Best.Sale.Ever. Promotion-Math Question

Jadn13

21 hours ago, Barry H said:

If you book an inside cabin the cost of the cruise portion (cabin and food) is almost free.

My dad used to say to my mom that if we keep saving money like this ,we'll be broke in no time . 😁

• Haha 1

Here is a screen shot of the Sky Princess, 15 day Tropical Passage cruise on November 5, 2021.

While this is in Canadian dollars, it clearly shows there is no difference between the Best Price and the Best Value. This was only available if you logged in to your account on Princess. FYI we are elite.

image.thumb.png.f5cb11838ef6d1b376de16ab17160569.png

We thought that it was a mistake when we found it. Our travel agent was able to book it and we have all of the perks. We were even able to take advantage of a special air promotion that reduced the cost of air by $400 US each allowing us to upgrade to premium economy to the UK.

This seems like a great deal for 2 people, but, unless I'm missing something, there's a lot of wasted money if you're cruising with 3/4 in a cabin.  The terms/conditions indicate that the beverage package is only for 1/2, so 3/4 pay $40 per day to cover $15.50 in grats and $10 for the ability to use 3/4 devices on the wifi at the same time (which i suppose happens but i think its more likely that people would save the $ and take turns).  We're looking at a 12 day cruise for 2A/2K, so we'd be throwing about $350-600 down the drain.

4 hours ago, Barry H said:

Here is a screen shot of the Sky Princess, 15 day Tropical Passage cruise on November 5, 2021.

While this is in Canadian dollars, it clearly shows there is no difference between the Best Price and the Best Value. This was only available if you logged in to your account on Princess. FYI we are elite.

We thought that it was a mistake when we found it. Our travel agent was able to book it and we have all of the perks. We were even able to take advantage of a special air promotion that reduced the cost of air by $400 US each allowing us to upgrade to premium economy to the UK.

I priced it in CAD. $2600 for no perks vs $3400 for perks. 

occasionally I have found deals like this. Copied it & sent to my TA. 

lucky you!

On 2/2/2021 at 12:14 PM, Cauzneffct said:

This seems like a great deal for 2 people, but, unless I'm missing something, there's a lot of wasted money if you're cruising with 3/4 in a cabin.  The terms/conditions indicate that the beverage package is only for 1/2, so 3/4 pay $40 per day to cover $15.50 in grats and $10 for the ability to use 3/4 devices on the wifi at the same time (which i suppose happens but i think its more likely that people would save the $ and take turns).  We're looking at a 12 day cruise for 2A/2K, so we'd be throwing about $350-600 down the drain.

<deleted>

Edited by Steelers36

On 2/2/2021 at 11:46 AM, Barry H said:

It didn't show like that for me when I looked.  Must be a Canadia thing....😉