Itinerary Release/Extension (2023)

Stumblefoot

9 hours ago, dawntrdr said:

Yes, Tokyo to Seward on the Muse 5/6/22; SM220506014.

Thank you for that.

After my Moon TA was cancelled, this is the cruise I chose to replace it Funnily, there is still wrangling going on as they were (are still are - I should find out today) refusing to honour the FCC I had which was simply cash in place of payment for work done for SS. I understand they are trying to say I am trying to stack discounts - which if the £2000 I am owed was enhanced in anyway, would have to concede. However, it was worth £2000 when given and still worth £2000 now. My SS contact tells me its resolved now and wont be blocked when my TA calls today.... but it begs the question what they will say when this price reduction is pointed out.

Not even sure what it is - as you cant drill into it to see  where the figure they are quoting comes from.

Its saying its got a 20% discount. I know 2 weeks ago, the price was £4140 after the early booking bonus removed. (The full price was £4600 if not paying in full)...... So how theyve arrived at £3840 for a Vista, I will never know.

This cruise (for me) was given a 15% discount for rebooking on one of the selected choices.... So great news if its 15% off the new price. I rather suspect (given the dubious way I've seen things develop), they will suggest new bookings are getting a better deal than someone who'd had their cruise cancelled which was paid for in full 2 years ago. We shall see.

Anyone care to join me......

This is a robust list of cruises with 20% off.  I had not searched the website and, reading early posts, had initially thought that this might be deceptive advertising with very few cruises available at this price.  It is reassuring that such is not the case.

25 minutes ago, Observer said:

This is a robust list of cruises with 20% off.  I had not searched the website and, reading early posts, had initially thought that this might be deceptive advertising with very few cruises available at this price.  It is reassuring that such is not the case.

The one I have booked mention above, has 16.5% discount. The starting price for a Vista was £4600 less 16.5% brings it to £3840 which its currently priced at. Of course if they've increased the price in the last few days to have a sale.... then not so good. That said, I think the calculations may be being done differently instead of 20% off.....you will have to pay 20% more - which is not the same thing.

I do wonder if they will honour this new price. I'd certainly rather have that £300pp lower price and not be penalised for having SS hold onto my money for 2 years before being cancelled. 

Still not heard back.. the question has been asked, but i am losing patience now as this whole scenario is taking far longer than it should. (I'm referring to the re-bookings for the 3 that have been cancelled and seemingly a hardening of behaviour at SS.)

If they play silly boogers with the money they owe me, then May 21 and May 22 will both be cancelled regardless of the question posed by this new price.

2 hours ago, sail1658 said:

The previous link was 2021 voyages. 

These are 2022/23 voyages 

Thank you!  The email we received didn't include the brochure with highlighted voyages, but rather a link that took one to the main home page with no ability to filter the 20% off voyages.

35 minutes ago, les37b said:

Still not heard back.. the question has been asked, but i am losing patience now as this whole scenario is taking far longer than it should. (I'm referring to the re-bookings for the 3 that have been cancelled and seemingly a hardening of behaviour at SS.)

If they play silly boogers with the money they owe me, then May 21 and May 22 will both be cancelled regardless of the question posed by this new price.

Further unacceptable examples of disgraceful treatment of cancellations and refunds which sadly are becoming a regular feature across this Board.

This is the main reason why no further bookings will be made by us until we are sure SS will survive until 2023 which seems a reasonable target date as we stand.Hope SS refund policy to loyal supporters is prioritised rather than stuffed in a pending file for 6 months!

12 hours ago, les37b said:

Its saying its got a 20% discount. I know 2 weeks ago, the price was £4140 after the early booking bonus removed. (The full price was £4600 if not paying in full)...... So how theyve arrived at £3840 for a Vista, I will never know.

This cruise (for me) was given a 15% discount for rebooking on one of the selected choices.... So great news if its 15% off the new price. I rather suspect (given the dubious way I've seen things develop), they will suggest new bookings are getting a better deal than someone who'd had their cruise cancelled which was paid for in full 2 years ago. We shall see.

