CANCELLED: May 14th, 2021 Equinox 9-night

PinkSandGirl

Hi!  I am sure others are getting notifications as well but I just received a cancellation notice from my travel agent that Celebrity cancelled our 9-night on the Equinox on May 14th, 2021.  I know the CDC has the 7-night max on cruises until Nov '21 and Royal Caribbean announced a halt for selling but I had hope something would change and the cruise would still sail.    

We were offered a 125% FCC, a 100% refund or Lift & Shift to May 2022 - the decision has to be made by Dec 8th, 2020 as stated in the e-mail.

This sailing was to replace a cancelled May 2020 sailing.

Here we go again...

Edited by PinkSandGirl

1 minute ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Hi!  I am sure others are getting notifications as well but I just received a cancellation notice from my travel agent that Celebrity cancelled our 9-night on the Equinox on May 14th, 2021.  I know the CDC has the 7-night max on cruises until Nov '21 and Royal Caribbean announced a halt for selling but I had hope something would change and the cruise would still sail.    

We were offered a 125% FCC, a 100% refund or Lift & Shift to May 2022 - the decision has to be made by Dec 8th, 2020 as stated in the e-mail.

Royal Group (including Celebrity) has cancelled or modified over 1000 cruises thru November 1st.

24 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Royal Group (including Celebrity) has cancelled or modified over 1000 cruises thru November 1st.

We just made it (for now anyway)....Nov. 12/21 transfer to Silhouette from Edge.  Hope this vaccine comes through for all of us or this will most likely be changed also.

47 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

We received the same notice. Unfortunately as of right now there is nothing to L&S to. 

mac_tlc

Probably actually is.  Received email with Summit cruises through Fall of 2022.  Would expect the remainder of 2022 to be posted shortly.  For example the Greenland TA is simple moved back a year.  These changes and notifications should go out in the next week or two.  Patience as there are hundreds of thousands of passengers invol ed in the changes.  Add to that the "wonderful" Celebrity website and there probably will be lots of frustration for a while.

50 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Probably actually is.  Received email with Summit cruises through Fall of 2022.  Would expect the remainder of 2022 to be posted shortly.  For example the Greenland TA is simple moved back a year.  These changes and notifications should go out in the next week or two.  Patience as there are hundreds of thousands of passengers invol ed in the changes.  Add to that the "wonderful" Celebrity website and there probably will be lots of frustration for a while.

50 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

You could L&S in April 2022

I already looked into it. Web site says no applicable sailings. The Equinox schedule is only released through April 15, 2022. Four weeks prior to May 14 is April 16, 2022. Miss it by a day. 

Unless they release more 2022 dates , it’s not an option. Next week I’ll call and maybe plead my case. But, I’m getting tired of al the changes —— already have 3 cruises in the first three months of 2022. I’m seriously considering just getting my money back and wait until the dust all settles. 

mac_tlc

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

I already looked into it. Web site says no applicable sailings. The Equinox schedule is only released through April 15, 2022. Four weeks prior to May 14 is April 16, 2022. Miss it by a day. 

Unless they release more 2022 dates , it’s not an option. Next week I’ll call and maybe plead my case. But, I’m getting tired of al the changes —— already have 3 cruises in the first three months of 2022. I’m seriously considering just getting my money back and wait until the dust all settles. 

mac_tlc

My TA originally told me that my cruise on 5/2/2021 did not qualify for the L&S. Then she called Celebrity direct and was able to get Celebrity to allow our reservation L&S outside the 28 day window. 

13 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

My TA originally told me that my cruise on 5/2/2021 did not qualify for the L&S. Then she called Celebrity direct and was able to get Celebrity to allow our reservation L&S outside the 28 day window. 

Thank for the info! Hopefully if we decide to try L&S, they will be accommodating.

mac_tlc

On 11/25/2020 at 2:17 PM, PinkSandGirl said:

This sailing was to replace a cancelled May 2020 sailing.

Here we go again...

Just called Celebrity and will be getting a full refund for my deposit and will be getting a new Future Cruise Credit, as they had applied our previous FCC to this cruise.  Since nobody knows how long this pandemic will last, we decided to just wait it out and book something then.  Having to wear a mask anytime we’re out of the cabin and taking only X sponsored shore excursions wasn’t appealing to us.

