Positivity Thread!

ScratchTheRat

On 2/9/2021 at 4:55 AM, ScratchTheRat said:

Okay let's do a new question.... What is the ONE thing you love most about Carnival specifically?

I like that it's not "snooty" and the crowd is a lot of fun and very friendly.  People are always chatting each other up and making new friends all the time. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2021 at 8:01 AM, joeyancho said:

My positivity:   I recieved the first dose of the vaccine and will receive the second dose next Saturday.   I am that much closer to cruising.   

My first dose is booked for Sunday!!!  Our Province has just taken another step back with new restrictions based on the variant cases now BUT they have changed our reopen plan from Numbers in Hospital to Number of Vaccinated People as they are predicting 72% of our population will be vaccinated by Sept.  And i truly miss the great food and fun atmosphere as well.

I haven't read every post in this thread, but thanks to the OP for promoting positivity!  I've said over and over if you're on these boards and are able to cruise, no matter how often or how little, you are blessed!  And that's just one of your many blessings - did you get up this morning?  Do you have food available to you?  Fresh water? Indoor plumbing? Your home? Good health for you? Good health for your family? Your faith? I could go on and on..... Count your blessings and you can't help but be positive - too blessed to be stressed!  My husband received his 2nd dose yesterday; I'll get mine one week from today.  More blessings!  If I could name just ONE food I'm missing from cruising right now it's definitely the Carnival Chocolate Melting Cake - none other like it at sea! And on a related note, I am SO missing the crew members.  We just love talking to them and getting to know them.  Just good folk!  I can honestly say when we get to finally step aboard our next ship, my emotions will over take me to the point of just falling down on the deck and crying......and giving thanks that I'm able to do so!  🥰

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

I haven't read every post in this thread, but thanks to the OP for promoting positivity!  I've said over and over if you're on these boards and are able to cruise, no matter how often or how little, you are blessed!  And that's just one of your many blessings - did you get up this morning?  Do you have food available to you?  Fresh water? Indoor plumbing? Your home? Good health for you? Good health for your family? Your faith? I could go on and on..... Count your blessings and you can't help but be positive - too blessed to be stressed!  My husband received his 2nd dose yesterday; I'll get mine one week from today.  More blessings!  If I could name just ONE food I'm missing from cruising right now it's definitely the Carnival Chocolate Melting Cake - none other like it at sea! And on a related note, I am SO missing the crew members.  We just love talking to them and getting to know them.  Just good folk!  I can honestly say when we get to finally step aboard our next ship, my emotions will over take me to the point of just falling down on the deck and crying......and giving thanks that I'm able to do so!  🥰

YES!

I'm missing the people too. The way the room stewards greet you when they see you, the way your waiters remember things about you and what you enjoy...just a dream 🙂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

YES!

I'm missing the people too. The way the room stewards greet you when they see you, the way your waiters remember things about you and what you enjoy...just a dream 🙂

I know!!!!  Oh, I hope all of the crew members are doing well.  We've even been fortunate enough to have some of the same wait staff on different cruises.....and they always remember us!

What food item am I missing most... what's the character limit for posts on this board- lol. I miss the pizza, naturally and the 12 Hour French Toast at brunch, the Strawberry Soup and the Chef's table which was one of the best meals I've ever had and many many more. Well, and I also miss every single thing on the Alchemy menu, that too. 😛

On 4/7/2021 at 8:32 AM, ScratchTheRat said:

What itinerary/port have you wanted to try but not had the chance yet?

For me I've always wanted to do an Alaska cruise!

Love Alaska we have gone there twice........but what we miss most is the Chef's Table it has always been a great experience.

On 4/7/2021 at 8:32 AM, ScratchTheRat said:

What itinerary/port have you wanted to try but not had the chance yet?

For me I've always wanted to do an Alaska cruise!

Wow- A lot! LOL but I really want to do like something hitting Egypt/Red Sea Area someday and something around the coast of South America both take a lot of travel time though so I'll probably be waiting until I retire in like three decades- Alaska is on my list as well though, maybe next summer. 

• 3 weeks later...

We'll be on a ship before we know it with a new outlook on cruising. Less capacity hopefully will mean more enjoyment. Hopefully we won't see onboard fights between passengers, Friendlier Crew, no racing to get into line and more compassion!

• Like 1

We will definitely have a new appreciation for the opportunity to cruise once it begins again.  I miss it and have focused on other types of vacations.  It's not the same, but it will do until we can cruise again.  Hopefully, it will be this year.  

I miss the comedy shows, relaxing on the pool deck, visiting new places, meeting new people, splurging on food I don't normally eat, and unplugging from regular life.  It's such a peaceful feeling to be out at sea where all I can see is water.  It is the biggest stress release for me and nothing matches that feeling.  When cruising begins, I can't wait to read all of the trip reports and experience my own.

On 2/13/2021 at 12:45 PM, JerseyGirlJen said:

I like that it's not "snooty" and the crowd is a lot of fun and very friendly.  People are always chatting each other up and making new friends all the time. 

THIS!!! 100% non-pretentious crowd.  

• Like 1