Will P&O now delay announcements for future cruise pauses?

sidekick180

1 hour ago, MX-Drew said:

TBH that is one of the things I liked, wearing a jacket each evening and not having people turn up to the mdr in jeans and a T shirt as I have seen on other cruise lines. In my opinion and it is only my opinion, if you want to dress casual that is fine, just eat casual as well and go to the buffet although not sure what will happen now with no buffet.

For the record which may make a difference to why I don't mind wearing a jacket to dinner, I don't wear a jacket / suit any other time, only on a ship.  🙂

I like dressing up to some extent. I even started a thread on this board entitled 'Dress to Impress' and always wear a dress for dinner onboard.However although my husband is happy to wear a jacket on formal nights he prefers to wear a smart shirt and tie on other evenings.We went on a 26 night cruise on QM2 in 2019 which we really enjoyed but having to pack 2 jackets(or more)took extra room.

1 hour ago, AnnieC said:

You'll love QE, Jane. Wish I was joining you.🙂

I'm so looking forward to it Annie - tempered with the realisation that it might not actually sail. Only time will tell. I take it you've sailed on QE? Jane.x

2 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

QE my favourite ship we are booked on her on a B2B cruise from 4th July fingers crossed all will go ahead and we just love the formal nights everyone looked so elegant👍

How lovely to hear that. I hope your B2B goes too. I do try for elegant but I think I'm just too short! J.x

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I'm so looking forward to it Annie - tempered with the realisation that it might not actually sail. Only time will tell. I take it you've sailed on QE? Jane.x

I have, several times, and loved every one. Ditto QV and QM2. I've only sailed with P&O a few times and am actually a refugee from the Cunard boards, but they are nowhere near as interesting as my current home on here.😄

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Beckett said:

How lovely to hear that. I hope your B2B goes too. I do try for elegant but I think I'm just too short! J.x

You don't have to be tall to look good Jane. My (Scottish) partner always shied away from his National Dress because at 5' 2" he thought he'd look silly. I persuaded him to try it for our Civil Partnership and fortunately he decided to go for the full formal Highland Dress. He looked great in it and used it afterwards for many formal nights on cruises.

• Like 10

39 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I like dressing up to some extent. I even started a thread on this board entitled 'Dress to Impress' and always wear a dress for dinner onboard.However although my husband is happy to wear a jacket on formal nights he prefers to wear a smart shirt and tie on other evenings.We went on a 26 night cruise on QM2 in 2019 which we really enjoyed but having to pack 2 jackets(or more)took extra room.

I really don't see it as a problem. For our 12 night cruise I took 4 jackets and three waistcoats.

I use vacuum bags for sockets and underwear and they save lads of space.  🙂

25 minutes ago, Britboys said:

You don't have to be tall to look good Jane. My (Scottish) partner always shied away from his National Dress because at 5' 2" he thought he'd look silly. I persuaded him to try it for our Civil Partnership and fortunately he decided to go for the full formal Highland Dress. He looked great in it and used it afterwards for many formal nights on cruises.

And I bet you both looked fabulous. I can manage "good" but have never managed to do elegant. I'll keep trying, and if  ever anyone tells me I've achieved it (grandaughters who are searingly honest) I'll post a photo. Don't hold your breath! J.x

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

I have, several times, and loved every one. Ditto QV and QM2. I've only sailed with P&O a few times and am actually a refugee from the Cunard boards, but they are nowhere near as interesting as my current home on here.😄

Hi annieC we have also sailed more with Cunard on all three ships and loved them all we’ve only sailed a couple of times with P&O and enjoyed them also, but this forum is much more interesting and the posters really friendly and to be honest it’s kept me going throughout this awful time.🤗

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

This is a great site isn't it. I'm not long on here - too timid to post - but I've been reading for many months. Since I found my bravery and actually joined in, I've been made very welcome. I've looked at the Cunard boards but I'm not nearly so grabbed as by the conversations on there - The Butler not remembering how many ice cubes I like in my G&T doesn't hold my attention one bit! J.X

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi annieC we have also sailed more with Cunard on all three ships and loved them all we’ve only sailed a couple of times with P&O and enjoyed them also, but this forum is much more interesting and the posters really friendly and to be honest it’s kept me going throughout this awful time.🤗

Me too lindylooellalouise. I feel like I've been made an honourary member of a new family. J.x

• Like 9

I love the formal nights on any cruise, it’s probably the only time you get to wear a lovely dress and to see men wearing suits or a tux. I went on a mini break with P & O with the girls and nearly everyone was dressed up on formal night, it was lovely to see. Even on non formal nights I still wear a nice dress or trousers and a nice top. 
Michelle

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I love the formal nights on any cruise, it’s probably the only time you get to wear a lovely dress and to see men wearing suits or a tux. I went on a mini break with P & O with the girls and nearly everyone was dressed up on formal night, it was lovely to see. Even on non formal nights I still wear a nice dress or trousers and a nice top. 
Michelle

Dress to Impress and fancy dress/Theme nights - Page 5 - P&O Cruises ( UK ) - Cruise Critic Community

• Like 2

Had an interesting e-mailshot from P&O today. Whilst acknowledging that I have a cruise booked with them, they wonder if I can be tempted to book another 'Adventure'. The interesting bit is that in part of the email, they ask "Which of our ships will you choose?" - and then go on to provide links to cruises on Azura, Britannia, Iona and Ventura. No links to Arcadia or Aurora.

