Compensation if your bumped? FCC now a cash refund?

4 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

I know the current orders regarding legal entry into the USA allow people who test negative for Sars-CoV-2 and also positive testers who've recovered and have a note from a doctor, as well as the vaccinated.

The vaccinated still need a test before entering: What if I have had a COVID-19 vaccine or have tested positive for antibodies? Do I still need a negative COVID-19 test or documentation of recovery from COVID-19?

Yes, at this time all air passengers traveling to the US, regardless of vaccination or antibody status, are required to provide a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery.

On 3/1/2021 at 3:27 PM, Trimone said:

Put it this way, if my September cruise is cancelled from Barcelona, I won’t accept FCC under any circumstances, only a refund, therefore I will have a chance to book a cruise out of Southampton.

Remember in administration FCC are valueless promises 

Your refund will be to the original form of payment. If you paid with FCC, that's what you'll get back. 

On 3/1/2021 at 5:37 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

Everyone keeps going back to the term "Original payment" well the original payment was cash. I did agree to accept FCC and book a cruise and sail by the end of 2021. Just because they keep extending it does not obligate me to accept it. That is not the original agreement especially since I kept to the terms and booked a cruise. Their ability to sail is their problem as non USA flagged vessels.

By choosing the FCC, you accepted the terms and conditions with the FCC. So, you will not 

Note FCCs have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash. If a guest opts to retain the FCC provided, the guest hereby agrees to all of NCL's terms and conditions associated with the FCC, which can also be found on www.ncl.com/cruise-faq. Please be advised that at no time will an FCC be redeemable for cash, including but not limited to situations of possible future cruise suspensions, displacements, cancellations or if the FCC exceeds the time in which it must be used.

What happens if a suspended sailing booking has a combination of cash deposits and FCC applied?

FULL CASH BOOKING: 100% monetary refund of fare paid back to the original form of payment.

FULL FCC BOOKING: 100% FCC value back to the guest’s Latitudes account.

CASH + FCC BOOKING: Portion paid with cash will receive monetary refund back to original form of payment. Portion paid with FCC will be applied back to the Latitudes account.

13 hours ago, zdcatc12 said:

The vaccinated still need a test before entering: What if I have had a COVID-19 vaccine or have tested positive for antibodies? Do I still need a negative COVID-19 test or documentation of recovery from COVID-19?

Yes, at this time all air passengers traveling to the US, regardless of vaccination or antibody status, are required to provide a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery.

Thank you, yes that is correct. My post should not have included the vaccinated as essentially being exempt. Thank you for the correction.

To continue with my getting "Bumped" thought due to over booking, I was on the phone with my travel insurance today purchasing a policy for a US land trip and asked a question about being bumped.

My question was, for a fall Africa cruise of 36 days with airfare purchased, what would happen if the cruise line bumped me due to over booking to my airfare? They told me it would not be covered especially since the ship sailed. Losing a trip due to over booking is not a covered reason.  I would need to reach out to the airline and hope I can get a refund.

Currently refunds are allowed till December 31,2021 on Qatar and my flight is on 1/1/2022.

So if someone ended up getting bumped I assume that the cruise line would need to cover lost monies.

Steve

Some people don’t recognise what overseas costs are involved when booking a cruise, from the U.K. to get a cruise from San Juan we have to get to London fly to Miami then on to San Juan, vast expense possibly at more than the cost of the cruise. For that reason after our next NCL cruise, I will only do European cruises, with one exception Australia in retirement.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trimone said:

Some people don’t recognise what overseas costs are involved when booking a cruise, from the U.K. to get a cruise from San Juan we have to get to London fly to Miami then on to San Juan, vast expense possibly at more than the cost of the cruise. For that reason after our next NCL cruise, I will only do European cruises, with one exception Australia in retirement.

You are so right. I spend allot on airfare as I don't like coach.

I am still waiting on a refund from Qatar since a cruise from last March. It is processing, as I get monthly updates. 

I hate getting the great deal than having it cancelled and am forced to deal with the aftermath.

I have tickets to Rome for this November and a return flight from Capetown in January.

Getting to Rome is easy, home is bad. Capetown to UAE. then to Miami.

