Options for Guests Booked on 8 day itineraries

satxdiver

Received this email today.  We are booked on the Dream 9/11/2021 for 8 day cruise.

Options for Guests Booked on 8-day Itineraries Through October 31, 2021
Dear Carnival Cruise Line Guest:
In December, we wrote about your 8-day cruise itinerary, and our plans to find a solution to comply with the
U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention’s (CDC) Conditional Sailing Order which limits cruises from
the U.S. to no longer than 7 days on voyages that embark through October 31, 2021.
As you know, the return of cruise operations in the U.S. is still not determined. We remain committed to
finding a solution for your cruise, as well as securing options for a return to guest operations just as soon as
possible. However, we want to give you some options so you can choose what works best for you and your
vacation plans.

Option 1: Maintain your existing reservation (including making any final payment that might come due) as
we continue to explore options and automatically receive a US$100, per stateroom, onboard credit (OBC)
should the cruise operate. This is in addition to any other OBC currently on the booking.
If the cruise is eventually cancelled, and you haven’t already received our enhanced value offer, you
will be entitled to what we have provided guests throughout this extended pause: a future cruise credit
(FCC) for the amount paid on your booking, PLUS a US$600, per stateroom, OBC, as long as your
FCC is used on a booking made by September 30, 2021 for a sailing departing by April 30, 2023. At
the time of the sailing cancellation, you will still have the option to receive a full refund.

If you choose this option, you do not have to take any action at this time. We will continue to keep
you informed of the status of your cruise.

Option 2: If you are not comfortable waiting to see the options we might be able to arrange, you may
cancel any time between now and March 31, 2021 and receive a full refund to your original form of payment.
If you booked with an FCC, you will receive a refund for any amount paid above the FCC. You will
retain the FCC (and the accompanying OBC) as long as your next cruise is booked by September 30,
2021 for a sailing departing by April 30, 2023.
Taxes, fees and port expenses, Carnival Vacation Protection, pre-paid gratuities, pre-purchased
Carnival shore excursions, beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and Fun Shop purchases will also be
automatically refunded to the original form of payment.
If the cruise is eventually cancelled, and your booking did not already have an FCC/OBC, you will not
be eligible for the rebooking offer made to guests who remain on the sailing.
You may make this selection by using our online tool available here. There is no need to call. Our
contact center continues to experience a high level of activity and calling will not expedite your refund.

We appreciate your ongoing patience and support and look forward to welcoming you aboard a Carnival
ship just as soon as possible.

• Like 1

I am booked on an 8-night over Thanksgiving. This is getting a bit crazy. I know expect ours to follow suit as well in a few months. I fully expect 2021 to be fully canceled. With CCL going after more junk debt, it is a sign they have no solution. If sailing does not have a start date by July 1 (not necessarily sailing, but an actual date when cruising can start in 2021), I expect bankruptcy to start in order to protect what they can.

8 day cruises have not been cancelled. Maybe the CDC will allow them, or maybe Carnival will modify them to be 7 day cruises. Or maybe you will spend the last night tied up at the dock with an option to disembark early. Or maybe...

I think the limit on longer cruises expired in the fall sometime, unless maybe...

Carnival has stated they have more than enough cash on hand to survive 2021 without cruises, but maybe they are taking advantage of lower interest rates loands (and unsecured at that), to pay off high interest debt.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

8 day cruises have not been cancelled. Maybe the CDC will allow them, or maybe Carnival will modify them to be 7 day cruises. Or maybe you will spend the last night tied up at the dock with an option to disembark early. Or maybe...

I think the limit on longer cruises expired in the fall sometime, unless maybe...

Carnival has stated they have more than enough cash on hand to survive 2021 without cruises, but maybe they are taking advantage of lower interest rates loands (and unsecured at that), to pay off high interest debt.

The cdc 40 pages of protocols including no cruises over 7 days expires nov 1, 2021, which is why carnival is sending this out to booked cruises 8 days and longer thru oct.

• Like 1

My May 15th sailing on the Carnival Horizon was not cancelled..... yet. 

The e-mail I received this morning asked if I wanted to cancel?

I'll hang in there, why not?

The offer is $100 additional OBC for my patience while things develop.

I'm not certain what "if the cruise operates" means.  If they shorten to 7 nights, I would expect more.