Anyone care to join me......

We are on the same Tokyo departure May 2023 voyage, due to May 2021 got canceled. We are continuing on a back-to-back down to Vancouver to more resemble the original 2021 voyage. 

We just requested from our TA to look at the price reduction to 20% for early booking. So we will see if we get the additional 10%...

22 minutes ago, carefreecruise said:

We are on the same Tokyo departure May 2023 voyage, due to May 2021 got canceled. We are continuing on a back-to-back down to Vancouver to more resemble the original 2021 voyage. 

We just requested from our TA to look at the price reduction to 20% for early booking. So we will see if we get the additional 10%...

What a yo-yo -- I didn't catch it till later but it is May 2022 voyage not 2023. Wish they would allow editing by the poster for a longer time frame.

16 hours ago, brimary said:

Further unacceptable examples of disgraceful treatment of cancellations and refunds which sadly are becoming a regular feature across this Board.

This is the main reason why no further bookings will be made by us until we are sure SS will survive until 2023 which seems a reasonable target date as we stand.Hope SS refund policy to loyal supporters is prioritised rather than stuffed in a pending file for 6 months!

Just to clarify - the booking in question is with an agent - and its them I was referring to hear back from.

In the meantime, SS have confirmed there shouldn't be a problem using the money I have on file. The issue is getting SS booking system to accept it as the code used cant be mixed so it's in the hands of SS. I have stressed I need this to be resolve today as my TA will be away from tomorrow until next year. The deadline because I can still get a full cash refund on the FCC cruise I bought for May 2021. Logic is if I can't buy the second booking, I will cancel the first too as I am not going to be left holding money I can't use, so will just request a refund for both cancellations. The first one got cancelled by SS in April 2020 - so hence my remarks its been dragging on - but that's more down to circumstances than anything else. The booking also contained the onboard discount, which will also be lost.

I'm still hopeful they will sort, but if they don't I'm now kind of at peace with it and will push what I am hoping will happen with my optimism and revert to realism and not get overly agitated with the outcome of the cash instead.

Edited by les37b

10 hours ago, carefreecruise said:

What a yo-yo -- I didn't catch it till later but it is May 2022 voyage not 2023. Wish they would allow editing by the poster for a longer time frame.

See you on board..... maybe..... if SS sort my booking and cruises have restarted. Not sure which is more improbable! lol

2 hours ago, les37b said:

See you on board..... maybe..... if SS sort my booking and cruises have restarted. Not sure which is more improbable! lol

Hope everything works out for your booked cruises and you can resume cruising with SS.

On 12/17/2020 at 11:43 AM, brimary said:

Hope everything works out for your booked cruises and you can resume cruising with SS.

Amen to that.

Seems that in order too use the discount given on the cash paid in full 2 years ago, the 15% discount given is only usable on the inflated price not the discounted one - and the Silversea price warranty is invalid. They are certainly playing hardball. They wouldn't even allow me to use the £130 on file from a cancelled booking. GS managed to change something on the system allowing me to use the £2000 credit they owe me (which is nothing to do with FCC for cancelled cruises) - but left me with money over that I just have to swallow and replace with a further cash injection. To top it all, the travel agent also tried to renegotiate the price with me to request even more than the amount disqualified. They backed down on that, so my threat to cancel the SS direct booking for May and this Tokyo 2022 booking are still active. It was very close though. What it tells me is that SS really are penny counting now, which is worrying to say the least. Not allowing a cancellation fee and now honouring their price warranty is not a good sign for things to come and it does worry me if the premium 12 night Tower Bridge/ Norway which got converted into a 7 night med, might only afford me a 4 night English Channel replacement the way things are going!

Edited by les37b

Les37b....so sorry to hear the details of your booking to date.It just eats away at what should be an exciting pleasure in booking and going on a luxury cruise.Agree with your conclusions re indications of financial issues at SS.Hope it all works out to your satisfaction and you enjoy the cruise.Your experience has confirmed our decision to refrain from further SS bookings until 2023.