Oasis class ships in order of preference

amurray88

1 minute ago, mac_tlc said:

I’m sure there are others who have another opinion. I just thought the show was a lot of banging and random dance with less diving than Oasis/Allure. I didn’t particularly like Hiro on Symphony either.

mac_tlc

I much preferred the Aqua show on Oasis to Allure for the same type of reasons you just mentioned. Oasis also had a much better secondary Aqua show, Splish Slash, than Allure had. 

We've sailed all except Oasis. Every time we book Oasis it gets cancelled on us.  Once before COVID because of a charter and now because of COVID,  it has been cancelled 3 times on us. 

1.  Symphony

2. Allure

3. Harmony

*we liked the newer rooms on Harmony but we didn't like the Solarium.  With the plastic panels that get torn and then flap in the wind it becomes so noisy in there and the fact it doesn't have a pool 

2 minutes ago, happy cruiser1234 said:

We've sailed all except Oasis. Every time we book Oasis it gets cancelled on us.  Once before COVID because of a charter and now because of COVID,  it has been cancelled 3 times on us. 

1.  Symphony

2. Allure

3. Harmony

*we liked the newer rooms on Harmony but we didn't like the Solarium.  With the plastic panels that get torn and then flap in the wind it becomes so noisy in there and the fact it doesn't have a pool 

That sounds really annoying. I am not getting good vibes about Harmony so far.

35 minutes ago, molly361 said:

This was a thread about what order you prefer the ships which I also assume would mean why.  Prefer D lounge on deck 11 as to deck 4, don't like the slides  Loved Sabors.  Some people like the way things were as opposed to how they are now

Everyone is entitled to their opinion 

True, but it no longer exists. 

Besides wouldn't your true preference be whichever one is in PC. 😇

32 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am sorry to read that. I did an L&S from Oasis to Harmony. The Aqua show, for me,  is one of the highlights of sailing on an O class ship. Harmony already has a strike against it because I will now have to sail our of PC instead of PE which I much prefer.

Not a fan of Harmony or Symphony dive shows. But some folks love them.  Everyone's a critic😉

32 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I’m sure there are others who have another opinion. I just thought the show was a lot of banging and random dance with less diving than Oasis/Allure. I didn’t particularly like Hiro on Symphony either.

mac_tlc

I do like Spinning Man though.

Hate strobe lights and music

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, happy cruiser1234 said:

It's a beautiful ship, and I think Harmony has Grease for their broadway show which is fantastic!  If you're booked on it you will not be disappointed. 

I like Columbus almost as much as Flight.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I much preferred the Aqua show on Oasis to Allure for the same type of reasons you just mentioned. Oasis also had a much better secondary Aqua show, Splish Slash, than Allure had. 

I think the second showvon Harmony is good. 

Some kind of south beach theme, i think

Hideaway Heist

Edited by John&LaLa

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Mama Mia and Blue Planet in theater

An unmemorable ice show

Aqua Show is decent

I agree about the ice show on Allure. The second Dream Works show, when Allure had Dream Works, was much better than the main show.

Oasis has a really good ice show with the sand artist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

That sounds really annoying. I am not getting good vibes about Harmony so far.

Good vibes only!

I have only been on Oasis pre-amp and Harmony - both 2 weeks. Prefer Harmony.

We had a b2b on Harmony in 2019 and loved it. Lovely cabins (tried 2 different ones ocean and Central Park balconies). Fantastic staff and dining, Grease and the live music options were excellent. The b2b pax lunch was the best I have ever been to.

Of the 5 ships I sailed on in 2019 (Explorer, Harmony, Adventure, Freedom and Serenade), Harmony was my favourite ship. Captain Johnny and staff made us feel so special and we had so much fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I agree about the ice show on Allure. The second Dream Works show, when Allure had Dream Works, was much better than the main show.

Yep, glad they kept it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

I agree, Hiro was a disappointment to me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Mama Mia and Blue Planet in theater

An unmemorable ice show

Aqua Show is decent

How timely, I was flipping though the channels and Mama Mia is in TV tonight. It always reminds me of being on Allure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The sand artist was fascinating.

• Like 3

Only have 2 to compare but will say

1. Symphony
  2. Allure

but it all depends on different categories

• Aqua Show - Cool on Symphony but more dives and "wow" moves on Allure
  • Blue Planet (Allure) - odd show vs Flight (Symphony) was wow...loved it, and even went twice
  • Mamma Mia (Allure) - my favorite musical of all time so am biased, but also really enjoyed Hairspray (Symphony)
  • Ice Show - Monopoly (Allure) was ok, amazing on Symphony with cool affects with the drones

Ship decor is amazing on Symphony.  Also really enjoyed the included El Loco Fresh on Symphony.

Solarium on Symphony is beautiful too.  Also more modern staterooms, but no issue with Allure.

We travelled with our kids so the slides, laser tag are on Symphony and not Allure, so Symphony wins for activities (although dreamworks exists at the time on Allure).

But having said all that, we loved both.

Unfortunately we had Harmony booked for March so lost that.  For us, the main downside is that it's out of Port Canaveral, which is far from the airport compared with Miami or Ft Lauderdale...but we are really disappointed as we were looking forward to trying her.

We have Oasis booked...so hopefully that one will go.  Only thing that is "too bad" is the Broadway show as I love theatre, but Cats isn't my first choice.  Otherwise, can't wait...

I agree...if the cruise is a Saturday, then that means having to miss school/work on the Friday to travel...but it's often not a huge deal if holiday time.

• Thanks 1