STeve

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

You are so right. I spend allot on airfare as I don't like coach.

I am still waiting on a refund from Qatar since a cruise from last March. It is processing, as I get monthly updates. 

I hate getting the great deal than having it cancelled and am forced to deal with the aftermath.

I have tickets to Rome for this November and a return flight from Capetown in January.

Getting to Rome is easy, home is bad. Capetown to UAE. then to Miami.

STeve

I had a fantastic experience with Qatar, during the ash cloud we were stranded in Dubai, yes Costa kicked us off the ship, the first day stranded I took a taxi to Dubai airport to see what was going on, the normal desks were empty, so I went up these stairs and found there main office, I walked in and spoke to this really elegant gentleman, he sat me down and I shared tea with him, he assured me when the flights start we would be ok, about five days later Darren someone that had helped us in Dubai rang and said emerates are starting up, try Qatar, I grabbed a taxi with the whole family and went to the airport, straight up the stairs and greeted by the same gentleman, he sat the family down, told a member of staff to get us on the next flight, telexes were flying everywhere, anyway another gentleman said the crown prince has arrived and you must greet him, he turned said I’m too busy, anyway he turned and said can you get packed and back here in a hour? We said yes, and ran to get a taxi, to our shock we spotted the gentleman with a immaculate jacket on greeting the crown Prince.

we made it home, I sent a letter thanking the whole team.

On 3/2/2021 at 1:16 PM, casofilia said:

What will happen to Discounts?   We have a 75% discount on a 19 day Suite on a cruise in December 2022

From my experience, NCL isn’t great about honoring “we screwed up” discounts in any capacity. 

We received a 25% discount off a future cruise when the February 2020 southeast Asian Jade cruise was canceled four days before sailing. The discount was valid for one year. Our repeated efforts to get NCL to extend the discount to when cruises are actually sailing again have been a hard “no” from guest services. 

Edited by AstoriaPreppy

Well I feel better now.😁

It was pointed out to me that those who used FCC would be the last to be bumped because the use of FCC is part of the contract/agreement for taking FCC. That would be a breach on their part.

If there are more FCC booked cabins then allowed, and someone needed to be bumped,then the cruise line would have an issue that would probably end up with them giving cash refunds to those who were bumped.

That would probably not happen because they would sweeten the pot to get people to move to another date or ship.

STeve

I wasn't buying into any of the FCC nonsense when this started. Wasn't it something like you had to use or book a year from accepting? Turned out to be irrelevant as from my recollection I would have had to have booked a non existent cruise for perhaps later this year. 

I'll be back to square one after all of this- looking for a last minute cruise from NYC 3 weeks before 😞 no more 2 year planning in advance

The lure of a 25% additional credit didn't mean anything to me. I would have had to have just jumped through hoops again. 

On 3/6/2021 at 8:58 AM, HowardK said:

I wasn't buying into any of the FCC nonsense when this started. Wasn't it something like you had to use or book a year from accepting? Turned out to be irrelevant as from my recollection I would have had to have booked a non existent cruise for perhaps later this year. 

I'll be back to square one after all of this- looking for a last minute cruise from NYC 3 weeks before 😞 no more 2 year planning in advance

The lure of a 25% additional credit didn't mean anything to me. I would have had to have just jumped through hoops again. 

We took the FCC and bonus twice. Been cancelled twice more with cruises booked with the FCC. No regrets. Always rebooking. No problem. 

What's going to happen is you are going to get screwed and complain about it. NCL will ignore you while their CruiseCritic sock puppets here bombard you with posts telling you it was own damn fault.

Edited by Waquoit
  • Thanks 1

On 3/1/2021 at 3:27 PM, Trimone said:

Put it this way, if my September cruise is cancelled from Barcelona, I won’t accept FCC under any circumstances, only a refund, therefore I will have a chance to book a cruise out of Southampton.

Remember in administration FCC are valueless promises 

If you paid by FCC then you will get refunded fully with the FCC that you paid.  If you do not want to use it that is fine but FCC id what you will get in that situation.  If you used FCC you agreed to this when you opted for the FCC.  So there is that 'circumstance'.