Help with room on Enchanted Princess

fedexretiree

We normally sail on the Celebrity Summit but since they pulled out of SJU we are looking at the Enchanted Princess for March 2022.

I was needing help to find a good cabin in either BE or BD category.  On the Summit they have the "Sweet 16" cabins that have a huge  balcony and I was wondering if there is anything like that in the BD or BE on this ship.  I know this is a brand new ship but is it similar to the Royal Princess or any others so that I could see pictures on line?

I saw that cabin E424 appears to have a larger balcony but want some feedback as to which cabins are good and which to avoid.  

14 minutes ago, fedexretiree said:

We normally sail on the Celebrity Summit but since they pulled out of SJU we are looking at the Enchanted Princess for March 2022.

I was needing help to find a good cabin in either BE or BD category.  On the Summit they have the "Sweet 16" cabins that have a huge  balcony and I was wondering if there is anything like that in the BD or BE on this ship.  I know this is a brand new ship but is it similar to the Royal Princess or any others so that I could see pictures on line?

I saw that cabin E424 appears to have a larger balcony but want some feedback as to which cabins are good and which to avoid.  

Majestic, Sky and Enchanted Princess all have larger partially-covered balconies on Dolphin deck. And these include some BD cabins (see the green cabins D702-10 and D701-09 below).

image.png.d453114e533d0a312437a71cac30a54f.png

This is what we could see of the Dolphin balconies when looking down from Baja deck on Majestic Princess:

IMG_0204_zpsagbyop9p.thumb.JPG.951a6882ffe68b186a220449a6dba34b.JPG

Some basic Princess cabin information. Balcony category cabins start with a "B" such as BA, BB and so on. The higher the letter the better location as determined by Princess, usually more mid ship. All balcony cat. cabins have the same interiors. Lots of storage, fridge, one desk chair, no sofa. Some are connecting. You can find connecting cabins by searching the deck plans and checking the connecting cabin box on the Princess web site under on board our ships. Almost all balconies are 9ft x 4ft. There are a few that are larger. You can also see these on the deck plans.

Deluxe balcony category cabins start with a "D", such as D4, DA, DB and so on. Cabins followed by a number are considered a better cabin location. Almost all Deluxe balcony cabins have the same interiors which are similar to balcony category cabins, except deluxe balcony cabins have a two seat sofa. As with balcony cat. cabins most balconies are 9ft x 4ft. There are some, such as D410 and D712 that have larger balconies.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fedexretiree said:

Very helpful...thanks... Does anyone know if Princess has Miller Lite beer?  That is the only beer that my friend will drink..lol

Yes, Miller Lite was on the standard drinks menu on our cruise on Sky Princess in October 2019

https://britsonaship.files.wordpress.com/2020/12/dm7.jpg?w=1024

Edited by dides

If you go to the Princess website and click on "Onboard Our Ships", then under

Ship Information, click on "Deck Plans" and then go to Enchanted Princess and click on

her Deck Plans.

It will be easy to compare the sizes of the balconies.

For example, go to the Dolphin Deck and you will see the two sizes of balconies.

D146 is great and D144 is not.

4 hours ago, nini said:

If you go to the Princess website and click on "Onboard Our Ships", then under

Ship Information, click on "Deck Plans" and then go to Enchanted Princess and click on

her Deck Plans.

It will be easy to compare the sizes of the balconies.

For example, go to the Dolphin Deck and you will see the two sizes of balconies.

D146 is great and D144 is not.

awesome...thanks

@fedexretiree if you are currently booked into a BB under the "Best Sale Ever" promotion, ask your travel agent to switch you to one of the BD rooms on Dolphin Deck.  It should be at the same price as "Best Sale Ever" includes a location upgrade from BF up to BB (and anything in between).  If you booked under another promo then pricing/perks could be subject to change.

If your agent does not understand this, or is unwilling to make the change, you may not be working with the right agent!  It's a simple 30-45 second change using the Princess travel agent system, even if changing pricing/promos is necessary.  

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

1 minute ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

@fedexretiree if you are currently booked into a BB under the "Best Sale Ever" promotion, ask your travel agent to switch you to one of the BD rooms on Dolphin Deck.  It should be at the same price as "Best Sale Ever" includes a location upgrade from BF up to BB (and anything in between).  If you booked under another promo then pricing/perks could be subject to change.

If your agent does not understand this, or is unwilling to make the change, you may not be working with the right agent!  It's a simple 30-45 second change using the Princess travel agent system, even if changing pricing/promos is necessary.  

GREAT INFO THANKS... we were booked under Best Sale Ever..

10 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Assume you are referring to the 10 BD cabins aft with the larger balconies. They might be in high demand and already sold out. If you are able to get one have your booking marked no upgrade. Otherwise you could be 'upgraded' to a cabin with a standard size balcony. 

5 hours ago, skynight said:

Assume you are referring to the 10 BD cabins aft with the larger balconies. They might be in high demand and already sold out. If you are able to get one have your booking marked no upgrade. Otherwise you could be 'upgraded' to a cabin with a standard size balcony. 

As skynight has stated, it is VERY IMPORTANT to have NO UPGRADE on your account!

What Princess sees as an upgrade is very not an upgrade in the Customer's opinion!

Some agents are not too savvy!. We were on an Alaskan cruise with my Father-in-law and two other couples. The owner of the agency did not properly link us as traveling together and my FIL

was moved to a cabin that Princess deemed as an upgrade. It really was not... it was just further

away from us (on the aft) and heading to the middle of the ship.

12 minutes ago, nini said:

As skynight has stated, it is VERY IMPORTANT to have NO UPGRADE on your account!

What Princess sees as an upgrade is very not an upgrade in the Customer's opinion!

Some agents are not too savvy!. We were on an Alaskan cruise with my Father-in-law and two other couples. The owner of the agency did not properly link us as traveling together and my FIL

was moved to a cabin that Princess deemed as an upgrade. It really was not... it was just further

away from us (on the aft) and heading to the middle of the ship.

Thanks.   Would hate to do all this research on the cabins and get on board only to find out I was... upgraded...  going to go with a BD on Dolphin deck