B2B IN EUROPE

Anyislandwilldo

Not much. Ive done a couple. The best B2B I ever did was the Horizon 10 days out of Barcelona and then the TA in 2018. There were about 1,000 of us who were doing B2B. On the morning we arrived back in Barcelona for the end of that first cruise, they lined us up at 8am and we got our new SnS cards and then a new photo and out the door. Ive never had that done so fast. Once there were 12 of us for cruises in the US and they messed around for about 3 hours. On the Horizon they were organized and had tables set up with the decks in order and then out cards in the envelopes on that part of the tables in order. 

If you dont want to wait for your new SnS you can use the 'Transit' card they give you on the last day to get off and on the ship and then go to Guest Services for your new SnS to get back into your cabin (the keying thingy will be changed)  You dont have to wait in line to check in. Just go through security and show the card as you go. Ive never had any problem with doing that. If Im doing B2B in the US I like to go to the parking garage to check on my car and to get more items for the next cruise.  

A couple of days before you dock for the 1st cruise you will be asked if you want to stay at the same MDR table or waiters and to give your preference. You might also receive the new Adventures brochure the evening before you dock. Since you are staying on you are now part of 'the crew' and everyone knows your name.  

You should receive a basket of fruit and a bottle of Champagne the first day of your next cruise.

• Like 1

Yes I have done many B2Bs in Europe.  Usually the last European cruise followed by the TA.  Really great as you can relax on the TA. Often works out to be a 28 day cruise, 12 days in Europe followed by a  16 day TA.

As sailingships mentions you get a fruit basket and bottle of champagne at the start of your second cruise.

• Like 2

We did a B2B on the Freedom in 2007 and it was super easy.  We received our new Sign and Sail cards the night before and we could come and go as we pleased.  Since we were in Europe we did not have to go through customs between cruises because we would have to do that at the airport when we finally left Europe.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 2:49 PM, sailingships said:

Not much. Ive done a couple. The best B2B I ever did was the Horizon 10 days out of Barcelona and then the TA in 2018. There were about 1,000 of us who were doing B2B. On the morning we arrived back in Barcelona for the end of that first cruise, they lined us up at 8am and we got our new SnS cards and then a new photo and out the door. Ive never had that done so fast. Once there were 12 of us for cruises in the US and they messed around for about 3 hours. On the Horizon they were organized and had tables set up with the decks in order and then out cards in the envelopes on that part of the tables in order. 

If you dont want to wait for your new SnS you can use the 'Transit' card they give you on the last day to get off and on the ship and then go to Guest Services for your new SnS to get back into your cabin (the keying thingy will be changed)  You dont have to wait in line to check in. Just go through security and show the card as you go. Ive never had any problem with doing that. If Im doing B2B in the US I like to go to the parking garage to check on my car and to get more items for the next cruise.  

A couple of days before you dock for the 1st cruise you will be asked if you want to stay at the same MDR table or waiters and to give your preference. You might also receive the new Adventures brochure the evening before you dock. Since you are staying on you are now part of 'the crew' and everyone knows your name.  

You should receive a basket of fruit and a bottle of Champagne the first day of your next cruise.

that was our best cruise to date, but we did not receive a fruit basket and Champagne. Oh well we booked the Pride for Oct.21 Rome to Lisbon Portugal and T/A on the Celebration Nov.6 Southampton to Miami i will be on the look-out for a fruit basket and Champagne.

• Like 1

Just now, telebax51 said:

that was our best cruise to date, but we did not receive a fruit basket and Champagne. Oh well we booked the Pride for Oct.21 Rome to Lisbon Portugal and T/A on the Celebration Nov.6 Southampton to Miami i will be on the look-out for a fruit basket and Champagne.

that is year 2022

• Like 1

We did a B2B 2 years ago in Europe with NCL.  They had a meeting for the B2B passengers the day before the first debarkation to go over the basic protocols - they suggested that only one person from your party needed to attend.  They gave us stickers to wear the morning of debarkation so that no crew would try to corral us toward the gangway; they also said to stop by customer service that night or the next morning to get our new key cards.  The crew said that they were surprised that there were less than 20 passengers doing the B2B as they usually had 100-200 at least.  For me this led to a minor, but entertaining highlight of our cruise - from about 8 AM until just after noontime on debarkation day there were NO passengers on the pool deck (or anywhere else on the ship really) - even though the pools / hot tubs, etc were open.  Eerily quiet and relaxing.  We also took the opportunity to walk around the ship a little when it was vacant - also strange to see the buffet all set up with no passengers.  After scores of cruises, this was the first time we had experienced that - just and interesting B2B experience...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, telebax51 said:

BTB same ship Carnival Horizon same cabin 23 days no fruit basket no Champagne maybe not all BTB but we had the best cruise to date.

Well, I guess we win some and lose some.  🙂  😞

Thanks for the info.

Was your cruise a European cruise?

Edited by tandemcruzr
Correction

3 hours ago, tandemcruzr said:

Well, I guess we win some and lose some.  🙂  😞

Thanks for the info.

Was your cruise a European cruise?

Yes we did the last 2 European cruise before T/A to New York, i hope the Celebration have no delays looking forward to the T/A to Miami want to spent some time in Disney before our flight home.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 7:04 PM, maryann2 said:

Yes I have done many B2Bs in Europe.  Usually the last European cruise followed by the TA.  Really great as you can relax on the TA. Often works out to be a 28 day cruise, 12 days in Europe followed by a  16 day TA.

As sailingships mentions you get a fruit basket and bottle of champagne at the start of your second cruise.

We got nothing when we did the last European cruise then the TA on the Vista.

Yes you are right. I was thinking about the good old days!!

Possibly because I think about 500 people were doing the B2B.

How are you doing Lynn and Dennis?  I am booked on the Celebration TA Nov. 2022. Hope the ship is ready by then.

Just now, bitemyfly said:

I don’t mean to hijack the thread , since there a some experienced euro cruiser folk, do you stay over night in ports  ? 

Not as a rule.

We did stay overnight in Monaco on the Dream many years ago. This was because there had been a bad storm in the Med and we had to miss Barcelona!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, maryann2 said:

Yes you are right. I was thinking about the good old days!!

Possibly because I think about 500 people were doing the B2B.

How are you doing Lynn and Dennis?  I am booked on the Celebration TA Nov. 2022. Hope the ship is ready by then.

We're OK. We both had separate accidents (not car) last year that we are still recovering from. We both had our first shot last week. How are you? My e-mail is still the same if you want to write. 

17 hours ago, cruises42 said:

We're OK. We both had separate accidents (not car) last year that we are still recovering from. We both had our first shot last week. How are you? My e-mail is still the same if you want to write. 

You have mail.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We also booked the Sept 2, 2022 London to Rome and then the Sept 11 Rome round trip.  It will be our 1st B2B and we are both super excited.  So many amazing ports to research and details to work out.  But my main question is, on the switch over day in Rome, will Carnival have any excursions available for those of us doing the second leg?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jgilbert813 said:

But my main question is, on the switch over day in Rome, will Carnival have any excursions available for those of us doing the second leg?  

A few years ago, Carnival offered multiple excursions for B2B guests when we were in Barcelona on switchover day.  They certainly wouldn't want to pass up an opportunity for additional revenue.

23 hours ago, TomCruise48 said:

A few years ago, Carnival offered multiple excursions for B2B guests when we were in Barcelona on switchover day.  They certainly wouldn't want to pass up an opportunity for additional revenue.

That makes sense.