Mardi Gras extended balconies

amcankid

Does anyone know the size of the extended Balconies on the Mardi Gras?

I was talking to a Carnival PP and she said that it's her understanding that the balconies on the deck maps are misleading and that they're only a couple of square feet larger than the regular balconies. I'm specifically referring to Cabin 10371 if anyone knows hot to find the true footage.

If you go to cruiseshipdeckplans, you'll see that your best options in the same category are all on the port side of the ship.  9358, 9362, 10350, 10354, 11362 and 11366 are all centered on the hump and will have the largest balcony in that category.  All 6 of these cabins should have a larger balcony than the one that you were considering. 

It should be noted at all hump balconies show a size of 62 sq ft, where as regular balconies are 44 sq ft.  

Here is the info for that cabin:

10371     Extended Balcony (8J)          205/62 = 267 square feet                         
Beds: two twin beds (convert to king)
View: window and extended balcony
Bathroom: shower, toilet, sink
Features: flat-screen TV, telephone, 110 AC current, USB outlets, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, non-stocked mini bar unit, 2-closets, desk and ottoman seat, sofa
Balcony Features: 2 patio chairs and table / balcony partition opens to: Information not available at this time

On 1/3/2021 at 8:05 PM, amcankid said:

Does anyone know the size of the extended Balconies on the Mardi Gras?

I was talking to a Carnival PP and she said that it's her understanding that the balconies on the deck maps are misleading and that they're only a couple of square feet larger than the regular balconies. I'm specifically referring to Cabin 10371 if anyone knows hot to find the true footage.

It certainly appears more than just a few sqft bigger than a traditional balcony.. it’s hard to know for sure, but I would say on the end of the hump it looks like a good location! 

14 minutes ago, ARcruisin2 said:

these are the ones that have me curious - sold as regular balcony, but appear bigger.

I wonder if it would catch to much wind to be enjoyable?

image.png.9adc43d589c4c5200a57de1ce05fe81f.png

I’m booked in 11477 and was wondering the same thing.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ARcruisin2 said:

these are the ones that have me curious - sold as regular balcony, but appear bigger.

I wonder if it would catch to much wind to be enjoyable?

image.png.9adc43d589c4c5200a57de1ce05fe81f.png

I'm pretty sure they are bigger - see the (long!) video in the post I have right before yours. I booked one of them.

Or, go to the Carnival interactive deck plans here: https://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/mardi-gras.aspx#deck-plans 

Go to Deck 8, and click on the 360 view by the "Watering Hole" on the Aft Starboard Deck, then look up for a decent view of them.

1 hour ago, dbrucern said:

We have one of those rooms on deck 15 because we were curious also about the size and it looks like a little more privacy on one side

One warning about Deck 15 - you might have a "ceiling" overhead if Deck 16 extends out as far as your balcony. Check out the video I posted or the 360 view on the interactive deck plans I linked if you want to see what it may look like.

20 hours ago, geneparmesan said:

I'm pretty sure they are bigger - see the (long!) video in the post I have right before yours. I booked one of them.

Or, go to the Carnival interactive deck plans here: https://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/mardi-gras.aspx#deck-plans 

Go to Deck 8, and click on the 360 view by the "Watering Hole" on the Aft Starboard Deck, then look up for a decent view of them.

thanks... that WAS a LOOONG video. I didn't see anything specific for those. I'll go look at your suggestion on deck 8 🙂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, geneparmesan said:

One warning about Deck 15 - you might have a "ceiling" overhead if Deck 16 extends out as far as your balcony. Check out the video I posted or the 360 view on the interactive deck plans I linked if you want to see what it may look like.

yes that was a great point on the video.

I would not like that, as I want some sun.

Those who want full shade, but don't want people above them looking directly down on them, might find this as a bonus.

16 minutes ago, ARcruisin2 said:

thanks... that WAS a LOOONG video. I didn't see anything specific for those. I'll go look at your suggestion on deck 8 🙂

Agreed... I had to pause it at some points to try to get a (zoomed-out) view. I'm pretty sure those balconies are bigger, though. Hopefully we get a review with some real pictures one the sailings start!

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
On 10/28/2021 at 9:22 AM, jl528300 said:

Hello!  I know this is an older post, but now that the mardi gras has set sail, do we know the logistics of these regular rooms that look like they have extended balconies?

Looking to book one.

Specifically,  what cabins are you looking to decide between?

• 2 months later...
On 1/5/2021 at 12:54 PM, CJHAN said:

I’m booked in 11477 and was wondering the same thing.

We actually booked this cabin. My concern was you have limited privacy. So we upgraded to 12354 extended balcony.  And I am glad we did it.   There is a YT video from a travel agent when MG arrived in PC and they visited a cabin like 11477.  They barely showed how visible you are to non-hump balcony cabins.  It’s like being in a fish bowl.  

We had one of those Extended Balcony cabins , #14495 .

It was great . 2 chairs , table and a lounger. What a view !

For privacy we just slide the chars back toward the door (as that area is the same depth as the regular balconies).

Amazing value as it was the same category as the adjoining standard balconies.

• Like 1

I had cabin #9363 on the Mardi Gras. I was on the 5th sailing and there were only the two chairs and side table on the balcony. I asked and received the lounger. The cabin attendant said it has to be approved by security whether the balcony has enough room for safety reasons. It was a good cabin but being it was the deck and cabin right above the Atrium when there were performances you can hear and occasionally feel the music. The music never went beyond Midnight. 

PXL_20210908_125238578.jpg