to fly business to Florida for a Caribbean cruise than take one in the Mediterranean...

I personally think all cruise companies have put the 2021 prices up and looking at P&O's 2022 prices they seemed to have come down a little compared to 2021. My theory for this is the 125% FCCs, a majority of people seem to be using them on 2021 cruises. the extra 25% has to gained from somewhere. Nothing is free in this world.

14 hours ago, lovrccl said:

I have seen the new cruising prices, all I can say is wow.  We have cruised a lot over the years with Celebrity and Royal.  We don't drink alcohol a lot or use the WIFI so why would I pay for something I don't use?

You're "lucky" that the price difference could be explained by added amenities - for us X just cancelled a booking where we had all those amenities already and is now suggesting that we rebook the exact same dates and itinerary on a lesser ship for 50% more money.

• Like 1

I like the all inclusive pricing actually, since I get all those things anyway...but I am really disappointed in the lack of changes in Captains Club benefits announced today.  I had anticipated there would be something worthwhile in these changes, but since there isn't, it is now time for me to go elsewhere.  I have a future booking on hold for late 2021 which I will just probably cancel and forfeit the $100 deposit.  Finally got Elite+ and absolutely no incentive for me to stay loyal to this line.  Now my decisions will solely be based on best itinerary which Celebrity seldom offers.  Think I'm headed over to Princess.

Edited by Xcelsior
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Demonyte said:

You're "lucky" that the price difference could be explained by added amenities - for us X just cancelled a booking where we had all those amenities already and is now suggesting that we rebook the exact same dates and itinerary on a lesser ship for 50% more money.

That just doesn't sound right. We were able to book the exact same cruise, different ship, same dates, at a greatly reduced price, same perks and $200 OBC. What sailing did you have cancelled?

Edited by sippican

1 hour ago, sippican said:

That just doesn't sound right. We were able to book the exact same cruise, different ship, same dates, at a greatly reduced price, same perks and $200 OBC. What sailing did you have cancelled?

Edge on Jan 24, 2022, we had booked C2 for $4k total and now the price for the same category on Silhouette is approx $6.2k.

Edited by Demonyte

Everyone has their own personal price point.  
We love to cruise.   We also love X, but— we love to vacation more.  So, if an X cruise is out priced and another line costs less, for what we consider comparable, bye X.  And if a great land based vacay is less than the cruise, bye cruise.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demonyte said:

Edge on Jan 24, 2022, we had booked C2 for $4k total and now the price for the same category on Silhouette is approx $6.2k.

You may want to try again, I read that they were allowing an equal move from one ship to the other.  I saw this posted on FB:  (I know, I know, FB isn't the end all) 

"Good news - Celebrity is offering price protection on cancelled Edge sailings if they move to the Celebrity Silhouette."  

• Like 2

I checked the prices on my Iceland/Greenland cruises which were cancelled this year and which I re-booked for 2021 in CC cabins.  The first leg has increased in price almost $3,000; the second leg has increased almost $4,000.

My Bermuda/Charleston cruise which was also a re-book from 2020 has vanished from the schedule.

1 hour ago, Demonyte said:

Have you called to confirm this? Others in your position are reporting that  X is discounting the Silhouette prices for cancelled Edge cruisers. Do you have a travel agent?

1 minute ago, sippican said:

Have you called to confirm this? Others in your position are reporting that  X is discounting the Silhouette prices for cancelled Edge cruisers. Do you have a travel agent?

Yep, we do. She answered my email pretty quickly yesterday but then the info was the same as within Celebrity's email. Maybe I'll email her again.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chemmo said:

AGREE!!

8 hours ago, Demonyte said:

Sucks, I hope that doesn't happen to us for our 2021 Nov cruise, we will cancel before deposit if things don't seem right!  So glad these boards are active and people can share experiences!

@Cruise Raider and @sippican - thank you both so so much for the advice!

Just got a reply from our TA:

"I spoke with Celebrity and they advised they will allow you to Lift and Shift your Edge 1/24/22 cruise to the Silhouette 1/24/22 sailing. They will protect your cruise fare and cruise line promotions.  You will pay the prevailing taxes and port expenses."

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Demonyte said:

My guess is that you were on a Panama Canal cruise on Edge? Am I right? We were cancelled off that cruise as well, with them suggesting that we rebook on Silhouette or Constellation for the Southern Caribbean at prevailing prices. They offered us (in a 1A balcony) $300 OBC (per stateroom not per person) if we rebooked. On the Edge cruise (10 night) we had a classic package, tips and wifi. The new price with the All program for the same length of cruise on Connie or Silly is more than $1000 higher. We were not offered to move the cruise at our pricing. The cruise was just cancelled (Edge will be doing Eastern Caribbean seven nighters then). 

A bad move by X. Totally ticked. I understand cancelling the Canal because they save money by not going through the locks but to not offer to hold our fare on another cruise and make us go to the new "Prevailing Prices" is just wrong. 

Jim

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Demonyte said:

@Cruise Raider and @sippican - thank you both so so much for the advice!

Just got a reply from our TA:

"I spoke with Celebrity and they advised they will allow you to Lift and Shift your Edge 1/24/22 cruise to the Silhouette 1/24/22 sailing. They will protect your cruise fare and cruise line promotions.  You will pay the prevailing taxes and port expenses."

That is awesome news!!! 

• Like 1