New vaccine

hollyjess

Just now, Angel57 said:

Unexpectedly had a call from our local hub at Midhurst and I’m having the Pfizer jab on Thursday. I’m group 7.
So excited (which is quite ridiculous really) that I’m having a glass of wine!

Cheers everyone 🍷🍷🍷

Go Girl!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Unexpectedly had a call from our local hub at Midhurst and I’m having the Pfizer jab on Thursday. I’m group 7.

Cheers everyone 🍷🍷🍷

Good news, said I hoped you'd get yours soon.  Had mine this morning.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Selbourne said:

I called 119 earlier in the week prior to receiving our invitations to book via text. All they can tell you is what you can check for yourself online which, in the case of group 6 is ‘you are not yet eligible to book a vaccination’. The reason is that the NHS has decided that group 6 jabs are better carried out by GP surgeries so, as a result, the option to book online for this group doesn’t exist. This has proved to be a flawed approach, as it has resulted in lower risk groups getting priority over those in group 6 who are people with underlying health conditions. We are lucky that we have an excellent GP surgery and our area is ahead of the national vaccination rate, so we were jabbed yesterday, but it does appear to be a bit of a lottery. 

How is your wife today Selbourne? Much better I hope.

Avril

Achey neck and shoulders last night and this morning.Sweating like a pig in bed but paracetomol seems to have worked,OK at moment.As I said,I did get 2 jabs,she didn't say what happened,perhaps I got an extra half dose,lol.Always been a greedy sod.

Edited by brian1

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

How is your wife today Selbourne? Much better I hope.

Avril

Hi Avril. Thanks for asking. She’s feeling OK thanks. She is a bit more sluggish than usual but doesn’t feel poorly as such. As long as she recovers to where she was prior to the jab (which we think and hope will be the case) then she got away quite lightly given her immune system. My arm still hurts a bit (not as bad as yesterday when it felt that I had been punched by Mike Tyson 😂) and my headache lasted until this morning and didn’t respond to painkillers, but again all quite minor and we are both extremely relieved and grateful to have had the vaccine by mid Feb, which is far sooner than we thought. 

I can’t help but feel that the AZ vaccine seems to have a higher incidence of side effects than the Phizer one. By sheer coincidence our 27 year old daughter was jabbed on the same morning as us, also with the AZ vaccine. During the evening her arm started aching and she started getting goosebumps all over. She went to bed with the heating on, wearing a jumper and bed socks and with a blanket on top of the duvet, yet was still shivering. She felt nauseous as well. Later in the night she was hot and sweaty and felt that her heart was racing. After 24 hours she felt better but still feels quite tired. Odd that out of the three of us, the young fit and health one had the worst reaction!  

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Cheers everyone 🍷🍷🍷

DW was 65 on Monday. On Sunday she said I think I'll have a go booking on the app a day early. Got the first fit today and the next in 12 weeks. She got the letter yesterday followed by a call and a text . All moving along nicely now.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Odd that out of the three of us, the young fit and health one had the worst reaction!  

All the statistics are showing just that in the data sheets we had to read prior to be certified to give the vaccines .  The older you get the less side-effects and those you get are milder.  That may also be as a result of it not being as effective but that is still to be proven.

26 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Hi Avril. Thanks for asking. She’s feeling OK thanks. She is a bit more sluggish than usual but doesn’t feel poorly as such. As long as she recovers to where she was prior to the jab (which we think and hope will be the case) then she got away quite lightly given her immune system. My arm still hurts a bit (not as bad as yesterday when it felt that I had been punched by Mike Tyson 😂) and my headache lasted until this morning and didn’t respond to painkillers, but again all quite minor and we are both extremely relieved and grateful to have had the vaccine by mid Feb, which is far sooner than we thought. 

I can’t help but feel that the AZ vaccine seems to have a higher incidence of side effects than the Phizer one. By sheer coincidence our 27 year old daughter was jabbed on the same morning as us, also with the AZ vaccine. During the evening her arm started aching and she started getting goosebumps all over. She went to bed with the heating on, wearing a jumper and bed socks and with a blanket on top of the duvet, yet was still shivering. She felt nauseous as well. Later in the night she was hot and sweaty and felt that her heart was racing. After 24 hours she felt better but still feels quite tired. Odd that out of the three of us, the young fit and health one had the worst reaction!  

Your daughter seems to have the same reaction to AZ as I did. Still some tenderness in my upper arm where I had the jab but that will fade. Only real difference is in the young, fit and healthy section ☹️

1 minute ago, pete14 said:

Your daughter seems to have the same reaction to AZ as I did. Still some tenderness in my upper arm where I had the jab but that will fade. Only real difference is in the young, fit and healthy section ☹️

I had the AZ vaccine, with no side effects at all, not even soreness at the injection site on my arm.

