Infinity cancellations??

Cruzmama

Has anyone had their January, February or March Infinity cruise canceled?  I'm waiting to hear about my Transatlantic in April to Rome.  I figured I had a better chance if Celebrity was able to sail in the Caribbean before it had to head back to Europe.

59 minutes ago, Cruzmama said:

Has anyone had their January, February or March Infinity cruise canceled?  I'm waiting to hear about my Transatlantic in April to Rome.  I figured I had a better chance if Celebrity was able to sail in the Caribbean before it had to head back to Europe.

Not yet.  Stay tuned for similar cancellations as Carnival.  If the 7 day guideline becomes a rule then an April TA is not possible. 

1 hour ago, Cruzmama said:

does it begin in the US or Europe?  If US, very unlikely, if Europe, time will tell

The Infinity is sitting in the Med and there  is no indication that the Infinity will come to the US this year. In my thinking it makes no sense to bring the ship over empty in Jan or Feb and go thru the steps to satisfy the CDC only to return to Europe 6-8 weeks later. 

We cancelled our Feb 2021 cruises before final payment.  You may want to consider doing the same.

I was just looking on the Celebrity website and it still shows Jan-April 2021 3, 4 & 5 day cruises from Miami and the April 24 TA from Miami to Rome. However there is no TA to the US from Europe prior to the Jan 2021 sailings. I would not be betting any money or final payments that any of the US Infinity cruises will happen in the US early next year. With the CDC restrictions on more than 8 night cruises departing from US ports, I do not see how the TA will happen at this point. In Dec. 2021 the Infinity will also do a TA from Lisbon to Rio in South America.

41 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

We cancelled our June '21 Italy cruise....covid related....but when I asked our CVP re the likelihood of it happening, I seemed to get the message the Infinity was in Europe and staying there....FWIW.

That is the same information I received that the Infinity will be in Europe all next year until December when she leaves for South American cruises.

12 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

That is the same information I received that the Infinity will be in Europe all next year until December when she leaves for South American cruises.

I didn't want to take a chance on covid cancelling....and that was before the wave hit Italy again...so that June sailing might be affected if the ports can't open.

16 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I didn't want to take a chance on covid cancelling....and that was before the wave hit Italy again...so that June sailing might be affected if the ports can't open.

Final payment for our May 20, 2021 Infinity cruise from Venice is due in mid February so we are waiting to see what happens before then. I doubt we will sail if the vaccine is not available by then. At this point I would give our odds at 50/50.

7 minutes ago, journeymore said:

Last week I got a call from Celebrity trying to sell me air for my April 1 cruise. She assured me they will sail in January. (Yeah right)

Interesting as I got the call as well for an Aug 2021 cruise but I have a May 2021 booked as well, no mention of the earlier one?