We have (had) May 14 Equinox scheduled as well as May 2 for b2b. As of today, we have no notice of cancellations from X. I hope that X will post something for May 2022 in the Caribbean before Dec. 8( as mentioned in an above post) or give us further time to L and S. Guess I will contact my TA tomorrow for some sort of confirmation. We do have a b2b on Equinox scheduled for April 2022, but that was just supposed to be a place holder until I could get the May '22 schedule. Now I may have to settle for keeping those April b2b's. We like to to be gone in May as that is the worst of our tornado season in Oklahoma!

I booked direct and did not receive anything from Celebrity either.  No big deal, I called and was given the same options stated in the original post.  The representative advised new sailings would come out after Thanksgiving on Friday.  Obviously, this did not happen.  Maybe next week.  

I was looking forward to this sailing for the itinerary and the great price I snagged.  I ended up switching to a 7N on the Equinox, which cost more than my 9N cruise, oh well.  

On 11/25/2020 at 4:23 PM, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

We have decided to get our money back for the May 14 cruise, which right now is only the deposit.  The dust is going to settle a whole lot before we book something.  

Also on this cruise and have yet to get cancellation from my TA and its still showing active in my Celebrity account. 

I'm still holding out hope for new cruise options in May 2022 on the Equinox and then Lift & Shift to that as I'm sure those cruises are going to be very pricey.

If I have to decide by December 8th, if no new cruises show up for May 2022 I will take the refund.  That FCC is gonna be a trap for a more expensive cruise with the new pricing.  

Edited by kdawg954

8 minutes ago, GeorgeX999 said:

Sorry, I have it backwards.  Tied to L&S to a 15 Apr 2022 9N ABC Cruise which is 1 day outside the 4 week window from the cancelled 14 May 2021 Cruise.

That is the cruise I want to lift and shift to. But they said it was not eligible.

I would take them up on the FCC offer but I already have a FCC for another cruise. They say you cannot combine them. I am only interested in booking one cruise for 2022.

I would certainly do the L&S to April 2022 if I could.

I was going to call Celebrity to see if they would allow an L&S to the April 15th, 2022 Equinox, but I said the h*&$ with it and just requested a refund of the $900 deposit. The longer these cancellations and restricted/reduced capacity sailings go on, the more skiddish I get with loaning them money. 

'

With the prices I am seeing for 2022 so far, that extra 25% FCC isn't going to make the cruises enough of a value anyway. I have two Jan 2022 X cruises booked but those were done pre-Covid and the prices are reasonable.

I may covert some FCC;s I have on Royal to cash, although their prices are not as exorbitant as X's. 

mac_tlc

Celebrity’s post-COVID prices and playing games with FCC and L&S has me rethinking about LOYALTY.  There are other options available for nice vacations without playing the game of their pricing schemes and nice sounding PR. Time to “jump ship”.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2020 at 3:54 PM, 39august said:

We have (had) May 14 Equinox scheduled as well as May 2 for b2b. As of today, we have no notice of cancellations from X. I hope that X will post something for May 2022 in the Caribbean before Dec. 8( as mentioned in an above post) or give us further time to L and S. Guess I will contact my TA tomorrow for some sort of confirmation. We do have a b2b on Equinox scheduled for April 2022, but that was just supposed to be a place holder until I could get the May '22 schedule. Now I may have to settle for keeping those April b2b's. We like to to be gone in May as that is the worst of our tornado season in Oklahoma!

Could be worse. Love brb

Still haven't received a cancellation for this cruise and it is still in my account.

Just gonna be patient here as the optimistic part of me hopes they extend Lift and Shift further down the line and when the Caribbean cruises for 2022 open up (hopefully next week) I will have an option.  Not likely to happen but who knows.

If they pull some slick stuff like force me to take a FCC or something, then they won't catch me on their ships again once the FCC is used.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday, I received a cruise credit for I believe a shore excursion and a upgraded dining plan. I haven't received a notice that the cruise has been cancelled or a credit or refund for the full fare. I went to the Celebrity sight and sure enough, my booking is missing. 

Looks like they are gradually processing the refunds on this one as we have just received an FCC. I got the cancellation email from Celebrity in early December with the option of 125% FCC or a refund as we’d only paid the deposit at that point, sadly this cruise wasn’t eligible for L&S as there were no 2022 cruises released back then which met the strict criteria.