Two category upgrade offer question

I want to make sure i understand how the two category upgrade works in practice. For instance, i am looking at a December 7, 10 day sailing from Miami on the Splendor. The price for a Superior Suite F1 is $6,049 pp. If I book that, do I get a Concierge Suite D for the same price? It seems like I do, or is the price already built in such that without the promotion the F1 would cost more?

Thanks!

But remember that the Concierge Suite cabin is the same as the Superior Suite cabin on Splendor. Going from F1 to D gives you the Concierge Amenities. If you plan to take advantage of the hotel stay the night before, with transfers, or want a cabin on deck 12 or 14, then it would be worthwhile. You also get early access to book excursions and dinner reservations, but as repeat customers, we get that anyway. Our TA warned us that taking one offer can make you ineligible for another offer, so that's something to watch out for.

4 hours ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

I want to make sure i understand how the two category upgrade works in practice. For instance, i am looking at a December 7, 10 day sailing from Miami on the Splendor. The price for a Superior Suite F1 is $6,049 pp. If I book that, do I get a Concierge Suite D for the same price? It seems like I do, or is the price already built in such that without the promotion the F1 would cost more?

Thanks!

Actually you book the Concierge D suite and they will give you the price of the F1 which is $6,049 for each of you.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Just booked a sailing for 2022.  We booked a Penthouse B suite and paid for a Concierge D - which is the level we usually book.  I booked through my TA and when I got the confirm I calculated the price and it was exactly as I just stated.  And, BTW, the deposit was also half of the normal amount - another nice benefit of booking now.

My observation is that on Regent’s website, as well as some online travel agent’s sites, the upgrade has already been calculated into the price shown.  Right now Regent’s website is quoting $12,998 total for a Concierge D cabin if you take advantage of the pre-cruise hotel, and $12,698 without the hotel.  The $300 extra includes a hotel (we stayed at the Four Seasons), breakfast and transfer to the ship.  Given Miami prices I think it was well worth the extra.  

Alternatively, I would recommend you go for a Concierge ‘E’ cabin.  It is $12,098 without the hotel (or $12,398 with).  Also, if you are a first time Regent cruiser your travel agent can get you a $500 discount by ‘referring’ you.  That would bring your E Concierge cabin price down to $11,698.

For us the 4 device internet, availability of a large balcony,  as well as the hotel, was well worth the price for a Concierge.  Happy planning!

• 4 weeks later...

We are sailing in Dec 2021. I called yesterday about the upgrade. I was told since we already had the opportunity to qualify for onboard credit ...we could not take advantage of the upgrade too. We had to choose. We chose to keep the onboard credit. It was worth asking though. 😃😃

FREE Suite Upgrade on All Ships & All Destinations

Free 2-Category Suite Upgrade plus 50% Reduced Deposits

ALL SHIPS  ALL DESTINATIONS  ALL YOURS

Be aware that notwithstanding what Regent sends to you and advertises stating that this promotion applies to “all ships and all destinations” it does not.  You have to read the proverbial “fine print” to find out “all ships and all destinations” really only means those cruises that Regent decides have not reached their "capacity control" thresholds.

45 minutes ago, Shep Florida said:

FREE Suite Upgrade on All Ships & All Destinations

Free 2-Category Suite Upgrade plus 50% Reduced Deposits

ALL SHIPS  ALL DESTINATIONS  ALL YOURS

Be aware that notwithstanding what Regent sends to you and advertises stating that this promotion applies to “all ships and all destinations” it does not.  You have to read the proverbial “fine print” to find out “all ships and all destinations” really only means those cruises that Regent decides have not reached their "capacity control" thresholds.

Absolutely true.  And that fine print didn't exist morning of announcement and Regent still wouldn't honor the request for two category upgrade.