For those who are booked, are you happy with the “mandatory” shore excursions?

sprinkles

2 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

We booked Princess shore excursions in Casablanca for Marrakech for a scheduled March 2022 T/A since the excursion showed 20 seats available implying 20 passengers on the full sized bus used for the tour.  Went back to the excursions several days later and it still showed 20 and I have a confirmed booking.  I'm thinking Princess might be playing games with us...  Not good.

That's the way it's been for at least several years now. I don't think Princess is implying 20 passengers on a full-size bus, rather you've inferred it and probably incorrectly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

We booked Princess shore excursions in Casablanca for Marrakech for a scheduled March 2022 T/A since the excursion showed 20 seats available implying 20 passengers on the full sized bus used for the tour.  Went back to the excursions several days later and it still showed 20 and I have a confirmed booking.  I'm thinking Princess might be playing games with us...  Not good.

Yes, this is the way it was in the past. They could also be running several buses ie: mini vans. Hard to know.  Atleast most excursions can be cancelled pre cruise for refund. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

That's the way it's been for at least several years now. I don't think Princess is implying 20 passengers on a full-size bus, rather you've inferred it and probably incorrectly.

Hi Beg, how are you?  We were on the 28 LA, Tahiti together in 2012.  I also agree with you.  It was always impossible to figure out just how many spaces were left for an excursion.

I have no doubt that excursions are the last thing on their minds right now.  EXCEPT, they are still letting people book and PAY for them.  Argghhh, I thought it was terrible when they started that practice.  NOW, they are just adding more work and chaos on top of what they are already experiencing.   Ok let’s just keep taking money for things that may/may not happen.  Good grief.

I used to sign off with Happy Sailing Everybody, I can’t say that right now , but I’ll wish everyone a Happy New Year (better then the new slogan of “here’s hoping 2021 doesn’t suck AS BAD as 2020).  

5 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

This is nothing new. Princess has always said 20 available until the actual number remaining becomes less than 20.

The number available does not tell how many busses will be used for touring. If 100 people book the excursion, they could be on 3 buses, 4 buses or 5 buses.

• Thanks 1