Costa internet site

gerryuk

3 hours ago, drsel said:

While the American Cruise lines have steadily increased their prices, Costa and MSC prices have either stagnated or fallen

Well MSC had to cancel cruises due to lack of demand. As both MSC and Costa are sailing now, it is no surprise they are keeping their fares reasonable, with restrictions in place, there is not the demand there.

Seems to me that American cruise lines are increasing prices as they have no cruises to sail. Better to get people to pay top dollar now and convert to FCC at a later date than have reasonable prices and convert at a later date when they cancel their cruises. 

Once all this is all over, expect all cruise lines to increase their fares considerably,  

How does Costa diadema compare with Costa pacifica and Costa smeralda?

Should I switch from Costa diadema to Costa smeralda (same price) or Costa pacifica ( £110 less) ?

All 3 are 7 nights and have the same departure port, similar dates and itineraries.

Edited by drsel

52 minutes ago, gerryuk said:

Well MSC had to cancel cruises due to lack of demand. As both MSC and Costa are sailing now, it is no surprise they are keeping their fares reasonable, with restrictions in place, there is not the demand there.

Once all this is all over, expect all cruise lines to increase their fares considerably,  

Both MSC and Costa Cruise fares are incredibly low for 2021 Cruises.

Also there is a good chance of Europe oopening up to vaccinated and/or covid-19 negative tourists from August or September 2021.

Edited by drsel

13 hours ago, drsel said:

How does Costa diadema compare with Costa pacifica and Costa smeralda?

Should I switch from Costa diadema to Costa smeralda (same price) or Costa pacifica ( £110 less) ?

All 3 are 7 nights and have the same departure port, similar dates and itineraries.

I can't speak for Smeralda but have been on a Pacifica type Costa Ship. I'd go for the Diadema.  Before I went on that one, I wondered if the neon decor would be "for me" - but it was ok and there was significantly more entertainment venues than in the smaller ship.  Highlights were a rock band who played each night in a specific bar just off the main atrium and loved the teppanaki restaurant.  

• Thanks 1

So my country of residence is going to open up to Cruise ships starting June 2021, got my first vaccine-shot, so am all positive for the future and booked my flights and pre-cruise hotels for my cruise in January 2022. Would be great if Costa would step up to the plate now and fix their internet site, that we can book excursions and enjoy again the planning of our booked cruises. This is all getting very depressing.

12 hours ago, BVILady said:

So my country of residence is going to open up to Cruise ships starting June 2021, got my first vaccine-shot, so am all positive for the future and booked my flights and pre-cruise hotels for my cruise in January 2022. Would be great if Costa would step up to the plate now and fix their internet site, that we can book excursions and enjoy again the planning of our booked cruises. This is all getting very depressing.

Personally i would not book any excursions, hotels and flights for a cruise, so far out, but that's just me. 

50 minutes ago, gerryuk said:

Personally i would not book any excursions, hotels and flights for a cruise, so far out, but that's just me. 

I did it on airline points, so it was a grab it now or not available any longer. Flying out on the 4th of January and reaching Venice on the 6th, usually I prefer to be there at least 3 days before embarkation, but there was nothing on points available before Jan. 4th. It is a long trip from where I live. So if Costa cancels now I will be very upset.

not exactly good news on Costa website this morning:

Responsible restart

The most recent development shows that the conditions for safe travel are not yet in place in all destinations in Europe. Therefore, we are unfortunately forced to extend the suspension of cruise activities for selected ships in the fleet for North American guests until the dates shown below.

We are hoping to resume with the following start dates:

SHIP

RESUMING

Costa Deliziosa

May 29, 2021.

Costa Diadema

June 04, 2021.

Costa Favolosa

June 06, 2021.

Costa Firenze

May 30, 2021.

Costa Fortuna 

June 05, 2021.

Costa Fascinosa

June 07, 2021.

Costa Luminosa

June 06, 2021.

Costa Magica

May 29, 2021.

Costa Pacifica

May 28, 2021.

Costa Smeralda

June 01, 2021.

Costa Toscana

December 26,2021.

We know that in order to be a truly memorable vacation, a cruise must first and foremost be a pleasant and relaxing experience; therefore, we have dedicated our utmost attention to the implementation of new procedures and protocols with the assistance from all levels including international, national and local governments and health officials. We will continue to follow relevant developments in the response to the COVID-19 situation, and if necessary, we will provide updates.

On 3/20/2021 at 4:27 PM, BVILady said:

I did it on airline points, so it was a grab it now or not available any longer. Flying out on the 4th of January and reaching Venice on the 6th, usually I prefer to be there at least 3 days before embarkation, but there was nothing on points available before Jan. 4th. It is a long trip from where I live. So if Costa cancels now I will be very upset

BVI lady, your Cruise should definitely be on.

I expect Europe to open up by September 2021

Edited by drsel
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, drsel said:

BVI lady, your Cruise should definitely be on.