I have met loads of folk here in our little town, some had Pfizer, some had AZ.  Most of the AZ ones had side effects.  Nobody who had the Pfizer had any.  My husband had Pfizer and had no reaction at all.  Interesting innit?  But they are totally different types of vaccine.

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Cheers everyone 🍷🍷🍷

thats great news.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

Glad you are both recovering from your injections. I think from reading various media reports the AZ def seems to have more side effects 

Michelle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

Glad you are both recovering from your injections. I think from reading various media reports the AZ def seems to have more side effects 

Michelle

2 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Our niece whose 29, also had a similar reaction as your daughter. She had contracted covid during the first lockdown and said this felt 10 times worse. She was off work for 4 days. It's been 2 weeks now since we had ours and although we had no reaction at first, I have to say that on the Monday we both felt off it and head-achey, but fine the next day. I'm pleased your wife is a little better, and it sounds like it's the normal after effects of the jab. All worth in the end Selbourne to regain some kind of normality. I hope your wife continues to improve and feels better soon.

Avril

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Achey neck and shoulders last night and this morning.Sweating like a pig in bed but paracetomol seems to have worked,OK at moment.As I said,I did get 2 jabs,she didn't say what happened,perhaps I got an extra half dose,lol.Always been a greedy sod.

Hi bro, I hope you're feeling a bit better now. Just think about all those lovely antibodies that will soon be swimming around. Anyway, I'm sending you some chicken soup. Just look out for a soggy envelope coming through the letterbox😉

Sis

• Haha 1

At the end of last week, I was getting quite anxious as my group 5 husband hadn’t had any contact from the doctor. However, he got his NHS letter last Friday, and had his jab at a large vaccination centre last Saturday.

Then on Tuesday, I was gobsmacked as a group 7 to get a text invitation from the GP.

There’s an explanation on their website. They’ve finished the over 70’s apart from a few stragglers, and have been told by NHS England  to skip the 65-69 year olds in group 5, and move directly to  group 6 and 7. The 65-69 year olds are expected to go to the large vaccination centre, about 12 miles away!

They say that they are aware that some in group 5 may not be able to go to big centre, and are asking those people to wait 4 - 6 weeks, when the GP should be able to jab them.

Therefore, as a healthy 60 year old I just sauntered down the road for my jab, whereas a 69 year has to travel miles or wait for weeks! I find it rather bizarre.

Incidentally, I’m suffering no ill effects from my AZ jab yesterday apart from a slightly achy arm

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

At the end of last week, I was getting quite anxious as my group 5 husband hadn’t had any contact from the doctor. However, he got his NHS letter last Friday, and had his jab at a large vaccination centre last Saturday.

Then on Tuesday, I was gobsmacked as a group 7 to get a text invitation from the GP.

There’s an explanation on their website. They’ve finished the over 70’s apart from a few stragglers, and have been told by NHS England  to skip the 65-69 year olds in group 5, and move directly to  group 6 and 7. The 65-69 year olds are expected to go to the large vaccination centre, about 12 miles away!

They say that they are aware that some in group 5 may not be able to go to big centre, and are asking those people to wait 4 - 6 weeks, when the GP should be able to jab them.

Therefore, as a healthy 60 year old I just sauntered down the road for my jab, whereas a 69 year has to travel miles or wait for weeks! I find it rather bizarre.

Incidentally, I’m suffering no ill effects from my AZ jab yesterday apart from a slightly achy arm

Great to hear you’ve had the jab and no side effects.

Bizarre is the right word for the order the groups are being done in your area.

• Like 1

I'Im 64 group 7 went online to see if I could book and yay  got appointment for Saturday 27th  and second appointment in May Tried for hubby he's 63 wouldn't let me book. I tried for mine 2 days ago and wouldn't let me so happy now, I may try his later in the week . 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Cheers everyone 🍷🍷🍷

Great news Gill. Unexpected but so welcome. Hope that wine went down a treat. Jane.x

• Like 1

So happy for all of you who have either had their jabs, or have been able to book them. It's a feeling of liberation almost when it's done; well half- liberation I suppose. I'm sorry to hear that some of you guys have had a bad reaction to the AZ.  This does seem to have been much more of a feature in my locality than Pfizer.

As some of you know, I'm not working this weekend as we don't have any vaccine. We are promised a delivery next week and are starting on those in Group 6 with underlying health conditions. As reported by Dermotsgirl we are doing cohorts as instructed by NHSE, and apart from stragglers from earlier groups who we can just squeeze in wherever possible, we have to do as we're told regarding invitations. It does all seem to have got very muddled and spasmodic. 

Interestingly, in an attempt to capture some of the population who are resistant, we are trying to gain entry to mosques, synagogues, and other religious establishments with the help of local community and religious leaders. We'll have to see what sort of uptake we get from that initiative.

Best wishes to all from Jane.x

• Like 8