MSC Cancels Feb. 2021 US sailing

dolphin1313

1 hour ago, dolphin1313 said:

I just saw it listed on MSC's website also.  Here's the link (just click on the ship):

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise-itinerary-changes-and-cancellations

When I looked at the link it says that if your FCC has already been issued you can request a refund if you prefer by December 15th. Does that apply to earlier sailings as well? Ours would have been in April. We got the FCC but I doubt we will be able to use it by Dec 31, 2021. 

1 hour ago, CruisingMom77 said:

When I looked at the link it says that if your FCC has already been issued you can request a refund if you prefer by December 15th. Does that apply to earlier sailings as well? Ours would have been in April. We got the FCC but I doubt we will be able to use it by Dec 31, 2021. 

I would ask your TA or call MSC to find out.   If I was to take a guess, it's referring to the cruises cancelled with the specified dates (Sept. 16 and after).  But I could be wrong.  So it doesn't hurt to call and ask.

18 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

They are getting better- only one day behind the big 3.

Not here in the UK as usual we are kept in the dark there has been no updates on this here not on the MSC website and travel agents have not been informed either , as far as we are told and our bookings still state the cruises are going ahead

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, glittergal1 said:

Not here in the UK as usual we are kept in the dark there has been no updates on this here not on the MSC website and travel agents have not been informed either , as far as we are told and our bookings still state the cruises are going ahead

Oh no..... that is terrible. I suspect you can't start the cancellation process until MSC admits they have cancelled. I'm sorry you are put in this position. I hope they return your money promptly.

Oddly MSC is still allowing booking of these newly cancelled US cruises.  Usually you get a booking error a couple days before the official announcement but this time you can still go right up to entering the credit card info.

It would also be nice if MSC US finally updated all the other ships which dates still only show cancellations through October 31st.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Oh no..... that is terrible. I suspect you can't start the cancellation process until MSC admits they have cancelled. I'm sorry you are put in this position. I hope they return your money promptly.

No we cant start the process and we are already waiting for 2 other cancelled cruise refunds its almost 5 months now and no refund  , im not even sure where they are actually upto month wise in the ones they have refunded so far . We know we will get it eventually its just a very long wait