Cruise with Confidence thought

I have been thinking about the fact that we have this little safety net with the Cruise with Confidence program in that we can cancel if necessary and get FCC since we booked by 1/31.  If I'm not mistaken the prices were supposed to be guaranteed as well, but usually when you reprice due to a price drop, they give you a new booking date.  Soooooo, would we be giving up the CWC benefit if we reprice?  I hope that a) this make sense and b) one of the TA members might have the answer to this.

I should add that I did read that the price guarantee would be provided via onboard credit, so maybe they won't change the reservation date? 

Thanks!

Nancy

Edited by nancy2vues
typo

1 hour ago, nancy2vues said:

but usually when you reprice due to a price drop, they give you a new booking date. 

No, they don't. CWC does not affect repricing other than the added benefit of getting it inside final payment.

Edited by Biker19

My original booking date has always stayed in place when I've received price drops or made any other changes to a reservation. There is sequential numbering on any subsequent invoices. I suspect that is so they can follow the chain back to the original booking if the need arises.

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

There is sequential numbering on any subsequent invoices. I suspect that us so they can follow the chain back to the original booking if the need arises.

It helps pinpoint when something got screwed up on a reservation.  They can follow along every change made.  I’ve to use it more than once to show them something odd happened.  Makes it easy for me as I can just tell them to reference a certain invoice number.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, nancy2vues said:

I have been thinking about the fact that we have this little safety net with the Cruise with Confidence program in that we can cancel if necessary and get FCC since we booked by 1/31.  If I'm not mistaken the prices were supposed to be guaranteed as well, but usually when you reprice due to a price drop, they give you a new booking date.  Soooooo, would we be giving up the CWC benefit if we reprice?  I hope that a) this make sense and b) one of the TA members might have the answer to this.

I should add that I did read that the price guarantee would be provided via onboard credit, so maybe they won't change the reservation date? 

Thanks!

Nancy

Did the cruise with confidence which would include price drop guarantees get extended to April 31st except for the lift and *****?

I booked two cruises on Saturday(01/30/2021), with a NRD the states “a change fee of $100pp will apply for ship or sail date change. The booking is currently subject to  USD 900.00 cancellation penalties at time of this booking invoice 30 Jan 2021.” 
Did Celebrity just do an about face on the cruise with confidence? 

Hal

Edited by HS2BS
Wording

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

My original booking date has always stayed in place when I've received price drops or made any other changes to a reservation. There is sequential numbering on any subsequent invoices. I suspect that is so they can follow the chain back to the original booking if the need arises.

Okay, thank you!  It seems like they sometimes lose the original info, but that's great news.  I appreciate your response.

11 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

Did the cruise with confidence which would include price drop guarantees get extended to April 31st except for the lift and *****?

Only 30 days in April and I guess you left out the letter f in shift.  😂

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, HS2BS said:

I booked two cruises on Saturday(01/30/2021), with a NRD the states “a change fee of $100pp will apply for ship or sail date change. The booking is currently subject to  USD 900.00 cancellation penalties at time of this booking invoice 30 Jan 2021.” 
Did Celebrity just do an about face on the cruise with confidence? 

Hal

That verbiage was on all the bookings.  CWC waives those penalties as long as the booking qualifies for CWC