Cruise Next, Future Cruise Cruise Credits Etc Extended.

vpearlkc

It's not quite that simple.  In order to get the extension you have to book a cruise before that date (Dec 2021) or else your certificate expires.  They can extend the certificate to cruises up to 18 months out.  Here is the kicker: If you book a cruise for Jan 2022 and then want to cancel for a cruise further out your certificates are considered "expired".  However if you book a cruise for May 2023 and want to cancel and cruise sooner they can apply those certificates to that cruise.

Here it is:-

WE’RE THINKING OF YOU FIRST.

Dear Valued Guests,

Our Guests First philosophy puts you at the heart of every decision, which is why during these extraordinary times we are doing our part to provide you with peace of mind however and whenever we can.

As such, today, I am proud to announce an extension for all active Future Cruise Credits, CruiseNext and CruiseFirst certificates that currently have an expiry date prior to December 31, 2021.

This extension now adjusts the ‘book by’ date for these credits and certificates until December 31, 2021, all while remaining towards any sailings through December 31, 2022 or original sailing date on your certificate, if later

Our hope is that the extension of our ‘book by’ date will reassure and inspire you to transform your

destination daydreams into vacation reality. It goes without saying that our first priority is always your health, safety, security and well-being so I encourage you to read all about the good work we are doing at www.ncl.com/book-with-confidence

I hope you and your friends and family will join me very soon in exploring the world in the safety and comfort of an amazing Norwegian Cruise Line ship.

If you have questions or would like to redeem your discount, please contact your Travel Advisor, call us at (866) 234-7350 or visit us at www.ncl.com

Until then,

Harry Sommer

President & CEO

Norwegian Cruise

=================================

I would have been far happier with the situation if the BOOK BY date had been Dec 2022 and the SAIL BY date had been Dec 2023.

Note he piece I have bolded and underlined!!   What does it mean?  How do you redeem a discount?

I wonder why I no longer get emails from NCL for almost a year? I noticed on their website that 2 of my cruises were recently cancelled, and rebooked one. No update notices from them or my cruise consultant. Anyway probably the FCC rules will morph yet again before I face next cancellation.

Edited by dumbth

I need some clarification as it applies to CruiseNext Certificates. They dont use book by dates they use Sail By dates of expuration, seeing this relief and new notice of extension applies to CruiseNext certs, how does their language applicable to book by dates apply? Will they just be extended through Dec 2022?

Edited by BoundForSea

Got an email a few days ago reminding me the CruiseNext cert in my account from a canceled Jan cruise expires in April.  I called today and asked if it could be extended.  I was told I was on the list for it to be automatically extended by the system but she was happy to do it manually while on the phone.  She told me my "Book By" date is June 30, 2021 but "Sail By" date was good until Dec 2022.  This is different than the information casofilia provided above, below is what shows in my account.  Wonder what it will say if I end up getting an email too.

image.png.5a48a7a656567002a65f9b2341a2813f.png

4 hours ago, Indyopie said:

Got an email a few days ago reminding me the CruiseNext cert in my account from a canceled Jan cruise expires in April.  I called today and asked if it could be extended.  I was told I was on the list for it to be automatically extended by the system but she was happy to do it manually while on the phone.  She told me my "Book By" date is June 30, 2021 but "Sail By" date was good until Dec 2022.  This is different than the information casofilia provided above, below is what shows in my account.  Wonder what it will say if I end up getting an email too.

I got the email and mine still shows June on My NCL as well. I’m guessing it will take a few days or weeks for them to make the date change on the backend.

17 hours ago, BoundForSea said:

I need some clarification as it applies to CruiseNext Certificates. They dont use book by dates they use Sail By dates of expuration, seeing this relief and new notice of extension applies to CruiseNext certs, how does their language applicable to book by dates apply? Will they just be extended through Dec 2022?

My understanding is that a CruiseNext cert MAY be extended one time as a courtesy.  This allows you to book by the expiration date and sail as much as a year after that expiration.  However - if you or NCL cancels THAT cruise you lose the money as it returns to your account with the original expiration (a challenge many people are currently having even without the courtesy extension).

6 hours ago, cksv said:

I got the email and mine still shows June on My NCL as well. I’m guessing it will take a few days or weeks for them to make the date change on the backend.

Just checked and my acct. also shows my old expiration date of 8/27/21.  Not worried, as I printed out the email and put it in my cruise folder just in case.

21 hours ago, Indyopie said:

I ended up getting 2 emails 😀.  Not worried about my account updating from 4/8/2021 to 6/30/2021 (after she changed it) since I have these now.