June 2021 Alaska Cruise

dwlmg

My June 2021 Alaska Cruise was locked for update this morning (25 Feb 2021).  I suspect it is the start of the cancellation process.  Earlier my air reservation was tagged as not available due to airline change on the site.

We are on the same cruise from June 8-18.   It seemed weird to get the airline flights after Canada prohibited the cruises until next year.  Wish Viking would go ahead and do the cancellation.  We plan on hitting a couple resorts in Tennessee and Virginia in place of the cruise.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, duquephart said:

You will not be disappointed. No Canada = no Alaska.

Equally, Eastern Seaboard Explorer starting in Montreal is obviously a no go, but as yet not cancelled, really frustrating. I fully I understand that Viking are very busy with the recent cancellations, but the no Canada cruising was announced before latest from Viking. I just wish they would be honest.

It is my understanding that CLIA is still in talks (begging?) with Canada.  Also heard there are talks with US about removing/relaxing the provisions of the Passenger Vessels Services Act.  I guess hoping against hope.  Of the two, I would hope for Canada first.  Congress has no interest in companies flagged/taxed in other countries, employing non-union labor being bailed out in any way.  Even though a great many cruise lines are ultimately US owned or partially owned.