Shore Excursions from St. Petersburg, Russia

Munga 6

2 hours ago, bbwex said:

Our guide took us from one station to another and back, and they are incredible.  No photography allowed, but they are indeed beautiful.  Just watch for pickpockets in the subway system.

They are beautiful but pale in comparison to the circle line in Moscow (if one ever visits Moscow) - even after some vandalism after the fall of USSR 

12 hours ago, bbwex said:

We booked a private company tour as well, and I have to agree that it is the way to go.  You will cover much more ground and get much more done in a day.  We had three days, so we did take the trip to Catherine's Palace, etc., but there is much to see in St. Petersburg if you cannot.  If you can, I would ask them to add a quick visit to a subway station.  Our guide took us from one station to another and back, and they are incredible.  No photography allowed, but they are indeed beautiful.  Just watch for pickpockets in the subway system. 

We took photos in the subway in 2019 with a tour group by Alla.

I just checked and we have about a dozens photos of the trip we took on the subway, none of the actual train or while we were on it though. That doesn't mean anything though, my wife takes the pictures and she probably was doing something else at that time. 

We liked Alla a lot. We chose the "comfort" (slightly reduced effort) tour but saw a lot - more than those doing ship tours.  Of course, it wasn't possible to customize a tour.  Large van, no individual visa needed.  Line up to get off ship earlier than you think you'll need to, though - just about everyone gets off the ship in SP, and lines are lots longer than usual for an O ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1