I expect Europe to open up by September 2021

I am booked on a world cruise for January 2022 - with the news stating : 

"Sailings in Asia, Australia, New Zealand and South America are canceled for the 2020-2021 season.   and Pacific Islands closed their ports,"

my chances seem to be dwindling daily

so keep your fingers crossed for me.

On 3/23/2021 at 12:33 PM, BVILady said:

not exactly good news on Costa website this morning:

Responsible restart

The most recent development shows that the conditions for safe travel are not yet in place in all destinations in Europe. Therefore, we are unfortunately forced to extend the suspension of cruise activities for selected ships in the fleet for North American guests until the dates shown below.

We are hoping to resume with the following start dates:

SHIP

RESUMING

Costa Deliziosa

May 29, 2021.

Costa Diadema

June 04, 2021.

Costa Favolosa

June 06, 2021.

Costa Firenze

May 30, 2021.

Costa Fortuna 

June 05, 2021.

Costa Fascinosa

June 07, 2021.

Costa Luminosa

June 06, 2021.

Costa Magica

May 29, 2021.

Costa Pacifica

May 28, 2021.

Costa Smeralda

June 01, 2021.

Costa Toscana

December 26,2021.

We know that in order to be a truly memorable vacation, a cruise must first and foremost be a pleasant and relaxing experience; therefore, we have dedicated our utmost attention to the implementation of new procedures and protocols with the assistance from all levels including international, national and local governments and health officials. We will continue to follow relevant developments in the response to the COVID-19 situation, and if necessary, we will provide updates.

And let's be honest, there is no way that the whole fleet will start on those dates.  Prior to this announcement when Costa were going to start sailing at the end of March, it was only going to be the Smeralda and a few weeks later, the Luminosa.

Like all other re openings, it will start small with one or two ships for at least several months.  It's one of the reasons we went with the Luminosa as they seemed for our Oct cruise.

With the situation deteriorating in Italy over the past 2 months, it was only a matter to time before this announcement was made.  Checking over the weekend, their increase in cases seems to be levelling off, so hopefully the current lockdowns and slow but steady vaccine roll out is having some kind of effect. 

On 3/23/2021 at 8:33 PM, BVILady said:

"Sailings in Asia, Australia, New Zealand and South America are canceled for the 2020-2021 season.   and Pacific Islands closed their ports,"

On 3/23/2021 at 8:33 PM, BVILady said:

Are you considering moving it to Jan 2023 if you get the option?  Not even sure if they have announced their 2023 cruise.  I guess alternatively, you could look at MSC - similar costs etc.  and they have their 2023 world cruise for sale. 

3 hours ago, dritan said:

And let's be honest, there is no way that the whole fleet will start on those dates.  Prior to this announcement when Costa were going to start sailing at the end of March, it was only going to be the Smeralda and a few weeks later, the Luminosa.

Like all other re openings, it will start small with one or two ships for at least several months.  It's one of the reasons we went with the Luminosa as they seemed for our Oct cruise.

With the situation deteriorating in Italy over the past 2 months, it was only a matter to time before this announcement was made.  Checking over the weekend, their increase in cases seems to be levelling off, so hopefully the current lockdowns and slow but steady vaccine roll out is having some kind of effect. 

Are you considering moving it to Jan 2023 if you get the option?  Not even sure if they have announced their 2023 cruise.  I guess alternatively, you could look at MSC - similar costs etc.  and they have their 2023 world cruise for sale. 

I am already booked on the 2023 world-cruise. The itinerary Africa and South America is very interesting, and with the price being really reasonable I didn't mind going around South America a second time. So if they cancel the 2022 before they ask for full payment I should be okay with applying my deposit for the 2023 payment. Keeping my fingers crossed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dritan said:

I guess alternatively, you could look at MSC - similar costs etc.  and they have their 2023 world cruise for sale. 

3 hours ago, BVILady said:

I am already booked on the 2023 world-cruise.

I would definitely prefer MSC over Costa for any Cruise, including a world Cruise.

Check the MSC world Cruise prices.

Undoubtedly, both MSC and Costa have the most economical world Cruise fares.

MSC world cruises 2023 itinerary is not as attractive to me as Costa 2023 and more expensive for single. Both 2022 and 2023 MSC are similar to Costa 2022 itinerary. You obviously don't like Costa too much do you - lol 🙂 🙂 🙂

FYI, on the Costa UK site.....

Information regarding
recent IT security event

(Costa Cruises, March 19 2021)

On December 25, 2020, we detected unauthorized third-party access to portions of our information technology systems. We acted quickly to shut down the unauthorized access, restore operations, and prevent further unauthorized access. A major cybersecurity firm was engaged to investigate the matter and we notified law enforcement agencies and appropriate regulators of the event.

What Information Was Involved?