In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

David

10 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I don't think that is the case at all. They are now looking to get $600M of below junk bond status in funding. I think they are in far more trouble than they lead to believe. Some analysts have even released new price targets of their stock to $14. The cruise lines are in grave danger of bankruptcy unless the CDC finally puts a stake in the ground and say cruising can start on date XX/XX/XXXX if you meet criteria A-Z.

Got the same letter yesterday, but the refund page doesn't work because the date is considered as "invalid" whatever date your type. What a joke.

In our country we have a famous cartoon where a postman brings a parcel to village inhabitants just to tell them that they can't get it because they are pets so they have no IDs.

11 hours ago, LatinaInTexas said:

I am booked on the 8 day Dream 8/28/2021 with a Key West stop. If it changes down to a 7 day do you also get compensated for losing a day? Only have a $100 deposit invested so far while I play wait and see for the next couple months.

No one knows yet what they will do. Rcl changed some 8 days to 7 days and they "protected your price". Prices have gone up, but still I might have expected some pro ration, but rcl has been much more tight fisted with money than carnival who throws obcs at you right and left.

I'm worried my sept cruise will go at all, dont care what ports it stops at, just let the cruise go. Cdc seems to want to error on the side of over caution. We cant even get schools open, so idk about cruises. Too much politics involved. We now have over 220 on my roll call, would be a big disappointment to not cruise this sept.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

I don't think that is the case at all. They are now looking to get $600M of below junk bond status in funding. I think they are in far more trouble than they lead to believe. Some analysts have even released new price targets of their stock to $14. The cruise lines are in grave danger of bankruptcy unless the CDC finally puts a stake in the ground and say cruising can start on date XX/XX/XXXX if you meet criteria A-Z.

The naysayers have been predicting doom and gloom for over a year now. Some analysts were wrong then, and still are. Carnival is able to get unsecured money at lower interest rates than a year ago. That doesn't sound like bankruptcy to me. They have a challenging road ahead, but will pull through, and do without a government bailout.

• Like 2

I have a 10 day booked.this is going to be interesting.personally I hope they cancel and give me $600 in obc.i booked 2 cabins for a 4 day to nassau yesterday for August 2022 since my youngest grandson missed out on last summers cruise.so I can burn up my gift cards and then I'm done..I'll be upgrading the motor home and the pontoon boat.

• Like 2

I have an 8 day booked next February, and I think if it does go it'll be one of the first ones out of the gate.  I hate to say it, but I do hope it gets cancelled because I don't imagine it being a fun time with masks, restrictions, etc.  If it doesn't get cancelled I will take a chance and bump it out as far as the calendar allows.

I have an April 2022 8 day cruise booked with an FCC from April 2020. I honestly feel now I won’t even be sailing then. Like another said I won’t want to cruise with masks and covid rules although I am a true believer in social distancing and masks day to day. When I switched my cruise like many others I had faith this was going to be resolved by 2022. Now I am not convinced and feel I’ll end up losing the FCC due to Carnival going under or not wanting to vacation at sea masked and with thousands of people onboard. It’s a shame. I’ve loved the 18 cruises I’ve taken. 

11 hours ago, maynovmom said:

I have an April 2022 8 day cruise booked with an FCC from April 2020. I honestly feel now I won’t even be sailing then. Like another said I won’t want to cruise with masks and covid rules although I am a true believer in social distancing and masks day to day. When I switched my cruise like many others I had faith this was going to be resolved by 2022. Now I am not convinced and feel I’ll end up losing the FCC due to Carnival going under or not wanting to vacation at sea masked and with thousands of people onboard. It’s a shame. I’ve loved the 18 cruises I’ve taken. 

Same here.  I don't want to spend my vacation that way.  I booked my February 2022 in the summer of 2020 on a FCC, and I thought "it's a year and a half away, a lot will change".  Now, I think "not so much".  

Its disappointing because I'm finally at a point when I am able to cruise every year, sometimes twice a year, and now...this.  😭

• Like 1

We have an 8 day cruise booked for September which is why I received the missive from Carnival and a 7 day booked in November.  I imagine the 8 day September cruise will be changed to a 7 day with appropriate itinerary change and I hope less money.  We have balcony cabins so mask wearing is not a big issue since we can retire to our cabin and spend time on the balcony.  We order room service for breakfast most of the time and can easily order lunch and something for dinner.  We just love watching the ship moving through the sea.  Wearing masks and social distancing will not stop us.  We received our double vaccination now and are ready to go.

• Like 1