Will P&O now delay announcements for future cruise pauses?

sidekick180

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes they are, but his cruise departs on 24th April and is still on sale.  wonder if they have paid their balance?

Departure date is the 24th and all monies have been paid. No word from P and O Or my booking agent yet 

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That was aubergine, we had that colour too. It was a nightmare. It showed every watermark.

Avril

Yep, we all had avocado or aubergine bathrooms but none of us had ever seen an avocado or an aubergine let alone eaten one 🛁🥑🍆

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Yep, we all had avocado or aubergine bathrooms but none of us had ever seen an avocado or an aubergine let alone eaten one 🛁🥑🍆

I remember in the early 70’s my mum and dad  had a white suite taken out and avocado one put in!!! What was all that about???

Michelle

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

The water in our area is chalky, so there were always white splash marks on our  avocado  suite.

I was pleased when we moved and had a nice light whisper peach suite. A lot less trouble to keep looking nice. 

Our first house was a new build in 1979 when coloured suites were the thing to have, I hated them and I still remember that we had to pay extra to have a white suite.  When we moved 3 years later the first job in the next house was to rip out the pale green suite and replace it with white and when we moved to this house  23 years later our first job was to remove a pink suite and put in a white one.  We havec re-done the bath room twice since each time with white suites but different tiling each time.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That was aubergine, we had that colour too. It was a nightmare. It showed every watermark.

Avril

We still have the original Pampas toilet and washbasin in our downstairs loo, and I still quite like it, more subtle and far less shiny than Avocado.  However the old Apricot/Peach or some similar coloured Toilet bowl is now doubling as a planter in the garden, the bathroom having been replaced about 15 years ago with a much more suitable off white suite. 

15 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Our first house was a new build in 1979 when coloured suites were the thing to have, I hated them and I still remember that we had to pay extra to have a white suite.  When we moved 3 years later the first job in the next house was to rip out the pale green suite and replace it with white and when we moved to this house  23 years later our first job was to remove a pink suite and put in a white one.  We havec re-done the bath room twice since each time with white suites but different tiling each time.

We bought our current house around 16 years ago and it hadn’t been updated since the late 70’s, early 80’s, so we inherited an avocado bathroom, complete with equally hideous wall tiles, a powder blue cloakroom (which was the least offensive, but still had to go) and, worst of all, an aubergine en-suite bathroom. All replaced within the first year with white suites, the only colour that doesn’t date IMO. We are planning an extension and have lots of decisions to make about fixtures, fittings and furnishings for the new rooms, but the one thing that we won’t be debating is the colour of the sanitary ware in the new wet-room!

Talking colours (but we are massively off topic anyway), can anyone recommend any good exterior LED lighting systems that you can programme to change colours? As part of our extension we are going to have a small open air courtyard area in the middle of the house with glass walls around it. It’s going to have a water feature and large plants in it, but as it’s a feature point I quite like the idea of having ‘mood lighting’ in it, similar to the ambient lighting systems that you get in cars these days. I’ve searched online but am struggling. Knowing the wealth of knowledge on this forum I thought I’d chance asking! 

10 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

Reports of 4 Covid positive guests on Mein-Schiff-2, on a 7 day Canaries Cruise.

Report says that they were immediately isolated on board and then taken to quarantine accommodation in Gran Canaria.

The on board tracing system identified 9 further guests and 11 crew as direct contacts ,these were also isolated on board all tested and all negative but all removed to quarantine accommodation facilities in Gran Canaria as well.

Sailing with 60% capacity,and only balcony and suites occupied. This is a report from Ship crews news web site.

To much like a lottery at this time!

After disembarking about 1000 passengers back to Germany the ship was thoroughly sanitised and allowed to continue with the next scheduled voyage,

Tui is reported to have said that this proves that the safety and health protocols work because the virus did not spread, further on board!

Wonder what the unfortunate 9 passengers thought of this!

