July 16, 2022 Norwegian Fjords

happycruisenut

Hi!  We just moved to 7/16/22  (7 nights) from 8/26/21 (9 nights), from 8/28/20 (8 nights) and really hope we get to go in July 2022...

I know everyone has had a lot of cruising disappointment 2020 and 2021, but feel much worse for all the wonderful and awesome crew members who take such great care of us and can hardly wait to see them and THANK them for everything they do for us.  I suspect this trip will be a bit different than previous trips but I will just enjoy meeting new friends and seeing the beautiful fjords.  Sorry we don't get to Bergen on this itinerary but I will survive.

More later!  Bonnie and Frank

25 minutes ago, happycruisenut said:

Hi!  We just moved to 7/16/22  (7 nights) from 8/26/21 (9 nights), from 8/28/20 (8 nights) and really hope we get to go in July 2022...

I know everyone has had a lot of cruising disappointment 2020 and 2021, but feel much worse for all the wonderful and awesome crew members who take such great care of us and can hardly wait to see them and THANK them for everything they do for us.  I suspect this trip will be a bit different than previous trips but I will just enjoy meeting new friends and seeing the beautiful fjords.  Sorry we don't get to Bergen on this itinerary but I will survive.

We did a wonderful Norway cruise in June 2019 to the North Cape, it was fantastic.

Here is my detailed review of the cruise.

Stockholm and Norway Aritic Circle

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=659526&et_cid=3214772&et_rid=17221689&et_referrer=Boards

No matter where you go in Norway, the picturesque vistas will overwhelm you with awe. We did a b2b, Norway/Iceland for 19 nights. SPECTACULAR!! Norway is glorious in its immense splendor yet striking in its quaintness of communities. You can't help but feel the Viking lore as you experience the rugged surroundings. It got us to wanting to go back for more.

Hoping 7/22 is good for you. 

• Like 1

We were on the August 2020 but we could not Lift & Shift as an extra day at sea and Celebrity would not honour it. Took back the deposit and are doing a Med Cruise on Reflection in September 2021

I am sorry that you have had to move to 2022. I can understand that it would be easier to prepare with all this uncertainty. 

I believe that Silhouette is still scheduled to use Southampton as home port this Summer. I would be concerned that if this Summers cruise program does not go ahead they will be broke by 2022. Pretty poor for our home town as well which depends on cruising.

Cannot wait to rebook Norway. The friends we were going with are very risk adverse and have booked nothing since the start of the pandemic.

16 hours ago, happycruisenut said:

Our daughter was on Study Abroad in Norway in 2019 and took a train/ferry trip one weekend to Bergen and other places.  Some fantastic photos 🙂

18 hours ago, happycruisenut said:

Sorry to see you go Bonnie and Frank. We’re still hanging on to that 26th August sailing  this year, having been, like you bounced from last August’s sailing. 
Hopefully the Silhouette will be able to carry out this summers Europe season and we will finally get back on board having had two other sailings cancelled from last year.

if not, we may see you on board in 2022 😂 

25 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

Sadly, Celebrity does have Norway cruises that go all the way to the North Cape.   NCL and Royal do have those.  

As does HAL with its Voyage of the Midnight Sun. Great cruise, and our last before the pandemic hit.

On 1/15/2021 at 9:50 AM, 4774Papa said:

Sadly, Celebrity does have Norway cruises that go all the way to the North Cape.   NCL and Royal do have those.  

We desperately were hoping Celebrity would have an itinerary that went to the North Cape for 2022, but alas, they didn't.  We booked on Royal.

• Like 1