AmaWaterway continues cooperation with German company for 2021

steamboats

The German OTA which had a cooperation last year with AmaWaterways to run the AmaKristina and later the AmaStella has just announced that they will start out in May with the brand new ships AmaLucia and AmaSiena. The continue with the two itineraries on the Rhine river starting in Cologne (North to the Netherlands and South to Strasbourg and Cochem). There´s also a new more intense Moselle river itinerary offered. And later in August/September a Danube river itinerary out of Passau will follow.

So it looks like AmaWaterways is doing the best out of it. The prices for 2021 are a little higher than last year.

steamboats

I was wondering that as well. Does one have to be on European soil to book, or would the operator accept a booking from anywhere? It is exclusive to the one operator on the one website, but if you happen to be able to sail, say being in a low risk country, could you technically book and also be accepted on board?

I know the language is German on board.

notamermaid

Last year the cruises were only sold in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands. Those are not the regular AmaWaterways cruises. I doubt that US/Canadian passengers will be able to travel to Europe in the near future.

The AmaLucia starts out in May on the Rhine river and moves to Passau on the Danube river in August for 4 cruises. Then she returns to Cologne in September. The AmaSiena seems to run only in June and July on the Rhine river.

steamboats

@steamboats I had posted it a couple of days ago, in the thread on increasing popularity of river cruising, perhaps I spotted it by chance the day it came out. Since then jazzbeau has not objected as this is a separate branch from the TA. This is now called e-hoi cruises: https://www.e-hoi.de/amawaterways/sommer-flusskreuzfahrt/

Edit: For those interested in the itineraries. Scroll down. The Moselle one is short and nice. Perhaps I could report on it for my regional newspaper and get a free trip. 😉 

notamermaid

Edited by notamermaid
Added info

On 2/15/2021 at 3:03 PM, CaroleLee said:

Will this be for EU pax only- as in 2020 or do US & CAN pax have a chance?

Carole

That is not a question to the cruise company, as they will be happy to take bookings (and payments...) from wherever (but might not care for english-speaking guests as you might be used to with other operators). Just - they do not take the risk, if you are allowed to travel into the country, and as a no-show, or cancelling on short notice you will lose 95 percent of the cruise price, as their fineprint says. So, if US/CAN pax will have a chance, is a question to state regulations, both in Europe an in the US/CAN. At the moment the answer, as in 2020, the answer is "no". My glass bowl for the future is out of order right now.

• 2 weeks later...