Positivity Thread!

ScratchTheRat

I don’t sleep well most nights at home. On a cruise, it is completely different. If I do wake up I go out onto the balcony and the rhythm of the waves soon works it’s magic. I love the chatter at meal times. We love the bars where you can get to know the staff and they soon get to know your tipple. I love that there is no pressure, if you want to do something, there is lots to do. If not, you can just relax and do your own thing. We have had two cruises cancelled and expecting our May one to be cancelled any time soon. Our last cruise was last March to the Caribbean, we were on one of the last flights home before lockdown. I have resurrected our cancelled cruises. Hopefully Eastern Med in September, Canaries in February 22 and Baltic in June 22. Fingers crossed. Keep safe.

• Like 6

I miss cumberland ring and mash and also lamb shank in the MDR.  We once had a very posh lady at our table who couldn't believe how low P&O had sunk serving main courses in a bowl rather than on a plate!

I REALLY miss cruising though and right now would settle for beans on toast in the MDR as long as someone else had cooked it for me 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Waju said:

I miss cumberland ring and mash and also lamb shank in the MDR.  We once had a very posh lady at our table who couldn't believe how low P&O had sunk serving main courses in a bowl rather than on a plate!

I REALLY miss cruising though and right now would settle for beans on toast in the MDR as long as someone else had cooked it for me 🙂

Serving main courses in a bowl.... as in keeping up with modern presentation styles! How funny!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Serving main courses in a bowl.... as in keeping up with modern presentation styles! How funny!

I like my main courses in a bowl, stops me flicking my peas all over the floor😁😉

Avril

• Haha 2

On 1/29/2021 at 2:25 AM, ScratchTheRat said:

I started one of these on another board and I think it could be useful here too.

We're seeing a lot of negativity on CC lately and I understand the world isn't the brightest place at the moment, but we've come through worse and we'll learn from it.

So let's make this thread about POSITIVITY! I don't mean it's for hippies and deluded folk but instead just reminding ourselves why we're here, this is a place to share our love for cruising, not to gripe about politics of healthcare!

So let's start with.... what meal/food item are you missing most from your P&O Cruise? 🙂

...missing most from P&O cruise?  Actually I'm missing any P&O cruise.  Never been on one.  But we love the UK, Brits,  etc. but as Yanks from the colonies, we just haven't made it to P&O.  Maybe some day we'll get lucky!  We're tremendous fans of British comedy and culture.

Scratch: This positivity thread is so nice!  Thanks!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

This will be my first P&O cruise and I'm super excited to see how it all goes 🙂

How exciting. First cruises are very special. Be prepared to spend lots of money in the years ahead as they are the very best way to travel and see the world!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

How exciting. First cruises are very special. Be prepared to spend lots of money in the years ahead as they are the very best way to travel and see the world!

I've sailed on 7 Carnival Cruises. Have my first P&O and my first Norwegian cruises booked!

22 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Do you not bring the bowl up to your mouth and slurp them down? 🙄😂

Oh  your comment made me smile....up to yet only only one has admitted to doing that....and only when they are on a table for 2 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just thought of something else I miss - a slice of 'thick' toast in the mornings - grilled to order with butter and either marmite (I know don't judge me), peanut butter or marmalade.  I only discovered, this time last year as it happens, that you could order thick toast and that's after about 200 nights on P&O!!

I try to avoid all the lovely bread on a cruise but do treat myself a couple of times a week to this toast.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Today's question: What is most important to you when booking a cruise?

• The Dates
  • The Itinerary
  • The Ship
  • Other (Please Specify!) Choice of cabin .

All of them 

48 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Today's question: What is most important to you when booking a cruise?

• The Dates
  • The Itinerary
  • The Ship
  • Other (Please Specify!)

The first 3, but the order might be different each time, and a good accessible cabin and ship is essential, and of course price will have an impact.