Ji Ji Asian Kitchen Inquiry

gkthorn

We are going on the Panorama, cross our finger, on March 27, 2021.  We normally try to avoid the Cruise Elegant Nights.  We don't like to dress up, so usually on those days we hit the specialty dining.  

Inquiry on those who have partook of Ji Ji Asian Kitchen. 

Any suggestions on the menu?

Are they fish heavy on the menu?    This one I ask, for my wife is not a huge fan of fish dishes.

Are the patrons normally family or couples?

How is the service?

How is the quality of the food?

Anything input we would be grateful for.

Glenn

The service at both these specialty restaurants has always been outstanding. I would say both are also a mix of couples and families. At Ji Ji's, you fill out a certain amount of items on a paper. The pens rarely work...lol...the spare ribs are to die for. I know we always get fried rice and some kind of noodles.

Everything is delicious and huge servings to split. They have a crepe dessert that is filled with citrus ice cream. I wish I had one right now! For the price, you can't beat these two restaurants. 

• Like 1

I will be on that cruise and will be my second cruise on Panorama.  Didnt have the opportunity to do Ji Ji but we did do the Teppanyaki and have it booked again it was an awesome experience.  Maybe will try Ji Ji this go around.  You can also view the menu on the Carnival Website as well.

• Like 1

I don't have one full review on it. That's in the plans for next year but I need to eat there a couple more times before I can do it as good as I want it. For now if you scroll down to dinner time on these three blog entries, you'll get my JiJi's stuff.

https://saintgregtravel.com/vista-cozumel/

https://saintgregtravel.com/panorama-2nd-sea-day/

https://saintgregtravel.com/panorama-mazatlan/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kdr69 said:

I will be on that cruise and will be my second cruise on Panorama.  Didnt have the opportunity to do Ji Ji but we did do the Teppanyaki and have it booked again it was an awesome experience.  Maybe will try Ji Ji this go around.  You can also view the menu on the Carnival Website as well.

Oh, I will take a look on their website, thank you.

Hopefully they will still have the duck dinner entree.  I prefer JiJi's over the Cucina, but IMO, the Steakhouse is Carnival's best restaurant.

And as I mentioned in the OP's other restaurant question, usually whatever you choose to wear to a specialty dinner restaurant would be appropriate for Carnival's "elegant" MDR dining nights.

14 hours ago, evandbob said:

Hopefully they will still have the duck dinner entree.  I prefer JiJi's over the Cucina, but IMO, the Steakhouse is Carnival's best restaurant.

And as I mentioned in the OP's other restaurant question, usually whatever you choose to wear to a specialty dinner restaurant would be appropriate for Carnival's "elegant" MDR dining nights.

That duck is actually an appetizer. But it’s enough to be an entree. You have to come hungry if you want to eat that entire thing along with an entree and dessert.

On 12/23/2020 at 8:50 PM, Saint Greg said:

I don't have one full review on it. That's in the plans for next year but I need to eat there a couple more times before I can do it as good as I want it. For now if you scroll down to dinner time on these three blog entries, you'll get my JiJi's stuff.

https://saintgregtravel.com/vista-cozumel/

https://saintgregtravel.com/panorama-2nd-sea-day/

https://saintgregtravel.com/panorama-mazatlan/

Oh yummy! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try it.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2020 at 4:06 PM, gkthorn said:

We are going on the Panorama, cross our finger, on March 27, 2021.  We normally try to avoid the Cruise Elegant Nights.  We don't like to dress up, so usually on those days we hit the specialty dining.  

Inquiry on those who have partook of Ji Ji Asian Kitchen. 

Any suggestions on the menu?

Are they fish heavy on the menu?    This one I ask, for my wife is not a huge fan of fish dishes.

Are the patrons normally family or couples?

How is the service?

How is the quality of the food?

Anything input we would be grateful for.

Glenn

The dress code is the same in the speciality restaurants on elegant night, so not sure I understand your comment about going to them on elegant night. However, as you probably know already, Carnival rarely enforces their dress code in the MDR or speciality restaurants. 

