Odyssey TA from Fl. 2022

Has anyone heard anything regarding the Odyssey not arriving in Florida and perhaps not making the TA sailing in April 2022. I am booked for it and then hopping on an NCL ship ( to use some FCCs) the next day...sort of a faux B2B. Im thinking I may have booked the NCL cruise too soon as it was mentioned on FB that the Odyssey will not be making a TA in 2022. Im thinking it was just a FaceBook arm chair speculation/guess but am curious to know if anyone else heard anything. RCL told me they have no plans at the moment to change any Odyssey itinerary except the changes previously announced. Thoughts? is anyone else booked for the TA (Florida to Rome) thanks

The Fall 2021 Odyssey Transatlantic has been cancelled, but that doesn't necessarily mean there won't be a Caribbean season from Ft. Lauderdale in late 2021/early 2022. The ship will probably sail to FL with crew only.

My guess or assumption is that they fall 2021 TA was cancelled so they can bring the ship to the US absent of guests.  Like we saw with other ships that did empty transatlantics recently they hung around near CocoCay before eventually coming into FL for supplies.  

This approach gives them time to isolate the crew from guest contact for at least 14 days.  As a new ship that has never visited the US before Odyssey will have extensive USCG inspections which may be more difficult to schedule and complete in 2021 requiring more time.  

By clearing her schedule and sailing over void of guests it gives them greater flexibility to ensure the first planned sailing on Nov. 11, 2021 can be executed.  This US inaugural and the subsequent sailings are high revenue.  There will be motivation to ensure they can be performed as planned.  

That's all speculation and how the world progresses with the pandemic over the summer could cause more changes to be made yet.