Thomas Keller Restaurant more than one time

bspill

not a complaint - just an observation - i'm curious how people feel about the side by side 2 top tables at TK - the encore has decent spacing/separation between the 2 tops so it's really isn't too bad - but to add capacity on ovation they have a bunch of tables that i think are uncomfortably close  - i understand the space issues - but you really aren't dining alone if they put you at those tables - you are almost touching your neighbors, you can't have a private conversation and the wait staff can't stand at the side of your table to directly speak to you or serve you - i don't mind meeting people - but when we do prefer to dine just the 2 of us - TK on ovation is not an option unfortunately.  agree or disagree?  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bspill said:

The TK restaurant is supposed to limit guests to dine there only once per cruise.  Is it possible to get reservations more than once?

You can only get a reservation once per week ahead of boarding.  We have always been able to get an extra reservation from the maitre d' while on board.  Usually on formal night because people change their minds about where to eat.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 4:55 PM, Seas_The_Day said:

not a complaint - just an observation - i'm curious how people feel about the side by side 2 top tables at TK - the encore has decent spacing/separation between the 2 tops so it's really isn't too bad - but to add capacity on ovation they have a bunch of tables that i think are uncomfortably close  - i understand the space issues - but you really aren't dining alone if they put you at those tables - you are almost touching your neighbors, you can't have a private conversation and the wait staff can't stand at the side of your table to directly speak to you or serve you - i don't mind meeting people - but when we do prefer to dine just the 2 of us - TK on ovation is not an option unfortunately.  agree or disagree?  

The seating in the TK is quite intimate and leads to lots of conversations among tables.  Great in normal times, but would not work in a Covid environment.  But then I don't think a Seabourn cruise would work in a Covid environment.  Waiting for a vaccine and a solution.

• 2 weeks later...

One quick tip is to book a table of 4 for each TK reservation rather than a table for two and you can share and "shared back." TK is nice on the smaller ship but he TK bar/restaurant on the Encore and Ovation is better. 

• 2 weeks later...