B2B Cruises

memoak

Just being curious here  Has anyone who has booked B2B cruises for 2021 been contacted 

by Princess to rebook?  I have B2B Alaska cruises in August / September and my PVP told me they are still a go for now. 

Wondering the very same thing. Have an April/May2021 B2B out of Fort Lauderdale. Been anticipating getting something from Princess telling me to pick one or the other but not both.

Thus far I've received nothing. Still awaiting what I tend to think will be the inevitable. 

45 minutes ago, Schonert said:

Mine was cancelled by Princess.

What dates were the cruises?  We’re the 7 day cruises ?

I’m wondering if they are waiting on cruises that a later to see if the CDC guidance changes after the vaccines are rolled out

Princess has not explain how the CDC rules limiting cruises to 7 night thru next October. So far they have canceled cruises that are booked a one cruise of more than 7 nights. The have not canceled a b2b where each leg is 7 nights. 

On 12/5/2020 at 5:09 AM, memoak said:

Just being curious here  Has anyone who has booked B2B cruises for 2021 been contacted 

by Princess to rebook?  I have B2B Alaska cruises in August / September and my PVP told me they are still a go for now. 

Our b2b was cancelled but was contacted by our PVP to book onto another. We decided not to and will wait for 2022, just don’t have the confidence it won’t get cancelled. Need to plan leave from work and would rather just wait and do something local in Australia.

Don't read too much into those saying their B2Bs were canceled by Princess without elaborating.

They weren't necessarily singled out and canceled because they were B2Bs but were simply part of an at-large cancellation. I could simply state that our B2B on the Royal Princess was canceled but I'd also add it was not because it was a B2B, both cruises were canceled for everyone.

• Like 1

Our October 2021 B2B cruises from LA are currently still booked.

At a Thursday webinar with the Princess VP of Sales the question about B2B cruises was asked. He stated they’ve contacted the CDC for guidance about these types of cruises however they’re still waiting for an answer. I got the impression that it’s too early for the CDC to decide if B2B 7-day cruises could be affected.

As I recall from a CC article about turnaround days no one knows whether it could take one day or two days.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Our October 2021 B2B cruises from LA are currently still booked.

At a Thursday webinar with the Princess VP of Sales the question about B2B cruises was asked. He stated they’ve contacted the CDC for guidance about these types of cruises however they’re still waiting for an answer. I got the impression that it’s too early for the CDC to decide if B2B 7-day cruises could be affected.

Is there a link to see a replay of this webinar?

9 hours ago, caribill said:

Is there a link to see a replay of this webinar?

Here’s a link to their VP of Sales Facebook page where the video is available to view without signing in to a FB account. I’m using an iPad so it begins with  an “m” & if that’s an issue on your device delete the “m”. I attempted to locate a direct link to the webinar video but was unable to find one.

https://m.facebook.com/PrincessVPSales/

About the first 15 minutes on the nearly hour long webinar is mostly chitchat but there was more helpful information than in others recently. The question about B2B cruises is near the end of this webinar my TA shared with me.

A few other things new to me was that PVP for medevac is increasing by $25k & interruption coverage increases from 100% to 150% without any increase in cost; all ships will be MedallionClass but as you can see in this slide Pacific Princess isn’t listed. When asked about it’s status as I recall he basically said he had no status updates; current sailing dates for Enchanted (May 2021) & Discovery (November 2021) haven’t changed but are subject to pandemic related construction delays.

7A386856-F8C3-4380-B98C-6384C6640626.png

Edited by Astro Flyer

28 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Here’s a link to their VP of Sales Facebook page where the video is available to view without signing in to a FB account. I’m using an iPad so it begins with  an “m” & if that’s an issue on your device delete the “m”. I attempted to locate a direct link to the webinar video but was unable to find one.

https://m.facebook.com/PrincessVPSales/

Thanks. Worked from a desktop with the "m".

4 minutes ago, caribill said:

Thanks. Worked from a desktop with the "m".

You’re welcome & glad that it worked for you.

I took notes & screenshots of their slides to refresh my memory before posting information.

Edited by Astro Flyer

What I learned from the webinar:

a) Enchanted expected to be delivered in May, 2021 and will spend its inaugural season with Alaska itineraries.

b) Discovery expected to be delivered November, 2021.

c) Ship sponsored tours may be required when cruising resumes, but details still being worked out. Also considering approving some outside independent tours that agree to follow the same protocols as the Princess tours.

d) Looking at examining if the Platimum/Elite Internet benefit, which is currently worthless if booking with Princess +, can be modified to still have some value.

e) FCCs from the most recent pause will have an expiration date of December, 2022 unlike earlier pauses where the FCCs expire in May, 2022.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, caribill said:

What I learned from the webinar:

a) Enchanted expected to be delivered in May, 2021 and will spend its inaugural season with Alaska itineraries.

b) Discovery expected to be delivered November, 2021.

c) Ship sponsored tours may be required when cruising resumes, but details still being worked out. Also considering approving some outside independent tours that agree to follow the same protocols as the Princess tours.

d) Looking at examining if the Platimum/Elite Internet benefit, which is currently worthless if booking with Princess +, can be modified to still have some value.

e) FCCs from the most recent pause will have an expiration date of December, 2022 unlike earlier pauses where the FCCs expire in May, 2022.

Fantastic information, from a reliable poster. 

Thank you!!!