Mariner Status and Beverage Package

Bethcb

If I book a cruise with the gratuities and beverage package included, I know that the money on gratuities count towards credits for mariner status. $300 equals 1 point. Does the same hold true for the included beverage package that's built into the cruise price? If so, how is it calculated?

It does.  It’s based on the value of the package 

Easy to do, just go in and see the cost if you were buying it.  You will be credited accordingly.  I was astounded when we were on our only time we had the package for one segment of our B2B cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Same experience as Jacqui here.  My husband and I were on a 10-night Zuiderdam (partial Panama Canal) with perks that included the beverage package, and we got credits for it.  I recall being absolutely shocked when I saw how our Mariner points had jumped, and realized it was because we'd gotten the maximum for the onboard spend...only way that happened was to get credited with the beverage package value.

We made it to three start a lot quicker thanks to that cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, kazu said:

Easy to do, just go in and see the cost if you were buying it.  You will be credited accordingly.  I was astounded when we were on our only time we had the package for one segment of our B2B cruise.

Good to know; I wasn't aware.  I wonder if the same will apply to the internet pkg?  

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

7 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good to know; I wasn't aware.  I wonder if the same will apply to the internet pkg?  

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Last year on Koningsdam I had pre payed for internet and there was no mariner points for it.  Actually it didn't even appear on the Final Guest Statement.  When I queried it at GS, was told that internet did not count towards points.

I had no idea either but I think we have only had the beverage package one time.  Now when it’s offered as a  promotion, we ask it to be removed and the cost of the cruise drops  $60-80/day.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Yes, it is.  At least it was on my sailing 😉 

We ARE paying for the perks in the price - reduced cost on our sailing but we are still paying 😉 so it makes sense it would count.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Last year on Koningsdam I had pre payed for internet and there was no mariner points for it.  Actually it didn't even appear on the Final Guest Statement.  When I queried it at GS, was told that internet did not count towards points.

Interesting.  I know in the past when I paid for internet on board it did count.  I always do the math after 😉 

But, I haven’t cruised since 2019 sad 😞 so perhaps it has now changed??

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, kazu said:

Interesting.  I know in the past when I paid for internet on board it did count.  I always do the math after 😉 

I thought it unusual,  but didn't pursue it as the mariners points allocated for that cruise were more than generous 😉

• Like 2

20 hours ago, kazu said:

That's good to know. I was completely unaware.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KirkNC said:

I had no idea either but I think we have only had the beverage package one time.  Now when it’s offered as a  promotion, we ask it to be removed and the cost of the cruise drops  $60-80/day.

I usually remove it too, but on our sailing with free grats (HSC), beverage package, internet, etc.  The cost differential was not that big.

In fact, the HSC and internet more than covered the difference.  We’ll still buy our wine packages, still bring on wine and pay corkage as the beverage package is not all encompassing for us.  But, it’s nice to have 😉 

• Like 1