Where are the ships???

BaumD

Sitting here hoping my April ACL cruise happens and Covid won't cancel it (again). So, with lots of free time I decided to look for the ACL ships online (Marine Traffic website) Here is where most of their ships are docked. It looks like most have been docked since June or July.

• American Star -Brunswick, GA
  • Independence - Brunswick, GA
  • American Spirit - Tacoma, WA
  • American Constellation - Tacoma, WA
  • Queen of Mississippi - New Orleans
  • Queen of the West - Astoria, OR
  • American Pride - Astoria, OR
  • American Song - Astoria, OR
  • American Harmony - New Orleans
  • American Jazz - New Orleans

A few of the ships didn't pop-up on the website

17 hours ago, BaumD said:

A few of the ships didn't pop-up on the website

Thanks for the research.  Was planning on doing this soon, but you saved me the trouble.  Jazz, America, and Star are scheduled to start in two months, so will be monitoring Marine Traffic to see if they really do -- which I very much doubt.  Not sure why America didn't show up (New Orleans).  Melody is probably too new to be registered on MT yet.

6 hours ago, DaveinCharlotte said:

Thanks for the research.  Was planning on doing this soon, but you saved me the trouble.  Jazz, America, and Star are scheduled to start in two months, so will be monitoring Marine Traffic to see if they really do -- which I very much doubt.  Not sure why America didn't show up (New Orleans).  Melody is probably too new to be registered on MT yet.

I found America on a different tracking site. She is moored side by side to the Queen of the Miss. on a small canal off of Lake Pontchartrain. The Jazz is also in the same canal. Harmony is docked along the Mississippi River a few miles away from her sister ships.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2021 at 9:50 AM, Essiesmom said:

American Harmony is currently moored in Cristobal Anchorage, awaiting transit of the Panama Canal.  Assume she is making her way to Portland for the April Columbia and Snake River itineraries.  EM

2-1/2 days later - still waiting at Cristobal to get thru the canal.

On 1/21/2021 at 5:39 PM, BaumD said:

5 days and still sitting waiting to go thru the Canal.

I believe you have to pay big bucks for an appointment to go through the Canal, otherwise you wait until called.  Passenger ships pay because they need to keep to the itinerary, but with no pax it makes sense to save the money.

They stole my thunder

After a successful inaugural season on the Lower Mississippi, it was time to relocate American Harmony to the Pacific Northwest. After many months spent preparing, American Harmony headed south toward the Panama Canal, led by a tight-knit group of American's most seasoned team members. Long hours and incredible expertise were required to maneuver the vessels through locks and along the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean's open waterways. 

ACL_EMAIL_020921_Harmony_CSR3.jpg

ACL_EMAIL_020921_Harmony_CSR4.jpg

American Harmony arrived ahead of schedule in Astoria, Oregon, where it will prepare for its first cruising season on the Columbia River. Guests are sure to enjoy the beauty and comfort of American Harmony in her new home in the Pacific Northwest.