Edited by mercury7289
  • Like 3

Not P&O related as such but I cannot seem to find any cruise online TA that are selling fly cruise packages for next May or July... the normal P&O ones are available but they’re already a package before the TA sells them so I’m really confused as to why I can’t see any fly cruise packages for Celebrity Edge for example. Same with princess.. why is this I wonder? 

After disembarking about 1000 passengers back to Germany the ship was thoroughly sanitised and allowed to continue with the next scheduled voyage,

Tui is reported to have said that this proves that the safety and health protocols work because the virus did not spread, further on board!

Probably helped being a 7 night cruise because a longer cruise might have led to more spread of the virus.

The CDC in the US stated in the short term no cruises over 7 night's when cruising resumes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Probably helped being a 7 night cruise because a longer cruise might have led to more spread of the virus.

The CDC in the US stated in the short term no cruises over 7 night's when cruising resumes.

Very good point. I have always felt that 7 day cruises won’t be very informative. Many more passengers could have been infected but wouldn’t know until some days after they have disembarked. 14 day or longer cruises will be more telling, as more people would start to display symptoms whilst still on board. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Probably true Graham, but I am hoping that the vaccine roll out will significantly reduce the likelihood of any Covid outbreak, and thus gradually increase confidence in cruising.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Probably true Graham, but I am hoping that the vaccine roll out will significantly reduce the likelihood of any Covid outbreak, and thus gradually increase confidence in cruising.

It certainly should John, but until all adults (passengers and crew) are vaccinated this is surely going to be the norm? Hence why I remain doubtful that cruising will recommence for some months. 

12 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

I remember in the early 70’s my mum and dad  had a white suite taken out and avocado one put in!!! What was all that about???

Michelle

The 70's fashion😉It's now done a complete about-face and we're back to white again.

Avril

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Agreed John, with gradually being the key word. 

We cannot expect no incidents while the world is in turmoil, but a combination of the vaccine, common sense and good protocol will hopefully see cruising return sensibly in the not too distant future. 

Andy 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

The 70's fashion😉It's now done a complete about-face and we're back to white again.

Avril

Sorry but the about face in fashion means we are back to the 70s styles so back in with avocado and aubergine suites. 🙂 

11 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

It certainly should John, but until all adults (passengers and crew) are vaccinated this is surely going to be the norm? Hence why I remain doubtful that cruising will recommence for some months. 

I am not expecting any P&O restart until summer at the earliest, but if Mein Schiff and others do continue with their current cruises, then maybe their experience will help to oil the wheels for UK cruising, and we may see something before Spring is out.

• Like 1

Mask wearing on board - wearing masks is part of everyday life now, so only to be expected.

Only dining with members of my party - that’s great, we always actively seek a table for 2.

Only ship excursions - mixed feelings. Sometimes we do a ship excursion, but other times it’s nice just to wander around the port by ourselves.

Pre cruise Covid testing - not sure I want any leisure activity that involves being tested for Covid, possibly multiple times.

Being offloaded in an overseas port because I was unfortunate enough to be on the next table to people who got Covid even though I tested negative - that’s a red line too far for me - I couldn’t consider a cruise where there was a real possibility of me being left in a foreign port even though there was nothing wrong with me. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Sorry but the about face in fashion means we are back to the 70s styles so back in with avocado and aubergine suites. 🙂 

An about face is to turn in the opposite direction. To go back to the 70's would be to do a complete 180.  I'm speaking standard english as I was taught, not 'fashion'😉

Avril

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

An about face is to turn in the opposite direction. To go back to the 70's would be to do a complete 180.  I'm speaking standard english as I was taught, not 'fashion'😉

Avril

Isn't 180 the same as turn in the opposite direction, a complete turn would be 360?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Isn't 180 the same as turn in the opposite direction, a complete turn would be 360?

Not if you did a 180 during the nineties as well, that's the 1990's not another 90o turn or that would have been 270o unless of course you did a 360o turn in the first place, then you would be reversing backwards and coming towards it from behind, simples😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

My mum & dad had some really wacky wallpaper as well, even they admit now it was a bit OTT even for them!!! They showed me some that was covered in like giant shaded dart boards

Michelle

• Like 2