Will Grandeur ever sail from Baltimore again?

djjoe

Before I get flamed, we love Grandeur, sailed her many times and met great people and crew over the years. We were on the last cruise on March 7, before Royal ceased world operations on March 14. I just checked online and  the only cruise that is listed is January 2, 2021, a 7 nighter. That chances of that happening are slim to none. As we all know nothing above 7 nights is listed until next November on any ship . When Royal begins operations again, they want "smart" ships that passengers can no everything using the app on their phone. They also want advanced HVAC systems. And of course larger public areas for social distancing. These requirements alone exclude older ships like Grandeur. This might be speculation on my part, but I think her days are done.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, djjoe said:

Before I get flamed, we love Grandeur, sailed her many times and met great people and crew over the years. We were on the last cruise on March 7, before Royal ceased world operations on March 14. I just checked online and  the only cruise that is listed is January 2, 2021, a 7 nighter. That chances of that happening are slim to none. As we all know nothing above 7 nights is listed until next November on any ship . When Royal begins operations again, they want "smart" ships that passengers can no everything using the app on their phone. They also want advanced HVAC systems. And of course larger public areas for social distancing. These requirements alone exclude older ships like Grandeur. This might be speculation on my part, but I think her days are done.

There's a pretty extensive thread on this already.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, djjoe said:

Love the GR too!  I think the GR is gone from Baltimore. Hopefully the EN will replace her. Maybe spring or early   summer.

Right now my wife and I are eating at Izumi on the Grandeur.  We will be spending some time at the R Bar and then catch the show, 

We plan to sleep in tomorrow as we have a  big day celebrating her 50th birthday ahead of us. 

With 5 ports in 5 days after that we will need the three sea days that follow.

Tom & Donna

• Haha 1

We are booked on the Jan 2, 2021.  We also expect that it wall not sail, but so far, noword from Royal.  They may mt trying to squeeze a few more deposits before the long refund delay.  I booked a Nov. cruise over the weekend, my payment showed up on my cc instantly.  Our December cancelled cruise refund is at ~40 days due.  We also love the GotS.  It was our first Royal cruise and has been annual cruise for 5 years.

11 hours ago, PigsCanFly said:

Our December cancelled cruise refund is at ~40 days due. 

You might want to follow up.  I've had a few refunds turn into FCC after my TA specifically requested refund.  In once case last month they chartered the ship then claimed I cancelled my cruise so I wasn't eligible for a refund.  My TA had to get that escalated and now I am supposedly due a refund.  I'll believe it when the money appears on my card.  In another case the covertly converted a refundable booking to NRD and refused to refund it but issued FCC instead.

They are trying all sorts of tricks to avoid processing refunds.  Might be time to engage your credit card company and file a dispute.

We've cruised on GR 7 times and also love her.  But, just because RCI ended up getting her back, it wasn't in their plans to sail her again.  She came back through an unforseen/unplanned event.  It's not like RCI changed their mind.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 10:43 AM, twangster said:

You might want to follow up.  I've had a few refunds turn into FCC after my TA specifically requested refund.  In once case last month they chartered the ship then claimed I cancelled my cruise so I wasn't eligible for a refund.  My TA had to get that escalated and now I am supposedly due a refund.  I'll believe it when the money appears on my card.  In another case the covertly converted a refundable booking to NRD and refused to refund it but issued FCC instead.

They are trying all sorts of tricks to avoid processing refunds.  Might be time to engage your credit card company and file a dispute.

My refund for the December cruise showed up yesterday.  I put in my request for the January Grandeur refund today now that has been cancelled.  Rcl promised 30-45 days for that refund.  Hope it comes before our March cruise is cancelled.  (I am beginning to become skeptical about ever reaching Diamond +, We would have made it on each of the past 8 cancelled cruises).  Oh well.

• Like 1