Pfizer vaccine formally approved in Oz

7 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

The only thing I can find with a date says in March.

But that was posted on 4 Feb. everything still couched in terms of vaccine arrival and TGA approval.

In other news, the state Health Department is looking for a Director of Communications. $250-360k. Big bucks to sort this mess out.

Is the Director of Communications to organise vaccinations or simply communicate the details of the programme to the public?

6 hours ago, By The Bay said:

"Proof of vaccination will be recorded on the existing Australian Immunisation Register which can be accessed via MyGov or the Express Plus Medicare mobile app." Source SMH.

This is where I had assumed they would be - I can access all my current vaccination records with dates via MyGov. I think it’s quite neat - no needing to remember 😉

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

This is where I had assumed they would be - I can access all my current vaccination records with dates via MyGov. I think it’s quite neat - no needing to remember 😉

As long as you are not a conspiracy theorist. 😁Someone I know says they don't want their personal information to be available. I don't mind. If I have to have emergency medical treatment, I prefer that the hospital (or wherever) can access my information.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

As long as you are not a conspiracy theorist. 😁Someone I know says they don't want their personal information to be available. I don't mind. If I have to have emergency medical treatment, I prefer that the hospital (or wherever) can access my information.

I like the idea of having all my health information in one place, my only problem is government websites have had a pretty bad history of being successfully hacked😳. It would be better if they would invest in better cyber security. 

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

Agree with you, I have no problem with my medical information on MyGov.

If anyone has ever tried to get an Australian Govt department to do something for them they will know that their info is going to be pretty safe.

And I don’t have anything to hide (or of any interest) anyway.  😂

1 minute ago, ilikeanswers said:

I like the idea of having all my health information in one place, my only problem is government websites have had a pretty bad history of being successfully hacked😳. It would be better if they would invest in better cyber security. 

But seriously, what would a hacker do with any of our information, particularly medical??

Don’t think it’s the average John Citizens information that hackers want 🙄

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

But seriously, what would a hacker do with any of our information, particularly medical??

Don’t think it’s the average John Citizens information that hackers want 🙄

Because it is worth money 🤑

Hacked: MyGov accounts for sale on dark web

And here is why they would target My Health:

What Could A My Health Record Data Breach Look Like?

Edited by ilikeanswers

37 minutes ago, NSWP said:

We should have got the  national identity card but the radical irriots rejected it.

Some people have things to hide, I do not.

The joke is (IMO), that various radicals objected to a national identity card because it would take away our civil liberties. But I have noticed that, for several years now, my full name and D.O.B. are used as a virtual ID card.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The joke is (IMO), that various radicals objected to a national identity card because it would take away our civil liberties. But I have noticed that, for several years now, my full name and D.O.B. are used as a virtual ID card.

Ones driver licence has everything on it, name, dob, address.

On 2/17/2021 at 1:00 PM, getting older slowly said:

One thing I have noticed.... other states are stating they are starting vaccination next week ..    what is happening in Victoria ?? are we starting next week ??

Nothing on Abc or Vic Gov Web sites ???

Don

As I have said before Don - An abundance of caution in Vic

3 minutes ago, Ondine said:

As I have said before Don - An abundance of caution in Vic

Or they have misplace it...

OH  you need syringes as well... did we order them ??? 

Forgot to turn the freezer on.....

and may I please have a pint of caution with a good head..

Don

• Like 2
  • Haha 1