Food is very subjective, but both my wife and I think JiJis is Carnival’s best restaurant for the money (the Steakhouse is a little better but it is also 2.5 times more expensive). We have been to JiJis 7-8 times on Horizon, Vista and Sunshine. The food was excellent every time no matter what we ordered, although there is a spicy chicken dish that is phenomenal that we order every time. The service in the speciality restaurants is always a notch above the MDR from our experience, and JiJis is no exception. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

The dress code is the same in the speciality restaurants on elegant night, so not sure I understand your comment about going to them on elegant night. However, as you probably know already, Carnival rarely enforces their dress code in the MDR or speciality restaurants. 

Food is very subjective, but both my wife and I think JiJis is Carnival’s best restaurant for the money (the Steakhouse is a little better but it is also 2.5 times more expensive). We have been to JiJis 7-8 times on Horizon, Vista and Sunshine. The food was excellent every time no matter what we ordered, although there is a spicy chicken dish that is phenomenal that we order every time. The service in the speciality restaurants is always a notch above the MDR from our experience, and JiJis is no exception. 

Thank you all.  This really helps in making our dining decisions.

11 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

We have been to JiJis 7-8 times on Horizon, Vista and Sunshine. The food was excellent every time no matter what we ordered, although there is a spicy chicken dish that is phenomenal that we order every time. The service in the speciality restaurants is always a notch above the MDR from our experience, and JiJis is no exception. 

Is that the Kung POW!?

Edited by Saint Greg

18 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

That’s it. I don’t think I would have recalled the name without your post. 

Ah yes. I had the Kung POW my first time there. It was good. I've pretty much liked everything I've had at JiJi's except for the wonton dessert. It was a little odd.

This was the kung pow with steamed rice.

FAAC26C2-493F-49E1-9E8F-27A632DC277B.thu

17 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Ah yes. I had the Kung POW my first time there. It was good. I've pretty much liked everything I've had at JiJi's except for the wonton dessert. It was a little odd.

This was the kung pow with steamed rice.

FAAC26C2-493F-49E1-9E8F-27A632DC277B.thu

You seem to be very knowledgeable so I was wondering if you could answer a quick question:  I just noticed that JiJi's is listed as a specialty restaurant on the Mardi Gras.  I don't see it in the planner.  Is this not a restaurant you can book ahead of time?  Do you have to wait until you board? Or did I see it wrong and it isn't on the Mardi Gras?  Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

11 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

You seem to be very knowledgeable so I was wondering if you could answer a quick question:  I just noticed that JiJi's is listed as a specialty restaurant on the Mardi Gras.  I don't see it in the planner.  Is this not a restaurant you can book ahead of time?  Do you have to wait until you board? Or did I see it wrong and it isn't on the Mardi Gras?  Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

I can tell you I booked JiJi’s ahead of time on Vista. Last year they started requiring prepayment for advance reservations so I didn’t try on Panorama for JiJis (though I did sneak in a first night Teppanyaki reservation without prepayment by emailing them). I was most concerned about Teppanyaki because there are so few seats. I had no problem booking a JiJi’s when I got on the ship. And second Teppanyaki and JiJi’s nights mid-cruise.

Looking at Mardi Gras my guess is they are only taking early reservations on the more expensive restaurants ($32-38pp). 

My recommendation would be to keep an eye on the planner. Maybe they’ll add JiJi’s closer to the cruise. If not I’d stop by or call them When you get on the ship if you know the nights you want to eat there.

21 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I can tell you I booked JiJi’s ahead of time on Vista. Last year they started requiring prepayment for advance reservations so I didn’t try on Panorama for JiJis (though I did sneak in a first night Teppanyaki reservation without prepayment by emailing them). I was most concerned about Teppanyaki because there are so few seats. I had no problem booking a JiJi’s when I got on the ship. And second Teppanyaki and JiJi’s nights mid-cruise.

Looking at Mardi Gras my guess is they are only taking early reservations on the more expensive restaurants ($32-38pp). 

My recommendation would be to keep an eye on the planner. Maybe they’ll add JiJi’s closer to the cruise. If not I’d stop by or call them When you get on the ship if you know the nights you want to eat there.

Thank you for the information.  I will keep checking the planner.  I am booking Teppanyaki for the third night- I am hoping formal night is on the second night.

4 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

Thank you for the information.  I will keep checking the planner.  I am booking Teppanyaki for the third night- I am hoping formal night is on the second night.

That’s a good plan. The second night should be the first formal and MDR lobster night. I usually don’t book speciality restaurants that night.

• Like 1