Caribbean Princess and Sky October 2021

Whimsy

Princess has canceled cruises, swapped ships but the Caribbean Princess and the Sky Princess has a huge gap of weeks with no sailings. Does anyone have any inside info of what they are doing? If you just search on the website by ship they both have nothing for October, Sky has nothing for September. They canceled our 8 day on Caribbean Princess on November 12 and now it has nothing at all on the calendar. I can't seem to find any answers. 

1 hour ago, Whimsy said:

Princess has canceled cruises, swapped ships but the Caribbean Princess and the Sky Princess has a huge gap of weeks with no sailings. Does anyone have any inside info of what they are doing? If you just search on the website by ship they both have nothing for October, Sky has nothing for September. They canceled our 8 day on Caribbean Princess on November 12 and now it has nothing at all on the calendar. I can't seem to find any answers. 

The Sky is in Southampton in September. The 1st part is a round the UK. That is followed by a 25 day round trip Southampton which goes to Canada / NE...not sure what will happen to the US ports on that cruise. It's on the Princess website if you pick Sky and Aug/Sept/Oct.

10 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

The Sky is in Southampton in September. The 1st part is a round the UK. That is followed by a 25 day round trip Southampton which goes to Canada / NE...not sure what will happen to the US ports on that cruise. It's on the Princess website if you pick Sky and Aug/Sept/Oct.

oops... I see now I had the wrong year...sorry...

15 hours ago, Whimsy said:

The reason that there is currently nothing on the website might partly be because Princess must first transfer current cabin bookings from the Sky to the Caribbean.  This includes figuring out what to do with cabin categories from the Sky that do not exist on the Caribbean.  We have been told that we probably will hear about a cabin assignment for our October 16 cruise in mid-December.  We are booked into an obstructed view balcony which does not exist on the Caribbean.  Our cabin number on the Sky is an obstructed oceanview on the Caribbean.

The Caribbean is due to leave NY to Fort Lauderdale on a repositioning cruise on November 6.

4 hours ago, Desert Cruisers said:

The reason that there is currently nothing on the website might partly be because Princess must first transfer current cabin bookings from the Sky to the Caribbean.  This includes figuring out what to do with cabin categories from the Sky that do not exist on the Caribbean.  We have been told that we probably will hear about a cabin assignment for our October 16 cruise in mid-December.  We are booked into an obstructed view balcony which does not exist on the Caribbean.  Our cabin number on the Sky is an obstructed oceanview on the Caribbean.

The Caribbean is due to leave NY to Fort Lauderdale on a repositioning cruise on November 6.

To clarify, you still currently have an October 16 booking on the Sky/Caribbean Princess? Now THAT at least makes some sense, if they were swapping around rooms. It's dumbfounding no one at Princess can offer that information if that is the case. 

We are booked on 16 Oct 2021 cruise.  We received email from Princess letting us know the trip would be going on Caribbean instead of Sky;  if we stay on current booking they would give each person $50 OBC for the inconvenience.  When I logged into my account today it shows Caribbean Princess as the ship with same itinerary;  it also says cabin to be assigned S7.  So we are good to go; plus the cost to sail CB verses Sky is cheaper.  Plus my travel agent said he spoke with Princess and they are still moving ships and cabins around;  so he said my cabin would be assigned in about two weeks.  No big deal since we don't sail until Oct 2021

Edited by AF-1

We were on the Sky Princess Oct 2, 2021 sailing in a Window Suite, but we were switched to the Caribbean to the smallest Window Suite F301. The fare increased $2000 for 3 people. We cancelled and booked an Alaska cruise on the Majestic in a suite with balcony for less than the Caribbean. 

• Like 1

I suspect mine will go down also but certainly wouldn’t expect it to go up since they said it was price protected. I still am waiting to hear what the price will be but we most likely will cancel since we really wanted to go on the Sky. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AF-1 said:

candide333;  so your cruise is that much more after the switch?  Mine went down

I had my agent double check the price and she was told by Princess that the cruise was refared at the current rate. I didn’t want that cabin anyway, so I cancelled. The Caribbean cruises for October are not posted, so I could only compare with those for September and they are cheaper than the Sky. Maybe the price was so much more because there are so few Window Suites. 

Edited by candide333

1 hour ago, candide333 said:

I had my agent double check the price and she was told by Princess that the cruise was refared at the current rate. I didn’t want that cabin anyway, so I cancelled. The Caribbean cruises for October are not posted, so I could only compare with those for September and they are cheaper than the Sky. Maybe the price was so much more because there are so few Window Suites. 

If Princess cancelled the first cruise and switched you to the new cruise, you should not have had to pay a penny more.

Only if you had requested the new cruise should have there been a fare increase.

Well, I rebooked the Window Suite on the Caribbean Princess, but won’t know the fare until 12/9  when the fares will be posted, but it won’t be the $9000 I was originally quoted. Noe unfortunately,  I can’t make  my air arrangements because the site is down. Maybe, they will be released on the 9th. 

candide333, I think the Princess website was undergoing all the updates to accommodate the ships being repositioned.  That is why you could not book air.  My travel agent told me I should have my cabin assigned by 14 December. 

4 hours ago, candide333 said:

Well, I rebooked the Window Suite on the Caribbean Princess, but won’t know the fare until 12/9  when the fares will be posted, but it won’t be the $9000 I was originally quoted. Noe unfortunately,  I can’t make  my air arrangements because the site is down. Maybe, they will be released on the 9th. 

On another thread someone posted you can call Princess and the rep can see the Princess Air information and thus help you make the air reservations.

I was able to book my air, but it won’t be until 12/28 that  I will know the amount of the cruise fare. The same itinerary, same ship sailing the  week before is showing $6000 + for three and my booking is $9000+, same window suite. My fare on the Sky was $7000+ and the window suite was about 250 feet larger and 2 rooms. Naturally, I will cancel again if the fare remains $9000+.

candide333;  my travel agent is trying to nail down the pricing.  Our booking # changed; so he had to go into Princess website to find out the pricing.  I just spoke with him last night.  Will let you know when I find out.  I do know that all three cruises in Sep 2021 are way cheaper than our Sky cruise;  so would imagine the Oct 16th would be same as Sep.    Cheers