Enchantment of The Seas 2021 Schedule from Baltimore

djjoe

I just looked at the Enchantment schedule for May 2021 and the summer. Since they are not able to have 8 night cruises, there seems to be a big space between the 5 night Bermuda cruises where the 8 night cruise would have been. I'm trying to understand what they plan to do. They can't stay at the pier for 8 days. Are they going out into the bay and drop the hook? Has anyone else noticed this? Please don't shoot the messenger, just my observation.

FAAEA446-0777-48D0-B8F2-03DAF242D32D_1_105_c.jpeg

As others have said, all cruises longer than 7 days are 'hidden' so you can't purchase them.  But they haven't been canceled yet and there are a lot of us waiting to find out what they plan on doing with those. I myself am on an Indy cruise of 8 nights this summer, those are hidden too and only the 6 night ones showing there too.  But we are still able to book things in our cruise planner.  😂🙄

We have 3 EN cruises booked, first one 8/26, 8 days. Two more to King's Wharf in September. Too many cooks in the galley here, including the Gov. of Maryland. Will he be OK with opening the cruise terminal even IF the cruise industry is given the green light?

R&D

8 hours ago, rockmom said:

As others have said, all cruises longer than 7 days are 'hidden' so you can't purchase them.  But they haven't been canceled yet and there are a lot of us waiting to find out what they plan on doing with those. I myself am on an Indy cruise of 8 nights this summer, those are hidden too and only the 6 night ones showing there too.  But we are still able to book things in our cruise planner.  😂🙄

I have two 8 nights booked on Indy this summer, one in May and one in August. I called Royal to see if I could upgrade to a suite. I was told there are a lot of empty cabins available, but they can't book them. I thought since I already had the booking that I could upgrade, but I couldn't.

7 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Enchantment won’t start until fall at the earliest. That’s why they are not making effort to fill gap by planning cruises that won’t happen. Hope that helps, cheers!

Is that official? 

If so, please post a link. 

If not, while you are more than welcome and I actually encourage you to post your opinion, please make sure it is clear that it is your opinion.  Posting things like this as fact causes confusion if it is opinion, especially for folks that don't spend a lot of time on Cruise Critic forums.

Thanks.

Tom

1 hour ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Is that official? 

If not, while you are more than welcome and I actually encourage you to post your opinion, please make sure it is clear that it is your opinion.  Posting things like this as fact causes confusion if it is opinion, especially for folks that don't spend a lot of time on Cruise Critic forums.

Thanks.

Tom

Not official but very, very realistic.  I doubt that Gov Hogan will open the port of Baltimore to cruises very soon.  I think most of us realize that cruises aren't just going to start all of a sudden.  When they do start, Baltimore will not be among the first.

I do not think the May Bermuda cruises will really happen.  My interpretation of the Bermuda website (which could be wrong), is that even if the ship docks you can't get off.  Assuming that they will be allowing cruise ships to dock in the first place.

Bermuda has some fairly stiff requirements for tourists.  Pre arrival negative COVID test, post arrival negative test, etc.

16 hours ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Is that official? 

Thanks.

Tom

The port of Baltimore will be one of the last to open, that’s a fact.

Quite possibly not until 2022

4 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The port of Baltimore will be one of the last to open, that’s a fact.

Quite possibly not until 2022

Do you run the Port of Baltimore?

Do you run Royal Caribbean?

Do you run the CDC?

Do you run some other organization that can prevent the Port of Baltimore from opening?

Do you have an announcement from the Port of Baltimore, Royal Caribbean or CDC saying it will be one of the last to open, quite possibly not until 2022?

If not, you are stating your opinion, not a fact.  

Believing your opinion strongly does not make it a fact.

Claiming your opinion is a fact does not make it a fact.

Me thinking your opinion is likely to to turn out to be at least partially correct; I think Septemberish myself, does not make it a fact.

Tom

Fact

The Port of Baltimore has idea  when they will open the cruise port in 2021.

Just like everyone  else they are waiting  for the pieces of the puzzle  to fall into place. 

Royal Caribbean Group's comments from the Third Quarter 2020 call with investors that stated initial revenue sailings will focus on short cruises in key drive-to markets in the U.S. and APAC. Trips out of the U.S. will likely start slowly and focus on stopping at private destinations, such as CocoCay.

Edited by Tony O
  • Like 1

A question about cabins on Enchantment.

Cabins 8098 - 8104, and 8598 - 8604, midships, are surrounded by balcony cabins, but are shown as Oceanview.  Are they like the floor-to-ceiling glass cabins on deck 8 on Grandeur?

We've sailed on Enchantment a number of times, but always on a lower deck.

We're fine with no balcony; just curious.

Can't wait to be aboard!

7 hours ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Do you run the Port of Baltimore?

Do you run Royal Caribbean?

Do you run the CDC?

Do you run some other organization that can prevent the Port of Baltimore from opening?

Do you have an announcement from the Port of Baltimore, Royal Caribbean or CDC saying it will be one of the last to open, quite possibly not until 2022?

If not, you are stating your opinion, not a fact.  

Believing your opinion strongly does not make it a fact.

Claiming your opinion is a fact does not make it a fact.

Me thinking your opinion is likely to to turn out to be at least partially correct; I think Septemberish myself, does not make it a fact.

Tom

Ok, good luck. I prefer to glean all

pertinent information and come to the logical conclusion; not wait to be spoon fed 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Ok, good luck. I prefer to glean all

pertinent information and come to the logical conclusion; not wait to be spoon fed 

You are completely missing my point.  Your claim may turn out to be correct in the end, but it is not a fact, it is an opinion. 

Presenting your opinion is fine, especially with an explanation of why you think it, but claiming it is a fact doesn't make it so.  It is also misleading to people who may act on it to their detriment because they believed you when you said it was a fact.   

7 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

You are completely missing my point.  Your claim may turn out to be correct in the end, but it is not a fact, it is an opinion. 

Presenting your opinion is fine, especially with an explanation of why you think it, but claiming it is a fact doesn't make it so.  It is also misleading to people who may act on it to their detriment because they believed you when you said it was a fact.   

Fair enough 

Have a great weekend 

9 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Baltimore was one of the first to shut down its ports. It's likely they'll be one of the last to re-open them.

The first known spread of covid cases here in Maryland were cruise ship passengers returning from an overseas cruise (not out of Baltimore). Thus the governor because of that and in the context of the media reports about cruise ship outbreaks quickly shut down the cruise port ahead of many other cruise ports. (correctly in my opinion) I don't think that because Baltimore was one of the first to close it will necessarily will be one of the last to reopen. I do think Maryland will be cautious about reopening the cruise port. May is unlikely for cruises out of any US port, but none can predict about when Baltimore will reopen.

Edited by Charles4515