New vaccine

hollyjess

26 minutes ago, wowzz said:

My wife had a slight allergy, and had the Pfizer vaccine with no problems.BUT, all allergies are different - you need proper medical advice, not individual anecdotes. 

Spot on Wowzz and it is worth mentioning that the poster or anyone else for that matter 

will be quizzed by the person giving the Jab anyway before the needle gets anywhere near

their arm.  

20 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I was told that I was allergic to penicillin as a child (in the late 60’s / early 70’s) but they used to say that a lot back then. I have had amoxicillin several times as an adult and had no reaction. Anyway, I had the AZ jab yesterday and whilst my arm is painful, I had no other reaction. 

It was 1960 when I was 4 that I was told I was allergic to Penicillin.

When things quieten down I will go for an allergy test because it is very interesting to hear you have had amoxicillin without any problems.

Hope you and your wife feel better quickly.

Best wishes to you both.

Graham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good tip.

I hope both your side effects vanish quickly.

It definitely is worth getting the jab as covid19 from personal experience is nasty.

Our Sarah has just rang to say her covid19 test yesterday was positive.

She is a key worker and had a fit at work last week and unfortunately the friend who brought her home got a positive test a couple of days later.

Sorry to hear about Sarah. Hopefully her symptons are mild and she has a quick recovery.

Avril

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, L751 said:

Has anyone on here had there jab,  who is alergic to penicillin, and was there any side effects 

I am allergic to Penicillin and was told it was safe to have the jab.I had similar side effects to some others- achey and really tired for 24 hours but I don't think it had anything to do with being allergic to Penicillin.If anything it was probably due to having a weakened immune system but really pleased to have had the vaccine

• Like 3

Good tip.

It definitely is worth getting the jab as covid19 from personal experience is nasty.

She is a key worker and had a fit at work last week and unfortunately the friend who brought her home got a positive test a couple of days later.

Sorry to hear that Sarah has covid.Hope that she will feel better soon.Also pleased that you have got an appointment for your jab and hope eye appointment goes well

• Thanks 1

Ooo that all sounds awful Graham.  Hope you get it all sorted.  I wear multifocal contact lenses which are marvellous, only they just changed the prescription after an eye test and the new ones messed up my distance vision, so have to go back tomorrow for a new pair.

• Thanks 1

My daughter had a surprise call from our GP yesterday. They are having their jabs next Friday. Jen is only 48 but is registered as the carer of my grandson who has Autism. Her husband is only 50. Obviously they are both very pleased and relieved.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Update on ‘the morning after’! My wife and I had the AZ vaccine yesterday. We have both had slight reactions, but different to those reported by others.

My issue has been my arm. It’s quite painful and disturbed my sleep quite a bit last night. I also had a stiff neck which may or may not be related. It dawned on me last night that when I had my flu jab, the pharmacist told me to let my arm go very limp and she pinched my skin as she injected. Not only did I not feel it at all, but I had no inflammation or pain afterwards, which I usually do. Yesterday, although the nurse made a point of telling us that she had been a nurse for 46 years, she did neither of these things and I felt the needle (only slightly). There is no redness, swelling or ‘hot to touch’ sensation at the vaccination site but it’s more painful than I have experienced with other jabs. Other than the arm, I feel OK. 

My wife said that she felt a little bit out of sorts last night, but she has MS and her immune system is a bit shot (hence the group 6 categorisation). Thankfully, she almost never gets colds, but if she gets anything it can really immobilise her. The very little movement that she does have seems even more compromised as a result of the effects of the jab. For those who are familiar with MS symptoms, she says that it feels as though she is having an ‘episode’. We are hopeful (and optimistic) that this will pass by tomorrow.

As long as my wife returns to her previous position, we would consider these to be small prices to pay for the prospect of life returning to normal and we both feel very relieved to have had the jab. My only advice would be let your arm go very limp, which I will try to remember for my 2nd one!

I do hope your wife is feeling much better this morning Selbourne, and that it was the side effects of her jab and not an 'episode'. 

Avril

• Like 2

Just had a text from my doctor's.

I have been invited for my vaccine jab on Wednesday.

I have an eye appointment with the consultant in the Wednesday morning so I have booked the vaccine jab for 5pm at Millfield health centre Sunderland.

Excellent news Graham, so pleased for you. How is your eye now?

Avril

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good tip.

Sorry to hear about your neice, hope she has only a mild dose and doesn't suffer too badly and gets better quickly.

Good to hear about your jab and all goes well.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Sorry to hear about Sarah. Hopefully her symptons are mild and she has a quick recovery.

Avril

Thanks Avril.

She is working from home today even though she has to isolate for 10 days.

Her Epilepsy has affected her work sick record.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L751 said:

Has anyone on here had there jab,  who is alergic to penicillin, and was there any side effects 

Not to penicillin but this may help. When my sister and BIL both went for theirs, Jim had the Pfizer and because Ba was allergic to morphine they gave her the AZ instead. I would have a word with your GP and put your mind at rest.

Avril

• Like 1

Just had a text from my doctor's.

I have been invited for my vaccine jab on Wednesday.

I have an eye appointment with the consultant in the Wednesday morning so I have booked the vaccine jab for 5pm at Millfield health centre Sunderland.

Fantastic news Graham we’ve just got back home from having our jabs at a local pharmacy 👍no problems at all didn’t even feel a thing

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Ooo that all sounds awful Graham.  Hope you get it all sorted.  I wear multifocal contact lenses which are marvellous, only they just changed the prescription after an eye test and the new ones messed up my distance vision, so have to go back tomorrow for a new pair.

Thanks Jean.

The IOLens has improved my long vision in the right eye which ironically is my good eye.

There is the start of a cataract in my other eye so when I see the consultant on Wednesday I will ask him about this before I go for a new eye test.

I have my first covid19 vaccine on Wednesday too so I have booked that for 6 hours later.

29 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

My daughter had a surprise call from our GP yesterday. They are having their jabs next Friday. Jen is only 48 but is registered as the carer of my grandson who has Autism. Her husband is only 50. Obviously they are both very pleased and relieved.

Really pleased for your daughter Jen.

Graham.

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

I was told that I was allergic to penicillin as a child (in the late 60’s / early 70’s) but they used to say that a lot back then. I have had amoxicillin several times as an adult and had no reaction. Anyway, I had the AZ jab yesterday and whilst my arm is painful, I had no other reaction. 

I should have said that the nurse asked me if I was allergic to anything prior to jabbing me and I mentioned the above.

• Like 1

Lots of good news in this thread.  I’m so late getting on the forum, it’s raced ahead and individual responses would be just a nuisance.

So - I’m really pleased to hear of all the appointments/jabs

I think I posted earlier that I read an article saying there had only been 60 cases recorded of anaphylactic response to the millions and millions of jabs which had been given.  That sounds like really good news

More good news today about response rates.  Too complicated for the non-scientists, I think, but generally very good, even with only the first of two

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Fantastic news Graham we’ve just got back home from having our jabs at a local pharmacy 👍no problems at all didn’t even feel a thing

Thanks Lindy.

My vaccine jab is at Millfield health centre Sunderland about 7 miles drive from home.

Really pleased you have had your jab and hopefully you have to side effects.

Graham.

• Like 1