Disappointing Princess

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It was an offer that came out a few weeks ago to all Captain's Circle members. It only applies to selected cruises though. If you log in and do a dummy booking you'll see the Plus fare is equal to the basic fare, so you get the drinks package and WiFi free. I refared my booking a week or so ago and saved over $200pp on a six night cruise.

Thanks for explanation

31 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It was an offer that came out a few weeks ago to all Captain's Circle members. It only applies to selected cruises though. If you log in and do a dummy booking you'll see the Plus fare is equal to the basic fare, so you get the drinks package and WiFi free. I refared my booking a week or so ago and saved over $200pp on a six night cruise.

It didn't apply to solo bookings though.  I think it was only a few hundred extra if I wanted it.  I'm a coffee drinker so didn't worry but a great saving if you want drinks.  It applies to NZ cruises but not Nth Qld or Pacific Islands from Melb.

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

I couldn't see this offer. Where should I look?

It came out in an email a few weeks ago.

Check the 6 night Tassie cruise from Sydney in October as I know it shows on that one. You only see the pricing when you are logged in and making a booking - when it shows the two prices so you can choose whether you want the Plus fare or not you'll see the two fares are the same. 

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It came out in an email a few weeks ago.

Check the 6 night Tassie cruise from Sydney in October as I know it shows on that one. You only see the pricing when you are logged in and making a booking - when it shows the two prices so you can choose whether you want the Plus fare or not you'll see the two fares are the same. 

So the deal was only on a limited number of cruises? We are in Brisbane, so the saving on a deal like this would be more than 'eaten up' by the cost of airfares and transfers.

We are not heavy drinkers so we go for the cheaper option of fares, but if unlimited drinks were available, I would probably have another one ...... or two ......😁

10 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

So the deal was only on a limited number of cruises? We are in Brisbane, so the saving on a deal like this would be more than 'eaten up' by the cost of airfares and transfers.

We are not heavy drinkers so we go for the cheaper option of fares, but if unlimited drinks were available, I would probably have another one ...... or two ......😁

Yes, I still have the email and there are some cruises out of Brisbane - two on Coral to NZ 11 Nov and 6 Dec, and PNG on Coral 25 Nov.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, I still have the email and there are some cruises out of Brisbane - two on Coral to NZ 11 Nov and 6 Dec, and PNG on Coral 25 Nov.

Thanks for the information. We booked 1st November to Tasmania and will probably stick with that one.

Edited by Aus Traveller

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Thanks for the information. We booked 1st November to Tasmania and will probably stick with that one.

If bookings are light on that cruise keep checking the fares as there might be some more sales over the next few months.

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Are you sure it wasn't for Elites only? I'm Platinum and when logged in I can't see it on any of those cruises, just the usual prices. 😪

2 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Are you sure it wasn't for Elites only? I'm Platinum and when logged in I can't see it on any of those cruises, just the usual prices. 😪

I agree SinbadThePorter, it didn't work for this Platinum either. I booked the Coral 25th Nov Brisbane to NG cruise this morning and it certainly came up as two different prices as does the Tasmanian cruise just now.

Leigh

4 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

It just said "Exclusive Deals for our Valued Guests". Nothing about Elites only.

It only applies to Balcony cabins and above.

I just booked a Balcony cabin on Royal Princess November 2021 (at the same price as an inside)  but I did not book an inside and get upgraded I actually chose gty Balcony at the start.  I used a FCL for our deposits  and note today that the obc on my accounts is only the $25 pp we would have got for an inside not the $50 for a Balcony.   Once again I have to battle!!!!   grrrrr

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It just said "Exclusive Deals for our Valued Guests". Nothing about Elites only.

Is it possible the email only went to Elite guests? I probably got the email, but we have a few cruises booked already.

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Perhaps SinbadThePorter and I aren't valued clients Julie. I don't recall getting the email. I'll look back through my deleted emails to check.

Leigh

6 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Perhaps SinbadThePorter and I aren't valued clients Julie. I don't recall getting the email. I'll look back through my deleted emails to check.

Leigh

That would be very silly of them!

The email was dated 6th November, with this subject line "Exclusive offer for our past guests - free upgrade to PrincessPlus fare on select cruises!"

7 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Leigh

I just checked back and I didn't receive the email.

Leigh

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That would be very silly of them!

The email was dated 6th November, with this subject line "Exclusive offer for our past guests - free upgrade to PrincessPlus fare on select cruises!"

The email I received on Novemebr 6th Julie was headed 'Exclusive offer for our past guests - save up to 35% off select cruises'.

Leigh

Just now, possum52 said:

The email I received on Novemebr 6th Julie was headed 'Exclusive offer for our past guests - save up to 35% off select cruises'.

Leigh

Interesting! So different offers for different Captain's Circle levels?

4 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Leigh

My email also had the subject "Exclusive offer for our past guests - save up to 35% off select cruises". We have been on the Elite level for many years so that is not the reason some people got one offer and other people got a different one.

'Tis a puzzle.

Edited by Aus Traveller

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

My email also had the subject "Exclusive offer for our past guests - save up to 35% off select cruises". We have been on the Elite level for many years so that is not the reason some people got one offer and other people got a different one.

'Tis a puzzle.

It really doesn't make much sense does it Aus Traveller? We are not big drinkers, a pre dinner drink and perhaps a wine at dinner and maybe a post dinner drink before we return to our cabin.

Leigh

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

'Tis a puzzle.

Mine came via a cruise planner who keeps pestering me but whom I never use.

She's based in the US and the one time I tried to phone her it was a public holiday there so no access. That's no use to me. If someone wants to be a cruise planner for an Australian guest then they need to be prepared to operate in Australian time even if it is a US public holiday.

Just now, possum52 said:

It really doesn't make much sense does it Aus Traveller? We are not big drinkers, a pre dinner drink and perhaps a wine at dinner and maybe a post dinner drink before we return to our cabin.

Leigh

We are also not big drinkers. We usually have a glass or so of wine with dinner, but I suppose if we had a drinks package, we might have an extra drink or two, but that wold be it.