Viking Sky - Ancient Mediterranean Treasures Aug. 22 2021

Msgolferfhcc

We are on Ancient Adriatic Treasures leaving Venice April 18 to Istanbul.  I think this is a highly questionable trip at this time, although with the vaccine distribution and Viking Protocols, it might go.  We are awaiting the call from Viking before we do anything.

The bigger question is our pre-cruise stay in Venice.  I could see a scenario in which Viking says that if you are flying from US that you cannot do a pre-cruise stay meaning one has to go directly from the airport via Viking bus to the ship to maintain the bubble

On 12/10/2020 at 3:39 PM, PasadenaDave said:

We are on Ancient Adriatic Treasures leaving Venice April 18 to Istanbul.  I think this is a highly questionable trip at this time, although with the vaccine distribution and Viking Protocols, it might go.  We are awaiting the call from Viking before we do anything.

The bigger question is our pre-cruise stay in Venice.  I could see a scenario in which Viking says that if you are flying from US that you cannot do a pre-cruise stay meaning one has to go directly from the airport via Viking bus to the ship to maintain the bubble

Perhaps if you contact tellus@vikingcruises.com you can get some clarification about pre-cruise stays.

2 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Perhaps if you contact tellus@vikingcruises.com you can get some clarification about pre-cruise stays.

I have the same question about our three day two night pre-cruise extension in Bergen for the Sept 1 In the Wake of the Viking cruise.  I still see it in MVJ, and three of the four pre extensions are nearly sold out, so many people are waiting to hear about this, I imagine.  The other question I have along these lines is what about even the Viking excursions that say “after the tour you will have free time to...”.  I seriously doubt that will happen.  Maybe after enough people are vaccinated.  And my husband’s first Q was: “what, does that mean we can’t get off the ship and go have lunch and a beer?”  I guess not.  But if we can get our vaccinations, and I anticipate that will happen for us about March, we will try to go on this cruise!  I had planned on writing tellus after the first of the year and before final payment is due.

Maintaining the bubble, and safe distance may be a challenge for some extensions.

My wife and I opted for the Oslo extension, rail connection, and Bergen departure for the Trade Routes cruise in September, 2019. The in-Oslo portion involved buses, perhaps 50% filled. The train involved two conventional train cars appended to a regular train. One car was filled with Viking travelers, the other was 2/3 filled with Viking travelers.  I don't know if additional rail cars could be added.

Edited by Cienfuegos
clarity about the extension

On 12/11/2020 at 3:36 PM, SantaFe1 said:

I have the same question about our three day two night pre-cruise extension in Bergen for the Sept 1 In the Wake of the Viking cruise.  I still see it in MVJ, and three of the four pre extensions are nearly sold out, so many people are waiting to hear about this, I imagine.  The other question I have along these lines is what about even the Viking excursions that say “after the tour you will have free time to...”.  I seriously doubt that will happen.  Maybe after enough people are vaccinated.  And my husband’s first Q was: “what, does that mean we can’t get off the ship and go have lunch and a beer?”  I guess not.  But if we can get our vaccinations, and I anticipate that will happen for us about March, we will try to go on this cruise!  I had planned on writing tellus after the first of the year and before final payment is due.

Imagine not having a beer in Bamberg or Regensburg. Or ---------------------