What to do about an 8 day or more cruise?

jedi bobs

4 minutes ago, jedi bobs said:

Since the CDC says that there can not be a 8 day or longer cruise, and I am booked on a 8 day cruise what can I expect to be subed?  I am going to AMber Cove, La Romana, Aruba, and Curcau? 

When is the cruise?

That was my Horizon itinerary from last August that got cancelled. Was really excited about it since we've never been to any of those.

I was booked for the Horizon 8 day also, for May 15th. I changed mine to next year because I don't want to make my final payment and air arrangements, then find out I need to cancel or change. I really don't want to cruise yet, I'd rather wait until hopefully we don't have to take an excursion through the ship to get off at each island. I'm not telling you that you should do that, it's just what I did.

51 minutes ago, jedi bobs said:

Since the CDC says that there can not be a 8 day or longer cruise, and I am booked on a 8 day cruise what can I expect to be subed?  I am going to AMber Cove, La Romana, Aruba, and Curcau? 

As already asked, when?  The CDC guidelines are in place until November 2021, after which it is possible 8 day cruises will resume.

My records indicate that 8 day cruises have been banned by the CDC through October 31, 2021.

I had an 8 day cruise booked on the Horizon departing October 23rd and received an email from Carnival giving me two options available to me.  Jedi bobs, you should have received the same email from Carnival. 

I could wait it out and see if the CDC lifts its ban and they offered me $100 OBC to keep my reservation intact and pay the balance when due.  If the cruise is eventually cancelled, Carnival will give me an FCC and OBC or full refund.  The second option is to cancel the cruise before March 31, 2021 and receive a full refund of any payments made.  

I had booked a B2B with the October 23 cruise being the first week with non-refundable deposits on both weeks.  I called Carnival and re-booked my cruise for an 8 nighter on the Horizon the last week of November 2021 and the agent transferred the non-refundable deposits on both cruises to my newly booked cruise.  My final deposit is due in August and if Carnival doesn't cancel my cruise by then, I am going to call them and ask for an extension of my final payment date.  If I eventually pay off the balance and the cruise is cancelled, I will receive a full refund or FCC and OBC.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

I am on an 8-Night cruise in November. I am hoping it sails and more importantly that my family will be permitted to sail. 1 extra night on a cruise ship is no different than 5 extra minutes on an airplane. 

So I have to assume then you hope that the cruise lines do not make vaccines mandatory in order to cruise.  If this is indeed a short term mandate, then your family will not be able to cruise since kids can't get vaccinated.  Of course this is moot if your kids are 18+.