Its not RCL that scares me, its the airlines...

35 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Maybe not me, I would like to see more signs rcl is coming back.

I own quit a bit of cruise line stock, so I am worried but not for me.

Actually I lifted and shifted my feb cruise many months ago. I'm booked april 25th now. I'd like to see it go but am thinking what to do., only one other dec 12 2021 on rcl.

It's my stock I'm worried about, not my own cruise.,.. not that it matters.

I'd like to jump on a cruise now, but personally I wouldnt. I hope to be vaccinated first. 

Please dont put words in my mouth unless you know what I'm actually thinking. Yes I'd like more communication from the cruiselines.... because I have too large of a chunk of stock. I want them to survive. One cruise, yes I would like it to go. But i realized long ago feb too early to get vaccinated and moved it. April iffy in my mind.

It seems over the months you implied through your posts that you were ready to board a ship the minute it started and was concerned about your B2B in February when there was no sign of restart. I guess you have changed your mind since then. Thank you for clearing that up

Edited by Iamcruzin

22 hours ago, 20165 said:

Since we weren't able to to take our RCL cruise this year for obvious reasons, we decided to try an all inclusive in Cancun earlier this month.  We flew direct from Charlotte to Cancun and stayed at a resort that was like a ghost town.  Maybe counted 15-20 other couples the whole time we we were there.  Got back last Tuesday, nov 10, and have since both tested positive for covid.  I am almost 100% certain we got it on the flight back given the airline, American, packed us in like cattle.  In fact, oversold the flight.  

So the reason for me posting this is im certain the cruise lines will do whatever is necessary to keep us safe, especially since they are under a microscope, but if you have to fly to get to a port, beware.  Airlines are not taking these seriously.  We will absolutely not fly again until this is over.

I agree with you 100%.  It just doesn't make sense that a packed aircraft wouldn't spread the disease.

If you believe the airlines, there have only been a handful of other cases linked to air travel.  I don't believe them.

I hope you recover soon.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Iamcruzin said:

It seems over the months you were ready to board a ship the minute it started and was concerned about your B2B in February when there was no sign of restart. I guess you have changed your mind since then. Thank you for clearing that up

Theres a difference between wishes and doing. Of course I'd love to board a ship now and say so. Doesnt mean I would. I'm dying to cruise.

Clearly you are out and about a lot more than me as you say you are eating in restaurants.. though in my case I am getting take out to share with my 94 and 102 year old parents who arent even out shopping for food., still shut in. 

I'd also really like to get my teeth cleaned but they are only taking emergencies where I go. I've got covid fatigue. My dad hasn't been able to get the battery checked on his pacemaker, so a lot of the things I'd be driving to normally arent happening. Some of my stay at home is due to covid. My parents decided to cancel their check up with their gp and stay home. Usually I'm driving them to doctors a lot.

• Like 1