While the investigation is ongoing, there is evidence that an unauthorized third-party gained access to certain systems, some of which may contain personal data relating to some of our guests, employees, and crew. The information impacted could include data routinely collected in connection with the guest travel and booking process or through the course of employment. That information may generally include names, addresses, phone numbers, passport numbers, and dates of birth. In some very limited instances, additional personal data may have been impacted. The investigation into the specific data impacted is ongoing. At this time, there is no evidence of any misuse of personal data, and there is no evidence of personal online credentials being impacted as a result of this event.

What We Are Doing.

We are working to identify the guests, employees, crew and other individuals whose personal data has been impacted. We aim to complete this process within the next 60-90 days and will then begin sending notifications, as appropriate, to individuals whose current contact information is available to the company. Where available, individuals who are notified will be offered complimentary identity protection services.

Meanwhile, we have established an e-mail hotline to answer questions regarding the event informationdesk-int@costa.it.  

As part of our ongoing operations, we are reviewing security and privacy policies and procedures and implementing changes to enhance information security and data protection controls.

What You Can Do.

Although there is no evidence of misuse of your personal data, and there is no evidence of personal online credentials being impacted as a result of this event, it is always a good idea to remain vigilant against threats of identity theft. You can do this by regularly reviewing and monitoring your account statements for any signs of unauthorized transactions or activity.

It is also always a good idea to be alert for “phishing” emails by someone who acts like they know you and asks you to click on a link or requests sensitive information over email. Given the nature of the data breach, there are steps you can take to protect yourself, including:

Please note that, in connection with the above mentioned event, Costa Cruises will not contact you by telephone or by email to ask you for any personal information including your online credentials or any financial information such as credit cards numbers.

For More Information.

If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact us via email informationdesk-int@costa.it .

22 hours ago, BVILady said:

You obviously don't like Costa too much do you - lol 🙂 🙂 🙂

We have loved all the Cruises we have been on (including Costa), and we just can't wait to get on the next Cruise.

With Costa, I can only say that you get what you pay for.

Whereas with MSC, you get a lot more than what you pay for! 

Always 6 grand shows on every 7 night Cruise.

And their entertainment team treat you like a VIP,  if you participate in all the activities.

23 hours ago, BVILady said:

MSC world cruises 2023 itinerary is not as attractive to me as Costa 2023 and more expensive for single. Both 2022 and 2023 MSC are similar to Costa 2022 itinerary. You obviously don't like Costa too much do you - lol 🙂 🙂 🙂

I recommend that you take a close relative or a best friend with you on this world Cruise.

I do not recommend going alone on a long world Cruise for three reasons

1. no matter how young fit and healthy you are there is no one to look after you, in case God forbid, you have any accident injury or illness on such a long Cruise

2. You may experience some moments of loneliness and /or boredom.

Even if you make new friends, they may not be with you always throughout the cruise.

3. It's too expensive to book a single cabin especially on a world Cruise.

Edited by drsel

On 3/29/2021 at 7:49 PM, BVILady said:

Definitely Costa have the upper hand when looking at solo cruises and can see why you'd pick one over the other. 

On 3/14/2021 at 1:37 PM, drsel said:

While the American Cruise lines have steadily increased their prices, Costa and MSC prices have either stagnated or fallen

I don't know about the US dollar but 5 months ago the pound and the euro were almost on a par at 1 GBP gets you 1.10 Euro but the pound has improved steadily since then and 1 GBP gets you 1.17 Euro.

Don't know why the pounds is doing so well, considering the huge debt caused by Covid 19. It's all a bit of a puzzle. 🙃 

8 hours ago, Bertie Doe said:

I don't know about the US dollar but 5 months ago the pound and the euro were almost on a par at 1 GBP gets you 1.10 Euro but the pound has improved steadily since then and 1 GBP gets you 1.17 Euro.

Don't know why the pounds is doing so well, considering the huge debt caused by Covid 19. It's all a bit of a puzzle. 🙃 

Maybe because there is deflation in UK?

But the fares of the American Cruise lines (Celebrity, Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, Princess, HAL) going up is not related to the relative values of the pound, euro or dollar.

Cruise fare inflation could be partly due to pent up demand and mainly due to their attempt to recover some of the huge losses of 18 months

Edited by drsel

4 hours ago, drsel said:

Cruise fare inflation could be partly due to pent up demand and mainly due to their attempt to recover some of the huge losses of 18 months

Yep, cruise companies and their Insurers have certainly taken a big hit. Agreed, pent up demand would push the price up. Getting ships out of mothballs and re-training crews, will restrict the numbers of ships available and influence early pricing.

In Costa's case, I thought vaccine rollout in Britain and Europe would influence prices. Perhaps not, because looking at their latest sales release - 7 ships from 1st May '21 thru to 8th Jan '22, there's little difference between cost of £360pp (inside) on Smeralda in May and  £385 on Pacifica in January, both 7 nights. There's flights to add on 🤨

We wouldn't mind a splash of Spring sunshine in the Med (rather than round brit seacations) but my wife's 2nd jab, kills off any thoughts of May cruises.

• 3 weeks later...