FCC Problem

Jessejo

I booked a cruise for this summer but had to cancel a week or so later.  I booked two cabins for my group of six, 3 per room .  I paid the deposit of $250 for each of us.  My problem is that  they are giving FCC ($250 each) to the individuals whose names I booked. The group was my son, my granddaughter and her husband and my two great grandsons (1 great grandson in each cabin) and I. So o, now my granddaughter and her family get 4 FCCs and my son and I each get one.  Not fair!  I used my credit card for all of us!  Both my granddaughter and I have spoken to RC and they said, basically, too bad!  Now I’ve lost $1,000 as my granddaughter and her family may never cruise again!  I’ve already lost the cost of my airline ticket when last year’s cruise was cancelled.  I may get to use my FCC on another cruise I’d already booked for my son and I...

Edited by Jessejo

FCCs are always issued to each of the booked passengers.  Nothing new here. Very few exceptions, mostly for deaths and minor children.  Who pays doesn't count.  Same with points for sailing - the person who pays doesn't get all the points.

And so far we haven't lost anything on airline tickets.  All the airlines issue an FCC that you can use.  Some rules there - a few of mine were expiring in June so I used them.  If they more than paid for the new flight they have been reissued with a new expiration date.

As Cigar King said, book another cruise for everyone.  Maybe short cruise in May so Royal cancels it.  Ken (ourusualbeach) can confirm if a cruise booked with a FCC and cash can get a full refund or if they just reinstate the FCCs and refund the cash.

In the old days if you cancelled before final payment you got your money back less a penalty unless you were booking a suite.  CWC has muddled the rules and pretty much makes it hard to get a refund.

2 minutes ago, LeeW said:

In the old days if you cancelled before final payment you got your money back less a penalty unless you were booking a suite.  CWC has muddled the rules and pretty much makes it hard to get a refund.

Those that book refundable deposits still get a refund for cancelling before final.