MSC Seashore

rkacruiser

4 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

We have been told by MSC that Seashore has been delayed so the program is changed and Seashore will not be completed in time for the 2021 summer season.

Are you referring to the delay until August 1st that was announced back in April or something new?

https://www.msccruises.com/en-gl/About-MSC/News/Extension-Halt-Operations-Summer-2021.aspx

1 hour ago, Até said:

Are you referring to the delay until August 1st that was announced back in April or something new?

https://www.msccruises.com/en-gl/About-MSC/News/Extension-Halt-Operations-Summer-2021.aspx

I don't remember when it was but it's not something new, maybe it was in April. Seashore was replaced with an older ship for our cruise in July because of the delay but we were able to change that for a cruise one day later on Grandiosa. The change is okay for us but right now I feel that we probably won't cruise next summer, especially since we won't enjoy a cruise if we have to wear a mask so if that's the case we rather cancel and loose the $1300 we have already paid.  

53 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

... but right now I feel that we probably won't cruise next summer, especially since we won't enjoy a cruise if we have to wear a mask so if that's the case we rather cancel and loose the $1300 we have already paid.  

Does your booking not fall under the Cruise Assurance or Total Cruise Flex programs?  Under those you could cancel with a FCC and move the date out.  If it does I'd still wait as I suspect MSC is going to have to extend the FCC use by date.  When is your final payment date?

ETA: Since you said Summer you won't fall under Cruise Assurance, and I suspect the booking wasn't made after August 5th so wouldn't fall under Total Cruise Flex.  MSC needs to realize there is a large number of bookings that aren't protected.  I have several in this category but luckily in my case I can cancel for refund.  It's a bad situation for those booked with non-refundable deposits.

Edited by Até

4 hours ago, Até said:

Does your booking not fall under the Cruise Assurance or Total Cruise Flex programs?  Under those you could cancel with a FCC and move the date out.  If it does I'd still wait as I suspect MSC is going to have to extend the FCC use by date.  When is your final payment date?

ETA: Since you said Summer you won't fall under Cruise Assurance, and I suspect the booking wasn't made after August 5th so wouldn't fall under Total Cruise Flex.  MSC needs to realize there is a large number of bookings that aren't protected.  I have several in this category but luckily in my case I can cancel for refund.  It's a bad situation for those booked with non-refundable deposits.

We did our originally booking around Christmas last year but the changes were made after August 5th. I have never booked a cruise with refundable deposit so I don't expect to get any money back if we decide to cancel.

My experience is that MSCs customer service is excellent so even if I'm not entitled to a refund I shouldn't be surprised if they let me change the booking again if that's the best option for us.  

On 12/4/2020 at 5:26 PM, sverigecruiser said:

I don't remember when it was but it's not something new, maybe it was in April. Seashore was replaced with an older ship for our cruise in July because of the delay but we were able to change that for a cruise one day later on Grandiosa. The change is okay for us but right now I feel that we probably won't cruise next summer, especially since we won't enjoy a cruise if we have to wear a mask so if that's the case we rather cancel and loose the $1300 we have already paid.  

Your statement was about the april announcement, the delay that was announced at that time was that MSC Seashore is coming in to service august 1st 2021 caused by closure of the shipyards and covid19. You will be rebooked to MSC Fantasia with onboard credit.

The newsletter above, released last month, tells us that MSC cruises did make a new statement there will be no further delays for MSC Seashore, with the first sailing starts at august 1st 2021.

There are rumors in this topic for a delay till october 2021, but i think that we have to stay with the facts that are released by a MSC spokesman.

Edited by Maikell

7 hours ago, Maikell said:

Your statement was about the april announcement, the delay that was announced at that time was that MSC Seashore is coming in to service august 1st 2021 caused by closure of the shipyards and covid19. You will be rebooked to MSC Fantasia with onboard credit.

The newsletter above, released last month, tells us that MSC cruises did make a new statement there will be no further delays for MSC Seashore, with the first sailing starts at august 1st 2021.

There are rumors in this topic for a delay till october 2021, but i think that we have to stay with the facts that are released by a MSC spokesman.

Yes, there will be no further delays but she is still delayed.

We were given the option to be rebooked to Fantasia and get a small OBC but really prefer a newer ship and changed it to Grandiosa instead. We also got a new price, around $2000  less than the cruise on Fantasia. Easy choice for us even if we prefer the Fantasia itinerary.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...