Lift and shift if cruise cancelled

orla56

9 minutes ago, orla56 said:

I did a lift and shift last year and was thinking of cancelling for a fcc.

Does anyone know what happens if the cruise was cancelled.Do I get a fcc or a refund.

TIA.

It depends.  We’re you before or after final payment when you did the L&S?  Was it a refundable or non refundable deposit?

it it was after final payment you get a FCC

Edited by Ourusualbeach

47 minutes ago, orla56 said:

Thank you.

So if I was going to cancel I should do it before final payment so I only  have a fcc for the deposit.

Is that correct.

It depends on if you can afford to tie up the full amount.  I had made final payment on a cruise that was just cancelled.  I can now choose between 100% refund, 125% FCC or Lift and Shift.

If you cancel before the cruise is cancelled it depends of the terms you agreed to at the time of booking.  In my case if I had cancelled before Royal cancelled me I would have lost $100pp and would not receive the 25% FCC bonus.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It depends.  We’re you before or after final payment when you did the L&S?  Was it a refundable or non refundable deposit?

it it was after final payment you get a FCC

I
If a L & S (before final payment with a nonrefundable deposit) gets cancelled, is that deposit (or final payment) refundable? I can understand getting a FCC if you paid for the cruise with a FCC. 

Edited by NancyIL

7 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

If a L & S (before final payment with a nonrefundable deposit) gets cancelled, is that deposit (or final payment) refundable?

If it was Royal that cancelled then it should be refundable. I say should be because there hasn’t been that situation and I haven’t seen anything covering that situation in the FAQ’s

I’m just going by Royal’s policy that anything that they have cancelled has always been refundable regardless f deposit type. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, WorldTravellerz said:

If you cancel before the cruise is cancelled it depends of the terms you agreed to at the time of booking.  In my case if I had cancelled before Royal cancelled me I would have lost $100pp and would not receive the 25% FCC bonus.

You would not have lost the $100 pp.

under CWC the $100pp fee is waived and you would have received the entire amount paid as an FCC.

1 hour ago, orla56 said:

Thank you.

So if I was going to cancel I should do it before final payment so I only  have a fcc for the deposit.

Is that correct.

Yes.

your other option would be to make final payment and then hope Royal cancels so you could then get a refund instead of an FCC.  Downside is that if the ship sails you would have to cancel under CWC and then have a larger FCC

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If it was Royal that cancelled then it should be refundable. I say should be because there hasn’t been that situation and I haven’t seen anything covering that situation in the FAQ’s

I’m just going by Royal’s policy that anything that they have cancelled has always been refundable regardless f deposit type. 

Thank you!

• Like 1

If you make a final payment and after that Royal cancels your cruise, are you able to L&S it?  Have one coming up in mid May booked in Nov so from what I understand you have to have booked by August in order to L&S before final.  It's all so confusing!!!

19 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

If you make a final payment and after that Royal cancels your cruise, are you able to L&S it?  Have one coming up in mid May booked in Nov so from what I understand you have to have booked by August in order to L&S before final.  It's all so confusing!!!

The option to L&S currently only extends to sailings that can be shifted to sailings that depart before April 30, 2022.

If your sailing date is in May there might be a couple dates that you can shift to in April.

Royal has not made any announcement  if they will extend or enhance the L&S program going forward 

as long as the cruise was booked prior to Jan 31, 2021 it can be shifted. August was an old date tha5 was extended. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

We have a cruise booked for September 2021,  (I am not confident cruises will happen this year) .  We have an $800 FCC we will be applying to the cruise (deposit already paid in money).  If the cruise is cancelled by Royal what will happen to the FCC?

46 minutes ago, Ms Jo UK said:

We have a cruise booked for September 2021,  (I am not confident cruises will happen this year) .  We have an $800 FCC we will be applying to the cruise (deposit already paid in money).  If the cruise is cancelled by Royal what will happen to the FCC?

It will be reissued. 

I have a good question on this and, I'm pretty sure I already know the answer, but what the heck:

We had a TA booked on the Explorer last year for a VERY reasonable price. The cruise was cancelled and we were able to do a Lift and shift to the Odyssey for this year at the same exact rate (A HUGE bargain). Now our TA is very late October, but if that gets cancelled, do we receive the rate that the cabin is worth on the Odyssey if we can do another lift and shift, or do we just get what we put in for the Explorer?

Cheers

Len

23 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

I have a good question on this and, I'm pretty sure I already know the answer, but what the heck:

We had a TA booked on the Explorer last year for a VERY reasonable price. The cruise was cancelled and we were able to do a Lift and shift to the Odyssey for this year at the same exact rate (A HUGE bargain). Now our TA is very late October, but if that gets cancelled, do we receive the rate that the cabin is worth on the Odyssey if we can do another lift and shift, or do we just get what we put in for the Explorer?

Cheers

Len

As it stands today you can only lift and shift once.

lift and shift also only applies to sailings that are shifted so the new cruise departs by April 30 2022

as it stands now if your cruise is cancelled you would get a refund or FCC for the original amount you paid. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach