Purchased PRINCESS CRUISES GUARANTEED REFUND Onboard Future Cruise Credit £150 during 2017 cruise - Still waiting for refund!

d2jlr

Purchased Princess Cruises Onboard Future Cruise Credit in 2017 for £75 x 2 = £150

We never used the credit which had a GUARANTEED REFUND if not used within 2 years!

Was NEVER refunded in 2019 because they said the credit card used was no longer valid! 

I pointed out they had ALL my details, home address, mobile and home phone number but they still did not refund or call me!

JAN 2020 I formally raised a complaint with Princess Cruises UK but they have continually REFUSED to repay the money.

Has anyone else had any similar issues with Princess for refund of GUARANTEED REFUND ONBOARD FUTURE CRUISE CREDITS?

Further does anyone know if covered under UK law as having difficulty who I claim against is it Princess UK (purchase was made at sea) or Carnival Cruises (owner of Princess Cruises) which is American headquartered!

ANY help would be welcomed!

I’m sure one of your compatriots will be able to chime in shortly on the UK specifics, but as I recall, when this sort of thing had happened in the past, a check gets mailed from the US...which can be problematic itself with overseas mail delivery, etc.  The envelope comes from a company called Bottomline, not Princess.

Your best option is to contact Princess in the US via email with the details and ask them when your check was mailed.  You can explain it was not received, and ask them to issue you another.  

As it is over £100 - assuming you purchased both together - then I'd fire it off to your credit card provider as a chargeback.  They will want a copy / web link to the t&c's for Princess FCC along with any other documentation you have but you should eventually get the cash back.

Regards the credit card, have you received a new credit card from your provider, i.e. replacement for lost or the old one expired?  If so you get a new card number, however Princess charging to the old number should get sorted out by the card provider to the new number so shouldn't cause an issue.

5 hours ago, jagoffee said:

If you have not already, I would suggest to check on line and see if the FCC is still in your account,  sorry, I do not know if this is different in the UK, but my FCC’s are shown in my account.  

Thank you for your reply....While not sure if still in account (do have originals of FCC's) do know that Princess confirmed that by email that money had not been refunded but then Covid struck and everything went slow ie took months to receive an answer each time but then they stopped replying altogether !

7 hours ago, adam7392 said:

As it is over £100 - assuming you purchased both together - then I'd fire it off to your credit card provider as a chargeback.  They will want a copy / web link to the t&c's for Princess FCC along with any other documentation you have but you should eventually get the cash back.

Regards the credit card, have you received a new credit card from your provider, i.e. replacement for lost or the old one expired?  If so you get a new card number, however Princess charging to the old number should get sorted out by the card provider to the new number so shouldn't cause an issue.

Thank you for your reply...unfortunately I kept changing credit cards and am not sure of the provider company ie Barclaycard or whatever or even if it was Mastercard or Visa!! Stupid I know but was chasing airline points with different alliances and credit cards with fee free usage overseas so partly my fault all I know is card ended 8000!! If had first part would be able to trace it down! Funny kept files on EVERYTHING for 50 YEARS until middle of 2019 when wife said WHY so got rid of it ALL!!!! Sods Law!

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

Send email to: customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Be polite and give all details.

Thank you for your reply.....Tried that and while initially responsive no further replies for 4 months... but will try again and will again try to remain polite but is wearing thin!

7 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

I’m sure one of your compatriots will be able to chime in shortly on the UK specifics, but as I recall, when this sort of thing had happened in the past, a check gets mailed from the US...which can be problematic itself with overseas mail delivery, etc.  The envelope comes from a company called Bottomline, not Princess.

Your best option is to contact Princess in the US via email with the details and ask them when your check was mailed.  You can explain it was not received, and ask them to issue you another.  

Thank you for your reply.... At least I now know it is not Princess but a subsidiary company which puts things a wee bit into perspective although not sure if that is same in UK as email appeared to be directly from Princess at first instance although have now stopped!  Will try contacting Princess in US. Thank You.

5 hours ago, d2jlr said:

Thank you for your reply....While not sure if still in account (do have originals of FCC's) do know that Princess confirmed that by email that money had not been refunded but then Covid struck and everything went slow ie took months to receive an answer each time but then they stopped replying altogether !

If you log into your on line Princess account, you should be able to see the FCC’s.  If they are still valid and listed on your account, at least you know that they are still good.  If they are not in your account and you did not receive a refund, it would be more of a concern. Some years ago I had some FCD that expired and I received a check and not a credit to my charge card.

Best of luck.

8 hours ago, d2jlr said:

Thank you for your reply.... At least I now know it is not Princess but a subsidiary company which puts things a wee bit into perspective although not sure if that is same in UK as email appeared to be directly from Princess at first instance although have now stopped!  Will try contacting Princess in US. Thank You.

a) Bottomline is not a subsidiary of Princess. It is just the company Princess contracts with to make these types of refunds by check.

b) Problem is still probably with Princess. They do first try to refund to the original form of payment. If the original credit card has been changed to a new number by the issuing bank, the bank can figure it out. If you no longer have that credit card at all, that is when Princess is supposed to tell Bottomline to send a check to you (at least in the USA).

Since your FCD is in £ and you live in the UK, I suggest pursuing the issue with Princess UK. Try to speak with someone and get their contact information so you can get the same person again if necessary.