New vaccine

hollyjess

33 minutes ago, Beckett said:

So happy for all of you who have either had their jabs, or have been able to book them. It's a feeling of liberation almost when it's done; well half- liberation I suppose. I'm sorry to hear that some of you guys have had a bad reaction to the AZ.  This does seem to have been much more of a feature in my locality than Pfizer.

As some of you know, I'm not working this weekend as we don't have any vaccine. We are promised a delivery next week and are starting on those in Group 6 with underlying health conditions. As reported by Dermotsgirl we are doing cohorts as instructed by NHSE, and apart from stragglers from earlier groups who we can just squeeze in wherever possible, we have to do as we're told regarding invitations. It does all seem to have got very muddled and spasmodic. 

Interestingly, in an attempt to capture some of the population who are resistant, we are trying to gain entry to mosques, synagogues, and other religious establishments with the help of local community and religious leaders. We'll have to see what sort of uptake we get from that initiative.

Best wishes to all from Jane.x

I hope you are managing to have a relaxing well deserved couple of days off

• Like 2

Daughter and hubby got jabbed this afternoon. Both had the phizer so am hoping she doesn't get too much of a reaction. My other daughter said when she had the e-mail and text from drs she could choose which one she wanted. She is having the az same as me. We are at the same drs but I didn't have a choice. Whether its because she is in group 6 I don't know(she is coeliac same as me) but seems a bit bizarre she had the choice.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, delgirl said:

Daughter and hubby got jabbed this afternoon. Both had the phizer so am hoping she doesn't get too much of a reaction. My other daughter said when she had the e-mail and text from drs she could choose which one she wanted. She is having the az same as me. We are at the same drs but I didn't have a choice. Whether its because she is in group 6 I don't know(she is coeliac same as me) but seems a bit bizarre she had the choice.

Great news delgirl. Fingers crossed they'll both be fine. You must be so relieved. J.x

Well after yesterday’s good news of my wife getting her jab next week, I’m receiving mine the day after her.  After the loss of my brother it feels very bittersweet as he would have also received his vaccination.  I’m personally missing cruising very much and can’t wait to go again.  We’re due on Iona in April 2022 on a back to back,  Northern Europe and then followed by fjords.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

At the end of last week, I was getting quite anxious as my group 5 husband hadn’t had any contact from the doctor. However, he got his NHS letter last Friday, and had his jab at a large vaccination centre last Saturday.

Then on Tuesday, I was gobsmacked as a group 7 to get a text invitation from the GP.

There’s an explanation on their website. They’ve finished the over 70’s apart from a few stragglers, and have been told by NHS England  to skip the 65-69 year olds in group 5, and move directly to  group 6 and 7. The 65-69 year olds are expected to go to the large vaccination centre, about 12 miles away!

They say that they are aware that some in group 5 may not be able to go to big centre, and are asking those people to wait 4 - 6 weeks, when the GP should be able to jab them.

Therefore, as a healthy 60 year old I just sauntered down the road for my jab, whereas a 69 year has to travel miles or wait for weeks! I find it rather bizarre.

Incidentally, I’m suffering no ill effects from my AZ jab yesterday apart from a slightly achy arm

I think you are in Medway like me and I am in group 5 plus well controlled type 2 diabetes. I had a phone call from my GP hub 8 days ago and got my jab 2 hours later, also have my second jab date and time booked. Maybe each hub has different calling procedures?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 9is said:

Well after yesterday’s good news of my wife getting her jab next week, I’m receiving mine the day after her.  After the loss of my brother it feels very bittersweet as he would have also received his vaccination.  I’m personally missing cruising very much and can’t wait to go again.  We’re due on Iona in April 2022 on a back to back,  Northern Europe and then followed by fjords.  

That's so sad 9is. I feel for you and your family. J.x

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, delgirl said:

Pleased to hear that they have both now had the jab and hope that they are ‘reaction free’. My arm is still quite painful after two and a half days. I reckon the nurse was practicing darts when she jabbed me 😂 

The Marsh Family from Faversham have been an online sensation during the last 10 months this is their last parody relating to the vaccine this time it’s Hallelujah, called “Have the New Jab” 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I think you are in Medway like me and I am in group 5 plus well controlled type 2 diabetes. I had a phone call from my GP hub 8 days ago and got my jab 2 hours later, also have my second jab date and time booked. Maybe each hub has different calling procedures?

I’ve given up trying to work it out.

just thankful that both myself and my husband have been able to have our first vaccinations 

9 minutes ago, nicki-k said:

The BBC are reporting that all over 50's should have their first jab by 15th April and all UK adults by the end of July 🤞

Whilst  that is excellent news, I do wonder how long all those involved in the vaccination process can carry on at the current rate.

I'm truly grateful,  but perhaps a slight slow down to give those tireless workers a day or two off, would not be the end of the world.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Whilst  that is excellent news, I do wonder how long all those involved in the vaccination process can carry on at the current rate.

I'm truly grateful,  but perhaps a slight slow down to give those tireless workers a day or two off, would not be the end of the world.

One of my best friends has been trained and volunteered and has only done one shift so far, he’s yet to be called for another and that was some weeks ago. So I think they’ve got scope to be using more people to spread out the workload, fingers crossed they do! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

Pleased to hear that they have both now had the jab and hope that they are ‘reaction free’. My arm is still quite painful after two and a half days. I reckon the nurse was practicing darts when she jabbed me 😂 

My arm didn't hurt until 2 or 3 days later. Hurt for about 3 days.

17 minutes ago, joeecco said:

One of my best friends has been trained and volunteered and has only done one shift so far, he’s yet to be called for another and that was some weeks ago. So I think they’ve got scope to be using more people to spread out the workload, fingers crossed they do! 

Let's hope so.

The gung ho attitude at the hub where I went for my jab on Monday was commendable. I just hope that the same spirit can carry on for another 6 months, with enough man power. 

10 hours ago, Beckett said:

Great news Gill. Unexpected but so welcome. Hope that wine went down a treat. Jane.x

Thank you Jane. The wine was rather lovely and I’ve got half of the bottle left for today.

I hope you are enjoying a well deserved weekend of rest and relaxation.

Gill x

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

The Marsh Family from Faversham have been an online sensation during the last 10 months this is their last parody relating to the vaccine this time it’s Hallelujah, called “Have the New Jab” 

I’ve watched a few from this family , they’re very talented.

• Like 1

I still feel we should be more concerned with letting poorer countries get their at risk group population a jab than giving jabs to very low risk groups over here.

Seems a bit selfish, we are all right Jack really.

As there is no pre test for Antibodies, i wonder how many jabs have been ‘wasted’ on people already having immunity to the Virus, valuable jabs that could have  gone to people not exposed so far.

Edited by Chrisdriving

2 minutes ago, Chrisdriving said:

I still feel we should be more concerned with letting poorer countries get their at risk group population a jab than giving jabs to very low risk groups over here.

Seems a bit selfish, we are all right Jack really.

Very commendable but when you read that teenagers have died and a great nephew of mine not 30, very fit, has long Covid and having to work reduced hours because he is so fatigued, I would rather see all adults offered the jab first.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

I don’t think each individual is working flat out 7 days a week Wowzz, nor should they be. I’m sure that with the numbers involved people are getting days off, so no need to slow things down on that basis. 

Just now, Roger88 said:

My father was vaccinated just a few weeks ago and it all went well. I plan to be vaccinated soon as well. I wish people were taking more care of their health these days

Well, that's a total change of opinion !

• Like 10
  • Haha 1