Covered balconies on the Enchanted Princess -

realent

Most of the balconies for mini's and other cabin cats. are 9'x4' and covered. There are some cabins with angled and extended balconies which are shown on the deck plans. A portion of these balconies will not be covered. Royal class ships do not have the wedding cake design of grand class ships.

Follow up question comments/question:

We generally have sailed on Princess Grand class ships, and usually get an MD/MB category mini-suite. Our last was a mini-suite on the Crown, which is not a Grand class, but the layout on deck 9 was similar. Our balcony was uncovered. Not a problem on that cruise; could have been if the weather had been bad.

I am looking to book either the Grand class Caribbean Princess or Royal class Sky Princess next winter. We prefer the smaller Grand class ship. Both mini-suite cabins are comparable in my opinion based on our needs; although the cabin and balcony square footage is slightly less on the Sky.  However, if the same class cabin on the Sky had a covered balcony I'd consider it.

Finally my question: On the decks having mini-suite cabins, which will be covered? Based on simply a photo it appears all balconies on the Sky Princess are covered since the ship is "slab sided".

Edited by PaperSniper4

2 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Finally my question: On the decks having mini-suite cabins, which will be covered? Based on simply a photo it appears all balconies on the Sky Princess are covered since the ship is "slab sided".

You are basically correct. Most cabins on the Sky will have covered balconies and most will be small 9' x 4', smaller than balconies on Grand and Crown class ships including the Caribbean.

18 hours ago, skynight said:

You are basically correct. Most cabins on the Sky will have covered balconies and most will be small 9' x 4', smaller than balconies on Grand and Crown class ships including the Caribbean.

Thanks for the confirmation. That is the my take also. I think we will stick with the smaller ship, the Caribbean Princess. A covered balcony would be nice, but I believe we'd prefer the slightly larger <uncovered> balcony and cabin. Besides, we're "used" to the cabin layout of the Caribbean Princess "style". Perhaps because our last cruise in November 2019 was so pleasant....before all this Chinese virus stuff came down on us!

Doug