Will prices go up for new bookings on Jan 1?

edgee

We are considering both a Regent and also an Oceania Med/Greek Island  cruise for 2022. Regent has prominent notice on their website that prices for all of their cruises will go up Jan 1. To anyone's knowledge has Oceania made the same declaration? I do not see it in their advertising or on their website, as I have with Regent. Welcome any thoughts. Thank you. 

IME

in the past  they have announcements   saying prices will go up after  XXX date  then after that date comes  it rarely goes up

maybe a few sailing will increase   but just wait another sale will come along

Things  may change be different  for future cruises  with Covid & the loss of income by the line

it is another one of those questions that no one can answer  with certainly

JMO

Ed you can borrow my  Crystal Ball on Apple iOS 14.2

7 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

IME

in the past  they have announcements   saying prices will go up after  XXX date  then after that date comes  it rarely goes up

maybe a few sailing will increase   but just wait another sale will come along

Things  may change be different  for future cruises  with Covid & the loss of income by the line

it is another one of those questions that no one can answer  with certainly

JMO

Ed you can borrow my  Crystal Ball on Apple iOS 14.2

Thanks. It is rather pretty! Is it accurate?  Or, I could go ahead and book next week..then no worries🤤

7 minutes ago, edgee said:

Thanks. It is rather pretty! Is it accurate?  Or, I could go ahead and book next week..then no worries🤤

If your booked cabin category is still available priorvto final payment due, you can always rebook for a better price. Remember though that a rebooking comes with whatever are the O Life/air perks/credits current at the time you rebook.

10 hours ago, edgee said:

If the cruise lines survive this pandemic  & are going to sail less than full   then cabins will be limited  & may book quickly (like the early years of Oceania )

I am of two minds 

1)book now to get a cabin

2) wait to see if/when they sail again

Only you can decide  your comfort level in the matter

Greeks Islands in the spring  sound wonderful  though 😉

We know that Oceania is selling cruises to the current reduced capacity levels. If by late 2021 either a large percentage of the local population is vaccinated and/or the cruise lines mandate vaccinations for all, then the capacity controls may be lifted. So here are your primary options for Spring of 22 pricing:

1. Somewhere between a third and half the ship will be released for sale and prices will be cut to fill those early cruises in 22, or;

2. Post pandemic conditions will release a drive of pent up demand for cruises and those cruises will sell out rather easy.

I don’t have a crystal ball.

On 12/13/2020 at 6:42 AM, LHT28 said:

If the cruise lines survive this pandemic  & are going to sail less than full   then cabins will be limited  & may book quickly (like the early years of Oceania )

I am of two minds 

1)book now to get a cabin

2) wait to see if/when they sail again

Only you can decide  your comfort level in the matter

Greeks Islands in the spring  sound wonderful  though 😉

In the beginning (not sure for how long) ships will be sailing at 50% that being said anything can change..

Jancruz1

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Twiga said:

My travel agent was told by Oceania last week that our totally waitlisted October 2021 cruise is 100% full.  No staterooms held back.  

Things could change  depending on when they start sailing again