Not suggesting that they are about to sell them off or anything but it may be linked in to Molecrochip's post some time back suggesting that the two smaller ships will return to duty later than their large counterparts...

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

This is a great site isn't it. I'm not long on here - too timid to post - but I've been reading for many months. Since I found my bravery and actually joined in, I've been made very welcome. I've looked at the Cunard boards but I'm not nearly so grabbed as by the conversations on there - The Butler not remembering how many ice cubes I like in my G&T doesn't hold my attention one bit! J.X

I love it that has to be the best post today, I am just picturing that butlers face as he is chastised for not remembering.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Had an interesting e-mailshot from P&O today. Whilst acknowledging that I have a cruise booked with them, they wonder if I can be tempted to book another 'Adventure'. The interesting bit is that in part of the email, they ask "Which of our ships will you choose?" - and then go on to provide links to cruises on Azura, Britannia, Iona and Ventura. No links to Arcadia or Aurora.

Not suggesting that they are about to sell them off or anything but it may be linked in to Molecrochip's post some time back suggesting that the two smaller ships will return to duty later than their large counterparts...

Thanks for the on topic update, interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I think I may have had the same email but mine had a link further down that said ‘Looking for a adult-exclusive holiday?’ With a link that then takes you to Aurora and Arcadia. Is this the same email or did yours not include that? 

Edited by joeecco

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

I think most of us lurked for quite a while before daring to join in - it was the exchanges between Andy, Avril and Kalos (and lots of others, of course) that finally propelled me into action.

Had to laugh about the butler and the ice cubes. I think I've mentioned this before, but years ago they spent weeks discussing the intricacies of hand-tied bow ties and having attacks of the vapours if anyone so much as mentioned the ready tied version.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I got that one. As Bilbo Baggins said ' I think I'm ready for another adventure '. I suspect our next adventure will be a week in Cornwall mid May..🤔

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

I think most of us lurked for quite a while before daring to join in - it was the exchanges between Andy, Avril and Kalos (and lots of others, of course) that finally propelled me into action.

Had to laugh about the butler and the ice cubes. I think I've mentioned this before, but years ago they spent weeks discussing the intricacies of hand-tied bow ties and having attacks of the vapours if anyone so much as mentioned the ready tied version.

On RCI I was asked by an American gentleman what status I was in the Crown and Anchor society on formal night. I showed him the label inside my C&A dinner jacket. That shut him up.🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, zap99 said:

On RCI I was asked by an American gentleman what status I was in the Crown and Anchor society on formal night. I showed him the label inside my C&A dinner jacket. That shut him up.🤔

Our last P&O cruise, there were an older couple who told anyone who would listen that they were in the ‘top’ suite and that are the top tier of P&O loyalty.

Then they made the mistake of telling us that they do not like P&O for numerous reasons despite constantly sailing with them including the ‘purely embarrassing atrium that they call a dance hall, Cunard has a ballroom don’t you know’ Well I couldn’t resist so I kindly asked 

“So forgive my ignorance, are Cunard currently not sailing?”

”yes of course they are” they responded, quite rudely. 
so I hit them with “So in reality, you consistently choose to sail with p&O on your own merit to then make out that you are better than you are and to make it seem like you are better than the rest of us, When in reality you are cannot afford the equivalent on Cunard. If P&O ships irritate you as much as you say, stop booking them’ 

Safe to say they didn’t sit with us again 😂

nothing I hate more than being made to feel like you aren’t as good as someone else. We all come into the world with nothing and we will leave the world with nothing, some seem to forget that. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

That's odd - I had a similar email this afternoon as we're booked on Aurora for a 1st May cruise (unlikely I'm guessing) and August (more hopeful). They were suggesting I consider going for a booking in 2022 and when I clicked on the link it was only showing cruises on Aurora and Arcadia for the Mediterranean.

The preamble in the email did refer to us preferring adult only ships (as we do) so maybe each email is tailored to the cruise profile of each guest.

Suppose it still does not rule out the possibility that Aurora and Arcadia may not sail during this year but they are still being promoted for 2022

Edited by arlowood
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, joeecco said:

I think I may have had the same email but mine had a link further down that said ‘Looking for a adult-exclusive holiday?’ With a link that then takes you to Aurora and Arcadia. Is this the same email or did yours not include that? 

Mine definitely doesn't say anything about adult-exclusive holidays. Just double checked.