NCL Pearl for 5 - Club Balcony Suite x2 or 2-Bed Family Suite x1?

KingHal

Which would you choose? The 2-Bed Family Suite is $1,300 more for our 7-night cruise. Would you upgrade for this or are the two Club Balcony Suites better (the “kids” are 21, 19 & 16)?

We are NCL first timers. I’d like Haven but that will be in the hands of the bid gods as I can’t justify the price currently. 

I am looking forward to the advice on offer from the experienced NCL cruisers here. 😀

while i would normally recommend the 2 bedroom, or any cabin in the haven, based on the ages of your children, the 2nd bedroom is small, and although it will hold 2, your 3rd child will probably need to sleep on the pull out sofa in the living room.

although you wont get the goodies associated with the haven complex, i think you'll all be more comfortable in booking 2 club suites. 

• Thanks 1

I agree with complawyer, I'd go with the 2 Club balcony suites rather than the 2BR suite. The Club balconies on the Pearl (jewel class ship) are a larger than on the NCL mega ships so you'll have more space. If you can get 2 that are close it'll be really handy. There are even some that are connecting. 

I'd wait to do a suite (S or H category on the Jewel class ships) until it's just the 2 of you. 

Enjoy

• Thanks 1

You might also consider an Owners Suite (decks 9 and 10 fwd) they are larger than the 2br suites and can sleep 4 and when combined with an ajoining balcony room can easily handle your family. The 2br suites have great sleeping for 2 adults in the main bedroom with a sofa bed in the main room and another sofa bed and bunk in the second bedroom. We had three adults in one and it was just fine - my MIL had the second bedroom and left the sofa bed in the bed position and really enjoyed her own bathroom. My wife and I had the main bedroom and we were able to share the main living area without having to worry about making up the sofa bed. Also all of the 2br suites have a Club Suite ajoining if you really think you need more space. Alot of your decisions should be based on your cruising style. If you spend lots of time in the cabin then you will probaby want more space - if you do not spend much time in the cabin you can easily go with just standard balcony cabins (the Club Suites are not that much bigger) and with a 21yr old they can be in a room on thier own - NCL has a rule about requiring a 21+ yr old as the responsible (primary) person in a cabin. We also did an inside cabin combined with a balcony when our kids cruised with us.

• Like 1

That second bedroom in the 2 bdr suite is going to be too small for 3 older teens.    I don't even know that the lower bed is even a real  double bed!   I think its more like a super single!

I agree that the suite with the family room would be so nice but the sleeping arrangement with 3 young adults would not be good.    The bathroom situation would be fine, it would just be the sleeping.   Google this cabin and then click video, you'll get a better idea of the set up.

Edited by Vyhanek